Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:14 pm

Player dies after playing in Qatar heat
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer ... &eref=sihp

=(
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:54 pm

You simply can't play sports that involve running or excessive movement and exertion in the desert. Doing so is reckless and dangerous. I was slightly concerned about Murray and Djokovic at the Wimbledon final, and that was in London.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:06 pm

Yep.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:24 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-l ... 52447.html

I bet the Yankees front office is hoping he gets banned for life, that way they get to not pay the rest of his contract. I hate the yankees, but I hate Arod even more so I hope the same.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:00 pm

Going to the Pirates/Cardinals doubleheader tomorrow. First time at PNC and first game in almost 20 years for me. Pretty excited.
Teranoid

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:05 pm

Nice! It's a great venue and that should be a great matchup. I'm hoping to catch them at PNC when I'm back in PA next month.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:09 am

A Follow-up on the A-Roid thing.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... -1.1412251

The office is looking to suspend him under CBA rules, not PED rules.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:24 am

A couple of responses to topics and a Tribe note.

I'm very happy that the tribe picked up Giambi. He doesn't hit well, but he's had several clutch hits this season. He only came because Francona was willing to tutor him to be a coach / manager, and many of the younger guys on the team say he is a great source of knowledge in the clubhouse, and he's been great to have around. When you are building to make a team a contender, sometimes, you need that grizzled veteran presence to help keep things level headed. And honestly? I had forgotten that he was a PED user until my 16 y/o brought it up. I had forgotten. It's amazing what you can forget when it's not shoved in your face every day.

On the Rays? Man, I love that team. I love that they prove that you don't need a 100+M payroll to compete. I love that Maddon as a manager. What a great guy. And Thank you to the Ump last night for giving them first place again.

On the Bucs, My son and I are rooting for them. I'm not a fan of them, but I like HUrdle as a manager. Every time I hear him talk, He makes me like him more. I'll be rooting for them, right up until they play the rays or the tribe.

As far as A-Rod is concerned, if he REALLY did tamper with the biogenesis case by trying to intimidate witnesses, and purchase documents to keep them away from them, I hope to god that they throw the book at him. Crush him underfoot, ban him for life. If Rose can be banned for Gambling, never to see the inside of the Hall as a member, I don't want A-Rod anywhere near that place.
Shoju

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:11 pm

Teranoid wrote:Going to the Pirates/Cardinals doubleheader tomorrow. First time at PNC and first game in almost 20 years for me. Pretty excited.
Raise the Jolly Roger...twice :D
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:10 am

Jake Peavy is now a sawx. Nice!
---
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:46 am

Fridmarr wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Going to the Pirates/Cardinals doubleheader tomorrow. First time at PNC and first game in almost 20 years for me. Pretty excited.
Raise the Jolly Roger...twice :D

PNC Park is fucking beautiful and our seats were amazing. Oh yeah and walking off game 1 and absolutely crushing them in game 2 was good too.

People behind me were all over that home plate ump after Martin didn't go after that ball letting the runner reach second. He should have went after the ball regardless but man we got fired up after AJ started talking shit after the next pitch.
Teranoid

Postby Cogglamp » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:11 am

Fetzie wrote:You simply can't play sports that involve running or excessive movement and exertion in the desert. Doing so is reckless and dangerous. I was slightly concerned about Murray and Djokovic at the Wimbledon final, and that was in London.

That story is rubbish frankly. It was 40-41 degrees Celsius or 106 to 108 degrees Farenheit when Christian took the field and he only played 20 minutes. This was not a heat-related incident. I grew up in Arizona and we'd regularly play soccer and football games in at least that and I'm not a world class athlete.

Let's look at it this way, he was a Latin American born soccer player playing in the Mexican league so he's already been heat acclimated.

This is tragic for his family and soccer fans throughout the world as Chucho was a bright and captivating player to watch.
Cogglamp

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:18 am

Apparently, he had a pain-induced heart attacked caused from a burst appendix/peritonitis. He did play the day before he died, so...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:51 pm

---
Klaudandus

Postby Nakama » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:04 pm

Shoju wrote:A couple of responses to topics and a Tribe note.

I'm very happy that the tribe picked up Giambi. He doesn't hit well, but he's had several clutch hits this season. He only came because Francona was willing to tutor him to be a coach / manager, and many of the younger guys on the team say he is a great source of knowledge in the clubhouse, and he's been great to have around. When you are building to make a team a contender, sometimes, you need that grizzled veteran presence to help keep things level headed. And honestly? I had forgotten that he was a PED user until my 16 y/o brought it up. I had forgotten. It's amazing what you can forget when it's not shoved in your face every day.

On the Rays? Man, I love that team. I love that they prove that you don't need a 100+M payroll to compete. I love that Maddon as a manager. What a great guy. And Thank you to the Ump last night for giving them first place again.

On the Bucs, My son and I are rooting for them. I'm not a fan of them, but I like HUrdle as a manager. Every time I hear him talk, He makes me like him more. I'll be rooting for them, right up until they play the rays or the tribe.

As far as A-Rod is concerned, if he REALLY did tamper with the biogenesis case by trying to intimidate witnesses, and purchase documents to keep them away from them, I hope to god that they throw the book at him. Crush him underfoot, ban him for life. If Rose can be banned for Gambling, never to see the inside of the Hall as a member, I don't want A-Rod anywhere near that place.

Damn your Indians for keeping up with the Royals! We can't be the surprise of the season with both you and the Tigers winning games the same time we have a 9 game winning streak! :)

A-Rod needs to just go away, forever. I sincerely doubt he's even vaguely clean on any aspect of the Biogenesis case.

--Jed
Nakama

PreviousNext

Return to General