Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:16 am

Klaudandus wrote:The Hoyer Era is here.

Just like the Holcomb era
And the Anderson Era
And the Frye Era
And the other "Hey we put this guy in for a game during the season, he has no experience, but damn he looks better than the last guy" eras.

Color me unimpressed with the win yesterday. Fake Punts and fake FG's will only get you so many points before teams realize that you're doing something silly.

Defensive front seven still looked awesome yesterday. Keeping AP in check.
No Running Game (not a surprise)
Little time for Hoyer to throw. It's really hard to believe looking back at that game that they managed so few sacks on Hoyer. It's a testament to how long it takes weeden to throw, and how "ready" hoyer was to throw it away and not get murdered.
Skrine is both the most fantastic, and the dreadful CB I've seen play. Pick a play, you'll see greatness. Pick another play, you see vomit.
54 passes is about 20 too many IMO. I'm not a huge fan of wide open passing attacks for a team that plays home games on the shores of Lake Erie, in an open air stadium.

But hey. They won. yaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Can you feel my excitement? It's just so contagious.
Shoju

Postby Koatanga » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:32 pm

If you're throwing in the towel for the season, the best thing to do is win a game, to assure you won't get the top draft pick.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Shoju » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:53 pm

Koatanga wrote:If you're throwing in the towel for the season, the best thing to do is win a game, to assure you won't get the top draft pick.

Who knows what they are doing. They've been shopping Gordon and Little, even though they are denying it the reports are flying in. They shopped Gordon to the Pats, and Texans, hoping to do a deal to get either Ben Tate (whom Lombardi messes his undies over) or a Pats Pick. And they've been dangling Little since before training camp. hoping for a pick out of a deal.

From a fan's standpoint, it's hard to understand what their logic is at this point. None of the QB's in this coming draft are "can't miss" picks, and Clowney, while amazing, doesn't fit a "need". If you saw any of the game yesterday, our front 7 is definitely not a problem. Sure, it can be upgraded, but not at a position that he plays. We could use another interior LB.

But, QB, RB, FB, WR2, WR3, TE2, RG, RT, FS, SS, CB2, are all legitimate "needs".

We don't have a QB that would even be "top 15" on the roster.
We don't have an RB on the roster that is going to be a compliment to that.
Our FB, is currently a RB
We have Gordon, but we don't have complimentary receivers. I was hopeful that Little would get better, after his improvement last year. But here we are, back to #Blot (if you are unaware, find a way to look up little and #blot)
We could use a good (not great) TE to compliment Cameron who looks like a great find.
The Right Side of our Oline is a Wet Paper Bag, and that's overrating them.
Skrine.... God... I can't take it.
Our Safeties are... "ok". Not great, not "Dominant" They are probably the last spot to be upgraded.

They currently have 10 picks in rounds 1-4 next year. Rumor is, they're trying to up it to 12. I had always been under the (obviously mistaken) impression that teams were limited to 10 picks in a given draft.
Shoju

Postby Koatanga » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:43 pm

Damn that's a lot of picks in the early rounds. Is there enough talent in one draft to merit them all?

I think a good safety makes a good defense. The key factor in Seattle's defensive rise has been Earl Thomas. His incredible range allows us to use press coverage with our big CBs.

Seattle has serious OL problems, but what OL we have is run-focused. Our mobile QB makes up for the lack of pass protection with his ability to move the pocket. But let's be realistic - QBs of Russel Wilson quality don't grow on trees. We got incredibly lucky. How many guys do a 360 to freeze a rushing defender to buy time to throw a TD strike? Not many. The Browns have been unlucky at QB since a very, very long time ago. The Dolphins have been looking since Marino, but the Browns have been looking since... Graham? Sipe? Ages.
Koatanga

Postby Shoju » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:02 am

Koatanga wrote:Damn that's a lot of picks in the early rounds. Is there enough talent in one draft to merit them all?

I think a good safety makes a good defense. The key factor in Seattle's defensive rise has been Earl Thomas. His incredible range allows us to use press coverage with our big CBs.

Seattle has serious OL problems, but what OL we have is run-focused. Our mobile QB makes up for the lack of pass protection with his ability to move the pocket. But let's be realistic - QBs of Russel Wilson quality don't grow on trees. We got incredibly lucky. How many guys do a 360 to freeze a rushing defender to buy time to throw a TD strike? Not many. The Browns have been unlucky at QB since a very, very long time ago. The Dolphins have been looking since Marino, but the Browns have been looking since... Graham? Sipe? Ages.

In honesty, Kosar was a "Good" QB for the era. He wasn't great. He wasn't an HoF'er. But he wasn't Charlie Frye either. He had good teams, and his lack of bringing a Super Bowl to Cleveland, can be argued as not his fault.

The Drive. Not his Fault. If the Defense just stops the Broncos, this is a non issue.
The Fumble. All he had to do was hold onto the ball. Byner's Fumble wasn't his fault.

But, because we were the Broncos whipping boys in back to back AFC title games, it's a knock on his career. Now, towards the end, he fell off a cliff, and quickly. He wasn't good at the end. But in the early goings, say the first 5-7 years of his career, he was good. It was just the end of it that was.... bad. VERY bad. And since then, we have been pretty awful at QB.

And honestly? I'd be ok with an "He's a good QB" type of guy. I don't even think the Browns need a superstar QB. The AFC North Weather (and Cleveland in particular) isn't going to allow a QB like Brees, Manning, etc... be amazing. I still wish we would have landed Alex Smith. His game fits in Cleveland.

Color me as "doubtful" that Chudzinski's desire for a vertical passing attack survives long after November, with Crossing Winds, Lake Effect Weather, and a Natural Grass Surface.

As far as picks?
Well, I would assume they are going to draft QB in RD1, probably an OL, or skill Defensive Position in Rd1, And then OL, LB, WR, in 2-3. From there, they will probably start stockpiling "Lombardi's talent" type people.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:36 pm

Browns are tied for first.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:51 pm

Steelers are beyond terrible. This entire team needs to be nuked top to bottom.

At least the Pirates are in the playoffs and the Pens start up soon.
Teranoid

Postby Koatanga » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:02 pm

On second thought, Shoju, stick with the Brownies. Being a Seahawks fan is exhausting.
Koatanga

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Koatanga wrote:On second thought, Shoju, stick with the Brownies. Being a Seahawks fan is exhausting.

Road game, 3 missing OL (including 2 pro-bowlers) and going against possibly the best front four? It was kind of expected tbh.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Koatanga » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:15 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Koatanga wrote:On second thought, Shoju, stick with the Brownies. Being a Seahawks fan is exhausting.

Road game, 3 missing OL (including 2 pro-bowlers) and going against possibly the best front four? It was kind of expected tbh.

Of course it was, an the early start compounds the problem. But still it was a heck of a comeback and whenever you go to OT, the game can go either way on any play.
Koatanga

Postby Shoju » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:33 am

1.) Browns are... Well... They have an amazing defense. I'm curious what they will do for offense, once people shut down the passing game.
2.) The tribe has won 10 in a row, and HOST a playoff game? WTF?
3.) Fox can suck a big fat one, after deciding that the Broncos Eagles game wasn't competitive enough to keep broadcasting. You have no idea the rage my wife unleashed at the tv when James Brown came on, and said they were taking it to San Diego because it was a more competitive game. Peyton Fucking Manning was on TV. She didn't want to watch two teams see who could suck less to win a game. she wanted to watch Peyton Fucking Manning. In turn, this made my early evening hell. Fuck You Fox.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:55 am

vipboxonline (.) eu

for all your sports streaming needs, including red zone =P
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:19 am

Klaudandus wrote:vipboxonline (.) eu

for all your sports streaming needs, including red zone =P

I try to not do that kind of thing. It's a... "moral" kind of thing I guess.
Shoju

Postby Koatanga » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:43 pm

In New Zealand, NFL Game Pass is free.
Koatanga

Postby Shoju » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:36 am

Koatanga wrote:In New Zealand, NFL Game Pass is free.

IN our area, the game was blacked out on the Direct TV Football package, because it was available on a normal channel.
Shoju

PreviousNext

Return to General