Remove Advertisements

All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:50 am

Fridmarr wrote:Seattle sports media is reporting that Robinson Cano has signed with the Mariners.

Have they mentioned figures? If anything, all other sports agents should publicly bash Boras and A-Rod for poisoning the well regarding 200M+/7yr+ contracts

Edit:: Just found the figures. Retards...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:20 am

Fridmarr wrote:
Shoju wrote:On the other hand, using any metric I have in my Sheet, Matt McGloin is performing better than any RC/2nd year Qb in the last two seasons, except 1. Nick Foles.
Not that I've watched the Raiders much, though I have been loosely following McGloin as an ex PSUer, but it surprises me a bit that he has better stats than Wilson. I get that Wilson probably doesn't have boggling yards or attempts numbers because they are pretty balanced offensively and they've dominated a bit so they aren't throwing all game to catch up, but I still would not have expected that.

Sorry, I meant Metric as in "advanced stat derived from other stats". And Going back and checking, There is one that Wilson is better than him at. Snaps per TD. Wilson holds a commanding advantage there. But in Snaps per INT, Snaps Per Fumble, Yards Per Snap, and Snaps per Negative Play, McGloin is doing better than Wilson. Some of them are pretty close, but the Mc is ahead.

on the Cano Front, I'm hearing 10yrs 240m, to a 31 year old. Someone needs to stop this insanity.

I wouldn't have a problem giving that kind of years/money to Trout, or to Harper. But to a 31 year old? I just can't see the economics of it. It's mind boggling.
Shoju

Postby Teranoid » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:38 pm

The Mariners paying a guy 24 mil to still finish 4th in the West every year for the next 6 years (because there is no way Cano plays in Seattle for 10 years) is hilarious.

It's really like the AL West is where to go if you're a player looking for a huge payday or a front office brass who is out to sign the worse contracts in the history of the game.

I'm just surprised this 240 mil came from the Mariners and not the Angels perennial shitty contract powerhouse

Also lol Gary Kubiak got fired. You probably deserve it when you get swept by the Jags.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:47 pm

Shoju wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:
Shoju wrote:On the other hand, using any metric I have in my Sheet, Matt McGloin is performing better than any RC/2nd year Qb in the last two seasons, except 1. Nick Foles.
Not that I've watched the Raiders much, though I have been loosely following McGloin as an ex PSUer, but it surprises me a bit that he has better stats than Wilson. I get that Wilson probably doesn't have boggling yards or attempts numbers because they are pretty balanced offensively and they've dominated a bit so they aren't throwing all game to catch up, but I still would not have expected that.

Sorry, I meant Metric as in "advanced stat derived from other stats". And Going back and checking, There is one that Wilson is better than him at. Snaps per TD. Wilson holds a commanding advantage there. But in Snaps per INT, Snaps Per Fumble, Yards Per Snap, and Snaps per Negative Play, McGloin is doing better than Wilson. Some of them are pretty close, but the Mc is ahead.

on the Cano Front, I'm hearing 10yrs 240m, to a 31 year old. Someone needs to stop this insanity.

I wouldn't have a problem giving that kind of years/money to Trout, or to Harper. But to a 31 year old? I just can't see the economics of it. It's mind boggling.

You would have thought that A-Rod's contract of 275M/10Yr, at the age of 32, would have been a lesson for GMs nationwide -- guess not.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:50 am

Looks like Ohio State is not going to the championship game
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:09 am

I'm hoping that we get today's weather in Philly for the super bowl. So much fun to watch...
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:23 am

Fridmarr wrote:I'm hoping that we get today's weather in Philly for the super bowl. So much fun to watch...

I'd watch that, for lulz
---
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:30 pm

Live Look In From Philly

Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Gronk is missing right knee, Gronk is injured, Gronk wants to play but cant, Gronk is sad.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:39 pm

NE Referees 27 - Cleveland Brownies 26
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:43 pm

Klaudandus wrote:NE Referees 27 - Cleveland Brownies 26

The NFL owes Browns fans an apology.

Brady, in the tackle box, without a receiver close, throws the ball, which doesn't travel pass the LoS, and they pick up the flag for intentional grounding
Campbell, outside the tackle box, with a receiver close, does the same thing, passing the LoS, and they nail him for grounding.
Edelman gets hit in the chest, by a defender leading with his shoulder, and it's a personal foul, defenseless receiver
Then, the Phantom PI call in the end zone.

If the teams would have been in opposite roles, that wouldn't have been defenseless receiver. It wouldn't have been PI.

It's absolute Bullshit.

I wouldn't have minded one bit if the Patriots would have won the game. I wouldn't have minded one bit. The better team would have won. But to lose because the referees are too busy slobbering over the knob of Brady and the Hoodie is infuriating. You shouldn't have to fight against the refs terrible calls, and blatant bias to try and win a game.

The referees this season are ruining games. It seems like once a week, there is a game that is being ruined by a bad call.

And I'd like to say that I feel bad for Gronkowski. I really would. But he is a product of what the NFL as done. They have consistently flagged defenders for hits like what happened to edelman, a completely legit, and legal hit, so defenders are going low. And they will continue to go low, and take out players knees, until the NFL does something to change it. You can't make a tackle zone that extends from the waist down, and not expect players to have their knees destroyed. The unfortunate thing is, I don't see it changing until someone's career is ended because of it. Maybe, once someone's knees is pulverized to a point that they can't come back from it, we'll see the NFL do something, like make these stupid defenseless receiver hits reviewable, which at this point, is the only thing I can think of to make this situation any better.

But, that's what happens I guess. Sort of like the concussion issue. It took people dying, and killing themselves, and giving them a bad public image before they did something about it.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:12 pm

Yeah, that was some serious home cooking on behalf of the Referees.

That said, the Browns stank it up with that onside kick the Pats recovered that set things in motion. That was a very Cleveland Browns play.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:15 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Yeah, that was some serious home cooking on behalf of the Referees.

That said, the Browns stank it up with that onside kick the Pats recovered that set things in motion. That was a very Cleveland Browns play.

OH I agree, though I think that there was a good dose of shell shocked involved in that.
Shoju

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Sorry can't resist...integrity of the game :D
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Teranoid » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:10 pm

The NFL owes the Browns an apology and the Browns owe anyone who ever bought a ticket or considered themselves a fan of the team an apology for being one of the shittiest franchises in football year in and year out.
Teranoid

PreviousNext

Return to General