Remove Advertisements

All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:32 pm

Flex wrote:http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjkiebus/die-hard-cleveland-browns-fan-makes-the-most-cleveland-last

This was in my home town

EDIT:

OH yeah, and Browns Personnel came to the funeral

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/app ... 3307090015
Shoju

Postby Flex » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:44 pm

Good on them. I'll make fun of Cleveland a little less today.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:47 pm

Flex wrote:Good on them. I'll make fun of Cleveland a little less today.

It was pretty cool for sure.

Did you hear about the kid who named his Brain Cancer Michigan?

From what I understand, he's from a local town, about 15 minutes down the road from Mansfield. Cool Kid. Really cool story.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:49 pm

I don't get College rivalries so that aspect does nothing for me.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Flex » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:39 am

Reports have The Jets planning on using Geno Smith in read option packages, if he doesn't win the starting job.

He had less than 350 rushing yards in his college career.
Flex

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:07 am

A qb may not get many yards running if the system isn't designed for it, even if he has the athleticism to be pretty good at it.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:27 pm

ah.. the travails of fantasy sports... crush the top team one week and move into the 2nd spot, next two weeks get crushed by two teams that aren't being managed at all, and drop down 4 spots...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:02 pm

Berman ruins the Derby and possibly ESPN.
Flex

Postby Nakama » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:46 pm

Flex wrote:Berman ruins the Derby and possibly ESPN.

BACKBACKBACKBACK BACK BACK BACK doesn't endear him to you? :)

I would mute the whole thing if I didn't like hearing the crowd.

--Jed
Nakama

Postby Shoju » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:39 am

I like berman on football stuff, but I'm a little burnt on the derby
Shoju

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:33 pm

Sepp Blatter now wants to move the football world cup to winter for the 2022 tournament. Apparently nobody stopped to think "wait, it gets to over 50°C between an hour after dawn and 4 hours after sunset in summer in Qatar" when they were accepting the bribe. Not a fucking chance, Sepp. No domestic league has the time to send all its best players off to some sandpit in Arabia in the middle of the fucking season for over a month just so that some oil sheikhs can play at running a sports tournament.

If the Qataris can't put it on in summer, give it to a country that can. The clubs already complain when their players get pulled out of pre-season training for qualifier stage matches, I don't want to be in the room when the managers are told they can't play their A-team for two months.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Fetzie wrote:Sepp Blatter now wants to move the football world cup to winter for the 2022 tournament. Apparently nobody stopped to think "wait, it gets to over 50°C between an hour after dawn and 4 hours after sunset in summer in Qatar" when they were accepting the bribe. Not a fucking chance, Sepp. No domestic league has the time to send all its best players off to some sandpit in Arabia in the middle of the fucking season for over a month just so that some oil sheikhs can play at running a sports tournament.

If the Qataris can't put it on in summer, give it to a country that can. The clubs already complain when their players get pulled out of pre-season training for qualifier stage matches, I don't want to be in the room when the managers are told they can't play their A-team for two months.

I do, just for lulz.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:03 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Fetzie wrote:Sepp Blatter now wants to move the football world cup to winter for the 2022 tournament. Apparently nobody stopped to think "wait, it gets to over 50°C between an hour after dawn and 4 hours after sunset in summer in Qatar" when they were accepting the bribe. Not a fucking chance, Sepp. No domestic league has the time to send all its best players off to some sandpit in Arabia in the middle of the fucking season for over a month just so that some oil sheikhs can play at running a sports tournament.

I do, just for lulz.

Now I think about it, I do want to see Step Ladder with a broken nose.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Shoju » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:45 pm

So I'm guessing that their grand ideas for the remote control floating cloud they used as a way to "beat the heat" aren't working out then? I don't remember all the specifics, just that they had plans for some crazy automated flying contraption that would act as cloud cover for the games.
Shoju

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:57 pm

It's hard to believe they didn't have a solution for that. Maybe they'll have to build domes.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General