Remove Advertisements

All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Koatanga » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:33 pm

Even though my Seahawks lost, Russell Wilson, AKA RG-lite, became the first rookie in NFL history to have a 125+ QB rating in 3 consecutive games.

Or maybe he's RG-mini-me...
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Shoju » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Flex wrote:Man, the Ravens can't play well on the road until the playoffs start.

This is the type of QB that will succeed in the league. The days of Manning/BRady/Wheelchair type QB's who are limited in their mobility is coming to an end in the league. (That last sentence is just personal opinion).

He's on pace to have the best rookie QB year ever. He's always stated that he's a passing QB first and runner second. With his athletic freakness and ability to run combined with the amazing rookie year Alfred Morris is having they can freeze linebackers and safeties like no other team in the league on the play action.

I'm indifferent towards the Redskins being a Ravens fan. I like it when they lose because DC radio is better, but I don't mind RG3 being an amazing player and making the team better. If they could somehow fix that defense they could be a force for a decade.

On the "radio is better" quip, I almost think that the Sports Radio that isn't ESPN around here is better when the Browns lose. I can't believe how many stupid pills the radio jocks took this morning.

This is the beginning of a "great" thing in Cleveland you know, 8-8 is a REAL possibility. They took a "Playoff Caliber" Steelers team and pounded them into submission. I must not have been watching the same game. I saw a Cleveland Team that forced good fumbles, and a couple of good interceptions (the Billy Winn INT was a great play, but that's not going to happen all the time) by a 3rd string QB, and a beat up O Line, and still almost gave the game away. T.J. Ford's Helmet (not the player, his helmet) saved 6 points, and the Browns Playcalling to run the clock was abysmal. Yes. lets run 3 straight up the gut. That will surely get the first, and keep us on the field. 3rd and 19, what do you do? RUN THE DRAW MAN! Ugh. Don't get me wrong, it felt good to beat the Steelers, but this game does't go the same way with #7 behind center. We need more discipline, we need better Offensive production.

I almost feel like when McCoy came in after Weeden got hit, they were afraid to let him throw, and see that he might actually do something.

Good win. It felt good to be Pitt, but I'm not ready to say 8-8 here we come. this is a 4-12 / 5-11 season again. We have

@Oakland - tough to call. Before this week, I would have said Oakland by 14. Now? maybe the browns can eek one out here.
Home to Chiefs - Gonna go out on a limb and say Browns by 7
Home to Redskins - Skins by ~9
@Denver: Peyton is 5-0 against browns. Don't see that changing. Broncos by 9
@Pittsburgh: No Way the Steelers lose 2 to Cleveland in a season.

Man... I just don't see where people think they are an 8-8 team.
Shoju

Postby twinkfist » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:12 pm

everyone excited for the eagles and panthers game tonight? didn't think so.

my girlfriend was going to buy me tickets but no one would go...and the extra ticket would be free. people are giving away tickets right now. she's a steelers fan and thinks eagles fans are trash. she's right, but the fans make me laugh.

i'm honestly hoping that Foles shows something more than what happened in Washington. That game was ugly...but the offensive line is pure dogshit.
twinkfist

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:16 pm

twinkfist wrote:everyone excited for the eagles and panthers game tonight? didn't think so.

my girlfriend was going to buy me tickets but no one would go...and the extra ticket would be free. people are giving away tickets right now. she's a steelers fan and thinks eagles fans are trash. she's right, but the fans make me laugh.

i'm honestly hoping that Foles shows something more than what happened in Washington. That game was ugly...but the offensive line is pure dogshit.

Don't care too much for the either team, but I need the Eagles TE to do well for my Fantasy team. :?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby twinkfist » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:40 pm

celek has gone down really fast. don't know if it's injuries or if he is like the rest of the team and has quit already.

to be honest, i don't expect much from celek tonight.
twinkfist

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Fireman Ed is a cockmunch who should D-I-E Die! Die! Die!
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:06 pm

Well.... Andy Reid is gonna get fired
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:38 pm

twinkfist wrote:celek has gone down really fast. don't know if it's injuries or if he is like the rest of the team and has quit already.

to be honest, i don't expect much from celek tonight.

yea, but my only other option is the Tenn TE and he's been worse than Celek at times.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:47 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Well.... Andy Reid is gonna get fired

I didn't get to see the game, but heard the first two possessions or so on the radio, and it sounded terrible. I feel bad for Reid, but he's likely to catch on elsewhere and have another run if he's interested.

Koatanga wrote:Even though my Seahawks lost, Russell Wilson, AKA RG-lite, became the first rookie in NFL history to have a 125+ QB rating in 3 consecutive games.

Or maybe he's RG-mini-me...

I tell you, there was a lot of gnashing of teeth this morning in Seattle. They had UW giving up a big lead in the Apple Cup, then getting hammered by Colorado State in Basketball.
Seattle losing on Sunday seemed like the bottom and then came the news of the suspensions of their two best corners (arguably the best combo in the league). Sounds like they'll be able to play Sunday, but if they end up each missing the 4 following weeks, Sunday becomes a pretty difficult must win I think.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Well.... Andy Reid is gonna get fired

I didn't get to see the game, but heard the first two possessions or so on the radio, and it sounded terrible. I feel bad for Reid, but he's likely to catch on elsewhere and have another run if he's interested.

It was bad! But part of it was the defense -- and the crap O-line they have.

The 2nd touchdown was a TD Dragon to one of the Panthers' receivers (I dont think it was Smith) and he was completely alone... like they forgot he was there to begin with and no one covered him.
---
Klaudandus

Postby twinkfist » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:11 am

i thought the o-line actually played well last night.

the defense was awful. that secondary is historically bad. some of the news reporters were tweeting how bad they are against the pass.

like, worst in nfl history bad.

just an awful game. rookie runningback sets the team record for yards...has two terrible fumbles and then after the game is only happy about what he showed. dick.

watching the after game player interviews i wanted to punch almost every one of those players in the face. Vinny Curry was the only guy that looked like he gave a sh!t.
twinkfist

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:16 am

I dunno, I saw Foles getting hit because he o-line couldn't stop a wheelchair bound grandma -- although not as bad as the Bears O-line normally is.

That said, they're asking for Reid's head publicly
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/201 ... ?sdfsdfsdf

I still don't get the fascination with Jon Gruden....

Also, gotta love the disarray in the Cowboy Nation
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc- ... -redskins/
---
Klaudandus

Postby twinkfist » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:15 am

trust me...as bad as the o-line has been all year...last night was a major improvement for them. 1 sack and they could actually run the ball. they haven't been able to run that well almost all year.

Foles got hit...but watching the after game analysis on the local sports station they showed Foles holding onto the ball too long. He could have had a touchdown pass or two on the two field goals but he held onto the ball too long.

i feel bad for reid as a person because of his son. i don't feel bad for him in football terms. he's an arrogant dick. i've watched this shit for 14 years and it's the same thing. when they were winning he would do something to f it up. 4th and 6 inches with a 6'6" qb...i have an idea...let's not run a qb sneak. wtf?

or...wait till your starting running back goes down with a concussion to then decide to try and run the ball more often.

plus, he picked most of these players.
twinkfist

Postby Koatanga » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:31 pm

Fridmarr wrote:I tell you, there was a lot of gnashing of teeth this morning in Seattle. They had UW giving up a big lead in the Apple Cup, then getting hammered by Colorado State in Basketball.
Seattle losing on Sunday seemed like the bottom and then came the news of the suspensions of their two best corners (arguably the best combo in the league). Sounds like they'll be able to play Sunday, but if they end up each missing the 4 following weeks, Sunday becomes a pretty difficult must win I think.

If I lived in Seattle I would be one of them. Instead, I am gnashing my teeth here in Auckland. The Miami game was a free win that we failed to take advantage of. While this Sunday vs the Bears was a mandatory game anyway, having the extra game cushion from Miami would have been and would have kept us in the running for the division. Now we have conceded the division and absolutely must win in Chicago in order to make the playoffs.

If Browner and Sherman are suspended, that will be a massive blow. We don't have other guys capable of playing the press coverage like they do, which gives our DL less time to apply pressure, which lets QBs pick us apart. We don't have the offensive capability to go toe-to-toe in a shootout, so we'd be toast.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:15 pm

A quote I read on Norv Turner
"Norv Turner couldn't motivate zombies to eat brains let alone a football team."
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General