Remove Advertisements

All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Flex » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:48 pm

28 is the season's MVP
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Koatanga » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:06 pm

So Wilson only tied Manning's record for TD passes by a rookie. That should pretty much close his chances for RotY.

Still, 30 TDs from a 3rd-round pick in his rookie season seems like a pretty good deal.

Edit: His 136.2 rating today gives him a quarterback rating of slightly over 100 for the year. Way to go Wilson!

Edit edit: Apparently that rating beats Rapistburger's rookie record, but RGIII can eclipse it with a good performance tonight.
Last edited by Koatanga on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:46 pm

Lol, I can't believe they still allow announcers to jinx kickers like that...well done Michaels.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:58 pm

Fridmarr wrote:Lol, I can't believe they still allow announcers to jinx kickers like that...well done Michaels.

Also, Romoception x2 and its just the 1st quarter.

He's already 0.333 in the Delhomme scale.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:29 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:Lol, I can't believe they still allow announcers to jinx kickers like that...well done Michaels.

Also, Romoception x2 and its just the 1st quarter.

He's already 0.333 in the Delhomme scale.

However, the Redskins couldn't convert them... and now it's 7-7
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:29 pm

And the boys season ends with a whimper.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:55 am

Week 17!

- The Mile High Ponies in the playoffs, as a #1 seed to boot! And that catch by Thomas? WOW. All thanks to the Colts, to boot. I almost feel bad for the Chiefs, nothing went their way this year...
- Talking bout the colts, Luck had a really great game... but also, wtf happened to the Texans? The colts are going into the playoffs hot, the texans? not so much.
- The Pats... well, it was the Dolphins...
- The Ravens/Bungles was pretty inconsequential, and the Ravens played as such. Glad the Bengals actually decided to show up tho.
- Norv should be getting the boot; not sure what to think about the Raiders, 'cept they're the Raiders.
- Chan Gailey will likely be fired... they're stuck with Beardpatrick to boot. Surprised Sanchez did not have more turnovers.
- Henne looked good early in the game, then collapsed. Murlarkey and Munchak were playing for their jobs, makes me wonder if the Titans played well enough to save Munchak -- also, Tebowtime in Jax? I'd like to see that for the LULZ, at least he's an improvement over Gabbert.
- The Browns went into Pittsburgh without a qb, and left without a qb. Big Ben never really came back from his midseason injury.

- Bucs and Falcons, I still aint convinced by the Falcons... but Bucs have a great RB in Martin.
- I think the Saints have the worst defense in the league, not sure how Payton will fix that, maybe offer incentives for tackles? *snerk* -- I'd not mind a bounty to the one who bruises Newton's oversized ego.
- DA Bears... Not really Lovie Smith's fault the team is very inconsistent, specially cutler, but they played worse when he wasnt there, so... That said, Lions, I am disappoint.
- Reid getting officially fired today. Giants played good... too little too late.
- The 49rs coulda have done more against the Cardilulz... the first team to lose 11 out of their last 12 games after starting 4-0
- Rams have shown a lot of improvement vis a vis previous years. Wilson did enough to win the game for the Seahawks.
- Vikes vs Packers... Not the best Packers game, but smart move by Jordy Nelson picking up the Red Flag... that said, the NFL needs more consistency considering they allowed the Packers to benefit from the challenge result whereas they did not give that benefit to the Lions.
- Well, tip of the hat to RGIII... I pretty much concede ROTY to him. Also, it pretty much cements Romo's reputation as coming short on the big games. I'd honestly start looking for a new QB if I were Dallas, cuz they sure ain't getting a SB ring with Romo and Orton in their roster.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:34 am

The Steelers need to figure out how to keep their players healthy. Every time you turn around someone is limping off the field or out for a couple of games. As a fan of that team for over 20 years I cannot understand how this team manages to win games with literally half of the team is sitting on the bench not even dressed to play. I mean obviously it's a physical game but god damn.
Teranoid

Postby twinkfist » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:39 am

reid finally fired. thank god. now they need to get rid of howie roseman and most of the mercenaries he signed two years ago that have no heart.

while they are at it...get rid of the two wideouts who think they are the shit and are average.

if they hire chip kelly or gruden i'll drive up to lincoln financial field and punch lurie in the mouth.
twinkfist

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:56 am

Well... Chip Kelly would be interesting, regardless of whichever team he goes to, but I think he would be pretty good in Cleveland for some odd reason... I want more of his crazy 4th down offense!

Also, there's some bad blood between Lurie and Gruden, if I recall correctly -- that would be the equivalent of Jerry Jones hiring Jimmy Johnson again.

So far...
Eagles: Reid
Bears: Lovie Smith
Buffalo: Gailey
Jets: Tannebaum, no Ryan tho =(
Chiefs: Crennel
Browns: Shurmur and GM Heckert
Jags: GM Smith
---
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:03 am

Klaudandus wrote: I'd not mind a bounty to the one who bruises Newton's oversized ego.

I wonder if the Cam ads are playing well in their intended demographics.. because they are certainly doing well at annoying an over-40 white male... His ego is getting larger and larger, but that plays well in certain audiences.

halabar

Postby Teranoid » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:06 am

Turner gone
AJ Smith gone
Cowboys and Giants not in the playoffs

Holy shit its like Christmas came twice this month.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:15 am

A bit surprised that Lovie Smith was fired instead of the GM, who couldn't draft a good o-linesman to save his soul.

halabar

Postby Teranoid » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:15 am

Yeah I was just reading a post where people were blaming Cutler forgetting that he spent half this season running for his life.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:16 am

Teranoid wrote:Turner gone
AJ Smith gone
Cowboys and Giants not in the playoffs

Holy shit its like Christmas came twice this month.

I would be much happier if no teams from the NFC East was in the playoffs, but someone has to go -- I hate the NFC East as a whole.
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General