All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:23 am

Well, Flacco is highly inconsistent -- and I give the Ravens D a pass having lost Suggs and Lewis for most of the season.

Hey Shoju, do you have Josh Freeman's numbers? His Int rate seems quite bad. Have you worked on Vicks as well?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Freeman is an enigma. He should be a better QB really.
22.58 Snaps Per TD. That's not a "terrible" number. It's not "Elite" but it's not Weeden's 39+ either.
36.69 Snaps per INT. That's 10th highest for Qb's with more than 100 Meaningful Snaps. That's... not good.
58.7 Snaps per Fumble. That's.... Meh. It's not Manning or Brady (both over 100 snaps per fumble), but it's not Michael Vick's 15.57 either.
22.58 Snaps per Sack. That's the 8th best "upright" number in the league.
6.51 YPS. That's... REALLY good. It's better Matt Schaub-esque. in quality
.09 NPS - Is actually pretty mediocre.

It's befuddling really. That past two games have been brutal on him, and he does have 16 INT's and 10 Fumbles, but he is above the league average in Snaps. Rivers, Bradford, Weeden, E Manning, Schaub, Ponder, RGIII, and Russell Wilson all have less Snaps this season than Freeman, which can sort of mask how rough his stats look.

For Vick,
33.33 Snaps Per TD That's bad.
44.44 Snaps per INT. That's not terrible, but still not great
40 Snaps Per Fumble. That's not good, bordering on Terrible.
14.81 Snaps per Sack. That's AWFUL
5.81 Yards Per Sack. That's middling. Definitely not the "great" numbers of Manning (Who is up to 7.06 now)
He also has a dreadful .12 NPS The only QB that has started all season that is sporting a higher NPS is Phillip Rivers at .13. That's just not a good number.

EDIT:
And so you know, I have worked out the Numbers through this week for every single Qb who has taken a snap this season. including the likes of Ryan mallet, Kellen Clemens, Tyler Thigpen, Tyrod Taylor, and more. There is even a backup QB who had such a poor performance, he has a NEGATIVE YPS.... OI>
Shoju

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:26 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Well, Flacco is highly inconsistent -- and I give the Ravens D a pass having lost Suggs and Lewis for most of the season.

They lost multiple starting secondary players as well, their defense has been a mess I'm amazed they got 10 wins this season.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:41 pm

Injury roundup

* Vick back as the Eagles starter after Foles breaks hand
* Manningham done with a torn ACL and PCL
* Palmer done for season.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:19 pm

To be fair Carson Palmer was done years ago.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Teranoid wrote:To be fair Carson Palmer was done years ago.

Someone forgot to tell the Raiders though
---
Klaudandus

Postby Koatanga » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:53 am

Shoju wrote:Pete Carroll is going to coach himself into getting his players hurt with the running up the score thing.

Most of the fourth quarter we had our special teams guys out there playing defense. Receivers were subbed out, Turbin was playing running back. Wilson... well, to hurt Wilson you first have to tackle him, which didn't seem on the cards for the 49ers. Besides, the kid is chasing the record for TD passes by a rookie.

I don't think they are any more in danger when up 35-6 than when the score is 35-35. Perhaps even less danger, because maybe the opposing defense has given up and isn't being as aggressive.

And I am really over the whole "running up the score" thing. In Rugby, there's none of this hurt feelings crap about the score. You go out and whip the opponent as hard as you can, and if you end up 127-0, then so be it. They are grown men; they'll get over it. If you want to stop someone from scoring 127 on you, then you defend your line. If you're not capable of stopping them from scoring, then you get scored upon.

I don't see why the big macho men of the NFL turn all namby-pamby when the score blows out.

The NFL dictates that games go for the entire 60 minutes, regardless of the score. If the opposition can't or won't stop you, you don't have to start taking a knee in the 3rd quarter.

Guys' careers depend on the stats they get. Wilson has a shot at Manning's record for TDs as a rookie. He'd already have it if he hadn't been pulled for the past 3 games. That could make a difference in the Rookie of the Year voting, and he'll never have another rookie season. Our receivers get fewer catches, which could have salary impacts for them.

What people call "running up the score" I call "playing football". I reckon the teams should just play. People get pissed at Carroll for running it up, when they should be praising him for composing a game plan that allowed him to destroy the opposition to that extent.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:13 am

About the only people who complain about running up the score in the NFL are the fans.

That said, he should have pulled Wilson. I doubt Wilson will get rookie of the year, given RGIII's stats and popularity. Player stats should not matter at all for a coach, that's a nasty pandora's box. Also, the Seahawks have what seems to be a very good backup and getting him some reps has benefit too.

Injury chance might not go up at a given score, but there's a chance for injury on any play, so with more plays there's more chance.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:32 am

Fuck RGIII and his ROTY... Luck and Wilson are more deserving
---
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:00 am

Koatanga wrote:
Shoju wrote:Pete Carroll is going to coach himself into getting his players hurt with the running up the score thing.

And I am really over the whole "running up the score" thing. In Rugby, there's none of this hurt feelings crap about the score. You go out and whip the opponent as hard as you can, and if you end up 127-0, then so be it. They are grown men; they'll get over it. If you want to stop someone from scoring 127 on you, then you defend your line. If you're not capable of stopping them from scoring, then you get scored upon.

Everyone seems to forget that this was also Carroll against the Chin. Hell ya he should run up the score in that case. I was dissappointed that they didn't show the post-game coaches' handshake, to see if the Chin came back with "What's your deal..."
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Teranoid » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:02 pm

Awesome.. first the retarded signing of Liriano and now they trade Hanrahan to the Sox for a bunch of useless players.

Here's to losing season #21! Fuck this team.
Teranoid

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:11 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Fuck RGIII and his ROTY... Luck and Wilson are more deserving

You might could make that argument for Luck, given how bad the Colts were last year. That's a much tougher sell with Wilson I think, given that the team was otherwise expected to be pretty darn good.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:20 pm

They crushed the #1 defense tho... I think before that game they were allowing an average of 16 pts per game. And Wilson is more deserving than RGIII even if they expected the Seachickens to be a relatively good team
---
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:49 pm

Teranoid wrote:Awesome.. first the retarded signing of Liriano and now they trade Hanrahan to the Sox for a bunch of useless players.

Here's to losing season #21! Fuck this team.

Was he arbitration eligible? What other reason did they have to make this deal?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:52 pm

Klaudandus wrote:They crushed the #1 defense tho... I think before that game they were allowing an average of 16 pts per game. And Wilson is more deserving than RGIII even if they expected the Seachickens to be a relatively good team

Based on what exactly?
Fridmarr
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General