Remove Advertisements

All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Nakama » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:33 pm

Shoju wrote:They might be able to get him back tomorrow.

God, I hope so. There are far too many people on the Pats forums that want him around "just because". He's shown he can't do anything but run, so make him a running back, for the love of mike. Then I'd at least see a purpose for keeping him around, maybe.

--Jed
Nakama

Postby Koatanga » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Nakama wrote:
Shoju wrote:They might be able to get him back tomorrow.

God, I hope so. There are far too many people on the Pats forums that want him around "just because". He's shown he can't do anything but run, so make him a running back, for the love of mike. Then I'd at least see a purpose for keeping him around, maybe.

--Jed

Tebow gives their defense someone to practice read-option against. It's not like Brady or Mallet have any clue in that scheme, so they can't even pretend to do it in practice.

Of course, that's only a smart move when you figure to go against Geno Smith in two games out of the first 7. If you don't need to game-plan Smith because he sucks balls, then Tebow becomes redundant.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Fetzie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Some amazing score-lines in the League Cup tonight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23854166
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Flex » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:35 am

I find the argument, used by both players and pundits, that football players "know what they signed up for" regarding concussions completely pointless. Do you think a teenager playing highschool football or a parent signing their kid up for peewee football is particularly aware of the potential CTE, depression, loss of motor skills, potential inability to dress themselves. It feels liek a company line to push off dealing with it until later. Also toss in the fact that it appears that the NFL has been actively downplaying the risk from concussions for decades until very recently and you doubt anyone has made an informed decision.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Jabari » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:50 am

Shoju's the Cleveland guy here, right?

Not sure why the Indians want all of the DBacks awful horrible hitters. You just picked up Kubel, who's only had the worst season EVER for a DBacks hitter (by fWAR). Ever.

Add that to MarKKKKKK Reynolds (of the 33% K%). Any other awful batters you want from us?

Or maybe we can pawn off some awful bullpen arms instead. AZ certainly has plenty of those to go around. *sigh*

Sports Amusement: Everyone in Phoenix actually hopeful for the Cardinals this year. I'll be amazed if they win 6. The D looked awful in preseason, and losing Cooper was crushing. :(
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Teranoid » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:42 am

The NL Central will likely have 3 teams going to the playoffs due to the rest of the NL being an absolute trainwreck plagued with shitty teams.

It's almost like the Bucs are going to go by default barring some catastrophic collapse.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:03 am

i remember when it was the other way around
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:13 am

Grats to the Pirates for their first winning season in 21 years =P
http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore? ... ee-brewers
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:32 am

Jabari wrote:Shoju's the Cleveland guy here, right?

Not sure why the Indians want all of the DBacks awful horrible hitters. You just picked up Kubel, who's only had the worst season EVER for a DBacks hitter (by fWAR). Ever.

Add that to MarKKKKKK Reynolds (of the 33% K%). Any other awful batters you want from us?

Or maybe we can pawn off some awful bullpen arms instead. AZ certainly has plenty of those to go around. *sigh*

Sports Amusement: Everyone in Phoenix actually hopeful for the Cardinals this year. I'll be amazed if they win 6. The D looked awful in preseason, and losing Cooper was crushing. :(

I'm not understanding the Kubel move either. I was not excited about Reynolds when we first got him, and then I warmed up to him over the first couple months of the season. I still like him, He's a great guy, gave great interviews, and was always just trying hard. The problem is, he failed a lot. He had the "attitude" of players you want in cleveland. Down to earth, not full of themselves, love the idea of playing in a city that is trying to make a comeback (not just on the field).

He just... fell apart along the way.

I wouldn't mind a new closer. I can't stand Perez. Got someone who can not talk a bunch of crap while throwing mediocre fastballs?
Shoju

Postby Teranoid » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:21 pm

Teranoid wrote:The NL Central will likely have 3 teams going to the playoffs due to the rest of the NL being an absolute trainwreck plagued with shitty teams.

It's almost like the Bucs are going to go by default barring some catastrophic collapse.

Yeah like I said..

catastrophic collapse.

Fuck this team. I don't know whether to be more upset at how pathetic the Pirates have played in this series and how they've went from division leader to potentially not even getting a winning season or the fact that David DeCastro is a fucking idiot who decided flinging himself towards Maurkice Pouncey's ACL was a good idea.

I don't even know why I watch sports anymore.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:21 pm

its like as if they don't want to end the season over 0.500
---
Klaudandus

Postby Koatanga » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:51 pm

On the good side, the Browns only allowed 20 yards on 23 rushing attempts by Miami. On the bad side, 3 interceptions and 1/14 third down conversions just doesn't get it done. The hunt for a Browns QB continues.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:48 pm

That was a rough week for the once very tough AFC North...
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:05 pm

Fridmarr wrote:That was a rough week for the once very tough AFC North...

On the plus side, they're all tied for first still.
---
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:55 am

Managed to get a first-round-bye on my fantasy BB league, due to a heroic effort, and a heroic thumping of the previous second place team by the first place team.. :D

I have no delusions of winning it all, but it was nice to be #2 going into the playoffs.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General