Remove Advertisements

All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:48 am

Yeah, It's a gamble, but one we aren't making I guess. Captain Munnerlyn in Cle to talk deal, and TE Meyers from Oak in flight to land in CLE. Munnerlyn isn't bad, and Meyers could be an affordable upgrade. He had a tendency to go missing in games last season. He's not Elite, but definitely an upgrade.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:54 am

In asomugha's defense, he is better at man to man and the eagles are more zone defense

Also, Reggie bush to lions
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 am

Curious how Bush does in the Cold. playing in USC -> New Orleans -> Miami, he hasn't had a lot of cold, and the Division is still GB > Chi > Det, meaning that he's going to need to prove it.
Shoju

Postby Shoju » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:09 pm

oh Snap! Multiple sources are reporting that The Broncos are trying to finalize a deal with Wes Welker.... That would be... monumental.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Tamee is not a bad TE
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:20 pm

In other news Pittsburgh is putting all its elderly and broken out to pasture. Yeesh.
Teranoid

Postby Shoju » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Browns sign TE from Carolina, still showing interest in Meyers. Chud says he likes 2 TE sets, and thinks it adds versatility.

Well.... I guess? not sure I can name a team with two TE's used often outside of Patriots, and that's because Gronk (when not hurt) and Hernandez are two of the best.
Shoju

Postby halabar » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:32 pm

Teranoid wrote:In other news Pittsburgh is putting all its elderly and broken out to pasture. Yeesh.

Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Koatanga » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:35 pm

Shoju wrote:Browns sign TE from Carolina, still showing interest in Meyers. Chud says he likes 2 TE sets, and thinks it adds versatility.

Well.... I guess? not sure I can name a team with two TE's used often outside of Patriots, and that's because Gronk (when not hurt) and Hernandez are two of the best.

Seattle uses a 2 TE set from time to time, with Zach Miller and Anthony McCoy. It's a matter of having options. You never know which one, if any of them, are going to be receiver on the play, or if it's just a jumbo set to run the ball down your throat. They also run a trick play out of it where they stack the right side, and the TE on the left side pretends to slip at the line of scrimmage and fall down. Then he gets up and trots into the end zone completely uncovered for an easy TD.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:46 pm

Shoju wrote:Yeah, It's a gamble, but one we aren't making I guess.

Kruger is a big enough gamble anyway. It took Suggs coming back for him to get any decent numbers. Does Cleveland have anyone to help him in that way or will he be the guy the offense keys on to free up other people?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby CrimsonEyes » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:06 pm

I would have preferred the Colts to get Kruger, he was a holy terror in the backfields all post-season, but c'est la vie.

Welker to the Broncos I can totally get behind, both from Peyton Manning fan viewpoint, and a spite the Cheatriots standpoint.
Spider Clan * Gentleman * Noah * Onisu of Crimson * Rabble Rouser * Wiggler * The Lucid Dream * Paladin * Thousand Son

Elenti of Scarlet Crusade

"There’s one thing you never put in a trap, if you’re smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap.......Me." - The 11th Doctor

ImageImage
CrimsonEyes

Postby Koatanga » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:52 pm

CrimsonEyes wrote:I would have preferred the Colts to get Kruger, he was a holy terror in the backfields all post-season, but c'est la vie.

Welker to the Broncos I can totally get behind, both from Peyton Manning fan viewpoint, and a spite the Cheatriots standpoint.

Doesn't make much sense to extend Brady and let Welker walk.
Koatanga

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:54 pm

Koatanga wrote:
CrimsonEyes wrote:I would have preferred the Colts to get Kruger, he was a holy terror in the backfields all post-season, but c'est la vie.

Welker is just a receiver who can't hold on to balls in the postseason. Those are a dime a dozen.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Koatanga » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:03 pm

Flex wrote:
Koatanga wrote:

Welker is just a receiver who can't hold on to balls in the postseason. Those are a dime a dozen.

Tied for 2nd in the NFL with 118 receptions last year - doesn't sound dime-a-dozen to me. 5 seasons with 110+ receptions. Clearly Brady's favourite target.
Koatanga

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:09 pm

There was a lot of snark in my statement. Also BB will dump players pretty quickly if he feels their time is up.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General