Remove Advertisements

All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:16 am

Speaking of "Fitting Ends"

The Browns Coaching search had a very fitting end to week 1.

Chip Kelly, no longer in the running.
Every other option so far has signed elsewhere.

Now, let's get serious, and move on to a coach that doesn't run a gimmick that wont work in cleveland, and start looking at "real" candidates. Not that I could even begin to identify who would be interested in the job. I mean, most browns fans want Cowher, or Gruden, or Saban. I just want a coach who isn't going to suck. I'd prefer one with previous experience as an NFL Head Coach, but not named McDaniels.

But they've created a problem. They want to hire the coach first, and then the GM, and make the GM a puppet to the VPFO and HC.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:34 am

I guess Kelly decided to stay in college, where his team is always in the run for the BCS Championship... whereas Browns and Eagles will most likely take 3 years to be seriously competitive

Also, because we love to pile on the Jets
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jet_ ... 9ElHn4hfZN

Also, there were news last week about Rex Ryan having a tattoo of his wife, wearing a sanchez jersey, while tebowing.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:17 pm

We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Klaudandus wrote:I guess Kelly decided to stay in college, where his team is always in the run for the BCS Championship... whereas Browns and Eagles will most likely take 3 years to be seriously competitive

Also, there were news last week about Rex Ryan having a tattoo of his wife, wearing a sanchez jersey, while tebowing.

the tattoo is true. It's a little creepy looking.

and wow... dumping PSL's at such crazy prices? Almost makes me wish I had the cash to speculate.
Shoju

Postby halabar » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:23 pm

RGIII needs the doc that worked on AP.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Shoju wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:I guess Kelly decided to stay in college, where his team is always in the run for the BCS Championship... whereas Browns and Eagles will most likely take 3 years to be seriously competitive

and wow... dumping PSL's at such crazy prices? Almost makes me wish I had the cash to speculate.

It's just an ugly tat, as most of them are.

Read the fine print on those PSLs.. I can't see how any sane person who wasn't using it as a business write-off would buy one.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:29 pm

halabar wrote:
Shoju wrote:

It's just an ugly tat, as most of them are.

Read the fine print on those PSLs.. I can't see how any sane person who wasn't using it as a business write-off would buy one.

They are jets fans...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:30 pm

halabar wrote:RGIII needs the doc that worked on AP.

You mean, dr andrews? They guy that was actually on the field and had not cleared him to get back into the field in week 14?
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:44 pm

I love RGIII's style of play. I enjoy watching him, and Wilson, and Colin K, and the guys who are a dual threat so much.

But man... This is brutal. I'm actually afraid to hear the results of the MRI. that knee... Well... that's not supposed to bend that way.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:50 pm

It took like 15 years but the Redskins finally got a covered practice field. Now hopefully it wont take another decade to get good turf at the stadium.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Koatanga » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Another angle

XT-002 Deconstructor wrote:I guess it doesn't bend that way.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:33 pm

Flex wrote:It took like 15 years but the Redskins finally got a covered practice field. Now hopefully it wont take another decade to get good turf at the stadium.

Frankly... if Goodell really cares about player safety, he should penalize owners who have terrible field conditions...

I mean, even Garcon was complaining about his home field... as early as november

And Pete Carroll has filed a complaint regarding the field: http://www.nbcwashington.com/blogs/capi ... 15942.html

And complaints about Soldier field are nothing new as well
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:18 pm

---
Klaudandus

Postby Nakama » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:44 pm

Damn, I hope this weekend's games are better than last weekend's, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Texans @ Patriots - Somehow I see this as a repeat of the previous game, as the Texans looked like they were barely handling the Bengals. Hell, if that reciever could have held onto that end zone pass, they might have won. The Texans look even worse than they did the first time they played the Patriots.
Patriots 34, Texans 21.

Baltimore @ Denver - Denver is just so much more talented than Baltimore, from what I've seen. I don't expect Mr. Manning to get molested by their pass rush and I don't see them stopping the Denver defense either.
Broncos 24, Ravens 17.

Green Bay @ San Francisco - Aaron Rodgers has succeeded despite being sacked the most of any quarterback this year, so I don't see San Francisco's defense harassing him into making a lot of mistakes. Having Charles Woodson back is huge for the Packers too, making their defense a lot better.
Packers 27, 49ers 21

Seattle @ Atlanta - This looks like the trap game of the weekend, with Seattle coming in firing on all cylinders. Some people say momentum doesn't matter, but I think it's huge in this game. The Falcons, playing their starters the entire time, lost their last game to a Buccaneers team that had been on a 5 game losing streak. Atlanta has quietly been excellent this season, but I just have no faith in Matty Ice.
Seahawks 31, Falcons 17

Chime in with some predictions! I know y'all seem to know your stuff, so I could easily be missing something.
Nakama

Postby bldavis » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:13 pm

so following your predictions, we have the Packers vs Seahawks for the NFC and Pats vs Broncos

well i would be rooting for Pats vs Seahawks for Superbowl
mostly cause i am a seahawks fan, and pats fan due to my uncle playing HS ball with drew bledsoe (and i was born in Walla Walla, and live an hour from there so..)

honestly, i see the Packers vs the Pats
i love my hawks, but against the packers? it should be a good game, but i see the packers eeking out the win

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

PreviousNext

Return to General