All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: All about sports

Postby Teranoid » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:28 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:That was a rough week for the once very tough AFC North...


On the plus side, they're all tied for first still.


Funny enough my brother said if you add up all the points the Steelers,Browns and Bungles lost by it's still less than how much the Ratbirds got blown out by.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: All about sports

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:48 pm

And the Pirates get the monkey off their back...finally!
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 6465
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:58 am

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9378
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:59 pm

Honestly speaking if all the Italian football players died in the heat of Qatar I'd be quite satisfied.

Highest payments of the planet, and they can't beat a team gathered in front of a stadium.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8702
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:36 pm

http://profootballnetworks.com/2013/09/ ... -dolphins/

Just read it. It's HILARIOUS. *and a friend of mine
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Nakama » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Shoju wrote:http://profootballnetworks.com/2013/09/10/notes-from-the-dawg-pound-week-1-miami-dolphins/

Just read it. It's HILARIOUS. *and a friend of mine


That was pretty classic. Very nice! :)

In other news, the Royals are catching up to your Indians! Watchout, wild card hopefuls! The Royals are here to tantalize you and then fail miserably to get that second wild card slot. Worry not, Indians fans. You'll make it!

--Jed
User avatar
Nakama
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:54 am

Man.. The Patriots are killing me in FF this year. I expected good things from Ridley this year. So far... Not so much. I ended up having to settle for Brady as my Starting QB, since Everyone drafted QB's in Round 1, early round 2. He's frustrating.

The only bright spot? I was able to pick up Edelman, and thanks to PPR, he got me 20 last night. I'm going to need it, since Brady managed a whopping 11 (And RGIII will again be worth more points while sitting on the bench), and Ridley got me 4. Again.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:35 pm

Nakama wrote:In other news, the Royals are catching up to your Indians! Watchout, wild card hopefuls! The Royals are here to tantalize you and then fail miserably to get that second wild card slot. Worry not, Indians fans. You'll make it!

--Jed


Gotta leap over 2 teams to get a WC spot. I don't think it's going to happen this year.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Man it's easy to forget just how many QBs the Browns have gone through in the last 15 years or so...A sad reminder: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 6465
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Koatanga » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Fridmarr wrote:Man it's easy to forget just how many QBs the Browns have gone through in the last 15 years or so...A sad reminder: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

All you have to do is wait until the 3rd round and pick the 5'10" kid.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:47 am

tom brady was a 6th round pick
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9378
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Fetzie » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:31 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24160879

Does any sport other than Football have such a blatantly corrupt federation admin? The World Cup should be re-awarded, Qatar cannot deliver what they promised when they submitted their application for the 2022 competition.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2028
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:44 am

GOOD.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9378
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:45 am

Image
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9378
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Teranoid » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:50 am

Image
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: All about sports

Postby Koatanga » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:39 pm

He butt-fumbled his helmet.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Re: All about sports

Postby Jabari » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:57 pm

Classy Dodgers are classy. :evil:

Hope they all caught some kind of flesh-eating bacteria.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:46 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:04 pm

The Browns gave me a great birthday present.

The ability to stop caring about them. 2 weeks into the season, and they have already waved the white flag for the year. We're done. Pack it in. We're going to see what we can do in the next draft.

And the Fans have no one to blame but themselves. Since the team moved, we have proven that we care way too much about the team.
We'll endure cosmetic changes to make it look like there is effort being made.
We'll tolerate 19 starting qb's.
We'll tolerate "building through the draft"
We'll tolerate giving another coordinator a chance at being an nfl head coach instead of hiring a successful head coach.
We'll tolerate trading a power running back, with enormous potential, because he doesn't fit the system. (or so they thought) Keep in mind, that good teams adapt the system to fit their players. Case in Point: Peyton Manning, and the Denver Broncos. Isn't it interesting how the Broncos evolved into what Manning does, instead of Manning evolving into what they did? Interesting. But, hey, it's working right.

The outrage over Richardson was coupled with such awesome "threats of protest" as: Don't show up to the next game until the second Quarter! Yeah. That'll show em. Show up late. They already have your money.

But, While I may never be able to fully quit the Browns, they did give me the ability to move on. I'm looking for a new team to root for. A team that thinks the best way to reward their fans for their dedication, is to put a winning product on the field. Not, take advantage of that fanbase, and keep trying to build and build, and blow it up at the first sign of trouble.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:17 pm

Shoju wrote:But, While I may never be able to fully quit the Browns, they did give me the ability to move on. I'm looking for a new team to root for. A team that thinks the best way to reward their fans for their dedication, is to put a winning product on the field. Not, take advantage of that fanbase, and keep trying to build and build, and blow it up at the first sign of trouble.


Sounds like a team up in Baltimore is perfect for you!
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:15 pm

Flex wrote:
Shoju wrote:But, While I may never be able to fully quit the Browns, they did give me the ability to move on. I'm looking for a new team to root for. A team that thinks the best way to reward their fans for their dedication, is to put a winning product on the field. Not, take advantage of that fanbase, and keep trying to build and build, and blow it up at the first sign of trouble.


Sounds like a team up in Baltimore is perfect for you!


That's about as likely as the steelers.

AKA The last resort.

And even then? It'd probably be the Steelers before the Ravens. I just have a hard time "rooting" for the Ravens. I don't "hate" them, but being a fan? I just don't think I could do it.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Koatanga » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Shoju wrote:The Browns gave me a great birthday present.

The ability to stop caring about them. 2 weeks into the season, and they have already waved the white flag for the year. We're done. Pack it in. We're going to see what we can do in the next draft.

And the Fans have no one to blame but themselves. Since the team moved, we have proven that we care way too much about the team.
We'll endure cosmetic changes to make it look like there is effort being made.
We'll tolerate 19 starting qb's.
We'll tolerate "building through the draft"
We'll tolerate giving another coordinator a chance at being an nfl head coach instead of hiring a successful head coach.
We'll tolerate trading a power running back, with enormous potential, because he doesn't fit the system. (or so they thought) Keep in mind, that good teams adapt the system to fit their players. Case in Point: Peyton Manning, and the Denver Broncos. Isn't it interesting how the Broncos evolved into what Manning does, instead of Manning evolving into what they did? Interesting. But, hey, it's working right.

The outrage over Richardson was coupled with such awesome "threats of protest" as: Don't show up to the next game until the second Quarter! Yeah. That'll show em. Show up late. They already have your money.

But, While I may never be able to fully quit the Browns, they did give me the ability to move on. I'm looking for a new team to root for. A team that thinks the best way to reward their fans for their dedication, is to put a winning product on the field. Not, take advantage of that fanbase, and keep trying to build and build, and blow it up at the first sign of trouble.


May I recommend the Seattle Seahawks? Young team, good coaching, built through the draft and other teams' discarded players, excellent fan base, and a favourite to do well this season.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Re: All about sports

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:35 pm

Oh the Pirates... you are going to stick a dagger in my heart aren't you?

It's a bit premature to list excellent fan base, as an attribute of the Seahawks, particularly to a Browns fan. They're certainly a great young team with tremendous potential, but that fan base needs to prove itself. I can remember local radio honks begging people to buy tickets so the games wouldn't be blacked out (in a brand spanking new stadium to boot). More recently they were saved by corporate sponsors buying empty seats to avoid it.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 6465
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Teranoid » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Jordy Mercer should go back to little league where they teach you how to throw a fucking baseball.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: All about sports

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:34 pm

I've got three words

Jose
Chico
Lind
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 6465
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Koatanga » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:03 am

Fridmarr wrote:Oh the Pirates... you are going to stick a dagger in my heart aren't you?

It's a bit premature to list excellent fan base, as an attribute of the Seahawks, particularly to a Browns fan. They're certainly a great young team with tremendous potential, but that fan base needs to prove itself. I can remember local radio honks begging people to buy tickets so the games wouldn't be blacked out (in a brand spanking new stadium to boot). More recently they were saved by corporate sponsors buying empty seats to avoid it.

136.6 decibels. Roads lined with people as the team left for the playoffs last year.

The fans appreciate the team and the team appreciates the fans.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest