Remove Advertisements

Proxy-queuing is (now) a bannable offense.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Proxy-queuing is (now) a bannable offense.

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:42 am

Nikachelle wrote:I wonder how low a dpser's dps has to be to be considered "not doing their job".

If you are below the tank and/or healer... and they aren't in a full-on dps set (hit/exp/etc.) then you're probably Doing-It-Wrong™.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby djlar » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:44 am

They should also account for gems and enchants, I often seen tanks barely making the i346 for ZA/ZG, with absolutely no gemmed or enchanted gear, 2 DPS trinkets, etc..

Like even green quality gems are expensive at all, heck most yellow rares are 15g or less, enchants that go for 10-20g.

Just last night I entered a ZA as a healer, tank was so badly geared and no gems/enchants at all, I was pulling 16-19K HPS and could barely keep him alive, he couldn't survive the medicine man packs. I just left the instance after a wipe..
djlar

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:44 am

Skye1013 wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I wonder how low a dpser's dps has to be to be considered "not doing their job".

If you are below the tank and/or healer... and they aren't in a full-on dps set (hit/exp/etc.) then you're probably Doing-It-Wrong™.

Yes I get that, but at some point a GM has to make a call on their dps being unacceptable given their gear. And for that, I'd kind of want a hard and fast rule. Is 10k too low? 9k? 8k?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:50 am

Remember the point of this is the deliberate queue jumping, not just punishing people who can't perform.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:51 am

Would be nice if they put out tables of expected dps/class by ilvl...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:54 am

To be honest I didn't realise that this behaviour was all that common. I've never seen someone who queued as a tank or healer but didn't intend to do it in one of my runs, the closest I've gotten to this is the healer who got into ZA with 80k mana in greens (who was still trying to heal, not just jumping the queue).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Cema » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:57 am

The more time goes by, the more this random dungeon system is getting ridiculous.
Cema

Postby djlar » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:01 am

Other suggestions are making PvP gear not count towards iLevel, making gems and enchants count towards ilevel, for example a i346 chest piece, with two empty gems slots and no enchant will be i333 until the slots are filled up and an enchant is present, or something like that
djlar

Postby Shoju » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:03 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Remember the point of this is the deliberate queue jumping, not just punishing people who can't perform.

They also mentioned padding their ilvl with gear that isn't acceptable for the job. a full set of pvp gear is not acceptable for a pve job.
Shoju

Postby Fetzie » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:05 am

Anything below 10k with 2-3 stacks or luck of the draw at level 85 in blues is slacking in my books, anything below 15k in epics with LotD is slacking too. Anybody with 372+ ilvl should be pulling 20-25k single target. I am considerably more lenient in non-heroics.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Winkle » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:10 am

KysenMurrin wrote:If you zone in in 13 pieces of tank gear and 3 pvp, willingly start tanking the place, and don't fail because of it, who's going to report you?

Indeed, i've tanked BoT and BWD as a druid tank in full 371 pvp gear bar a hit and an expertise trinket(the 2 eyes of raj).

There is simply no way the reason any group fails is at all related to PvP gear.
Winkle

Postby Winkle » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:16 am

Skye1013 wrote:

Lol expect a lot of unhappy DPS, currently clocking in at around 16-18k DPS in ZA pugs in my expertise/hit cap set. Not much point running them in a full survival set, things take longer to die then.
Winkle

Postby Jeremoot » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:21 am

Winkle wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:

Lol expect a lot of unhappy DPS, currently clocking in at around 16-18k DPS in ZA pugs in my expertise/hit cap set. Not much point running them in a full survival set, things take longer to die then.

Yeah, in 378 gear with Heart of Rage on I've broken 30k on some 5-mob pulls. Usually around 12-15k on bosses.
Jeremoot

Postby halabar » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:37 am

It's a step in the right direction, we'll see how well it's enforced. I've seen the role switchers already, and it's annoying.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Aanar » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:39 am

Hmm this sounds a bit too subjective. You could have a character will all role-appropriate gear that just makes the minimum ilvl that even plays decently come under the ire of puggers.

I didn't really know the best way to break into tanking on my healer/tank alts, so I'd just jump in and do the best I could. If it wasn't going well I'd usually just leave. But a few times one of the dps left, and I'd just switch to dps to get the instance done. I kind of thought I was doing the group a favor by stepping aside rather than keep failing at something.

Sounds like that might be a no-no now. But if they don't want you to do this, they should just disable changing the role checkboxes mid-instance. Actually, just changing this sounds like it would fix a lot of the reported issues. What reason is there to let you change roles anway? Everyone knows if the tank box is checked, your're going to get assigned that 99.99% of the time, if healer is checked you'll get that over dps 99.99% of the time too. Maybe they should just simplify it to let you only pick one role and you're stuck with it until the end of the inst.

It's been long overdue, but I think with LFR around the corner, they really need to take the time to flag all gear drops with which specs can roll need on it. They kind of went half-arsed with DKs not rolling on int gear for example. With the gear flagged, they then would have the base laid to be able to calculate your ilvl for each spec. It would then be all set up to be able give a hunter priority over a resto shaman with enhance offspec on agi mail for example.
Aanar

PreviousNext

Return to General