Remove Advertisements

All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Flex » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:07 pm

Klaudandus wrote:I like peyton but guy has serious weaknesses under certain conditions...

The playoffs?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:12 pm

Flex wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:I like peyton but guy has serious weaknesses under certain conditions...

The playoffs?

That and playing in an open stadium when the weather is below 40F...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:23 pm

Desmond Bryant's mugshot
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:21 am

I wonder how bad is Te'o's stock considering that Honey Badger seemed to impress more at the combine despite spending a year in rehab.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:21 am

Chiefs trade 2nd round pick for Alex Smith.

Weellllllllllllll shit.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:24 am

Shoju wrote:Chiefs trade 2nd round pick for Alex Smith.

Weellllllllllllll shit.

HAHAHAHA!
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:33 am

Shoju wrote:Chiefs trade 2nd round pick for Alex Smith.

Weellllllllllllll shit.

Maybe the Browns can make a move on Cassel!

Also I sure hope the 49ers don't become Jets west.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Paxen » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:40 am

Isn't that a smart trade? There's no real long-term QB prospect in this draft, and Alex Smith is a competent starter. You won't win the Superbowl with him (at least Jim Harbaugh doesn't think so!), but you can be an upper-tier team. It allows the Chiefs to wait until they're in a position to draft a good prospect, and/or take a flyer on less likely prospect, digging for a Kaepernick/Wilson if you like.

Or are you saying it's dumb trade by the niners?
Paxen

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:05 pm

---
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:17 pm

Paxen wrote:Isn't that a smart trade? There's no real long-term QB prospect in this draft, and Alex Smith is a competent starter. You won't win the Superbowl with him (at least Jim Harbaugh doesn't think so!), but you can be an upper-tier team. It allows the Chiefs to wait until they're in a position to draft a good prospect, and/or take a flyer on less likely prospect, digging for a Kaepernick/Wilson if you like.

Smart on both sides, but I wonder what the 9ers are gonna do with all the picks they have.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Shoju » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Paxen wrote:Isn't that a smart trade? There's no real long-term QB prospect in this draft, and Alex Smith is a competent starter. You won't win the Superbowl with him (at least Jim Harbaugh doesn't think so!), but you can be an upper-tier team. It allows the Chiefs to wait until they're in a position to draft a good prospect, and/or take a flyer on less likely prospect, digging for a Kaepernick/Wilson if you like.

It's a fantastic trade. I believe that you can win a superbowl with smith as your QB. Last time I checked, Harbaugh W didn't win one with the guy he replaced him with (zing!), Smith didn't lose the niners the NFC title game last year. that was their stellar return man.

They are laughing, because I have been chomping all off season about how it made GOOD SENSE for the Browns to go after Smith Aggressively. I'm going to tell myself that the reason the Browns didn't come up with it, is because we don't have a 2nd rounder to part with, and I can't imagine there are too many players Harbaugh would have wanted that the Browns would have parted with to compensate for taking a 3rd rounder. I don't want to believe that we just didn't pursue him.

So now, I can go wallow in self pity as I realize that the Browns are going to give wheelchair another season. AND I'll have to watch Peyton lose in the playoffs again next year.

Oh well, Baseball season is close. I haven't been this excited for baseball in a VERY long time. Come on Francona, don't let us down.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:31 pm

The 49ers robbed the Chiefs in this trade. Smith needed to be moved both in a cap room sense and in a get this guy out of here ASAP sense. Chiefs paid too high a price for him.

Smith will revert to being the Alex Smith of old in KC for the simple fact the team around him isn't that good.
Flex

Postby Paxen » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:34 pm

Flex wrote:The 49ers robbed the Chiefs in this trade. Smith needed to be moved both in a cap room sense and in a get this guy out of here ASAP sense. Chiefs paid too high a price for him.

That only looks at why the 49ers want to dump him, and doesn't take into account any other teams that might be interested (like, say, the Browns). Alex Smith isn't "elite" or a "franchise quarterback", but he's going to give the Chiefs breathing room until they can find such a player (or let them ignore QB and build around the defense).
Paxen

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:41 pm

A-Rod is a douchecanoe, to the surprise of no one
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-l ... --mlb.html
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:46 pm

Paxen wrote:Alex Smith isn't "elite" or a "franchise quarterback", but he's going to give the Chiefs breathing room until they can find such a player (or let them ignore QB and build around the defense).

Alex Smith is Matt Cassel with a different name.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General