Remove Advertisements

Brewfest 2011

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Brewfest 2011

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:58 am

Just reinstate the visual of "badges" so you can loot them.... problem solved.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Bunni » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:18 am

Amshel wrote:I don't think you appreciate that no loot is an acceptable option.

It is absolutely an acceptable option to me, IF the loot bag wasn't 100%. I did say an alternative would be just remove the always getting a bag part of the daily kill. The empty bag is more of an annoyance in my opinion than the lack of loot. We probably at least agree that it's a bit of a non-issue anyway, just a trivial quality of game life thing.
Keeping the gaming world safe for old folks. www.theoldergamers.com
Bunni

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:57 am

"There is no loot" seriously bothers people that much? I barely even notice that pop up on my screen... and in fact I HADN'T noticed it until someone pointed it out on this forum. /shrug
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Mannstein » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:00 am

Nikachelle wrote:"There is no loot" seriously bothers people that much? I barely even notice that pop up on my screen... and in fact I HADN'T noticed it until someone pointed it out on this forum. /shrug

Yes, very much...
Everytime i get a "There is no loot", my game freezes and i can't loot nothing at all until i log off/ log in...
What is the issue?
I.e. I run thru that caverns of time lvl70hc to get the drops of the second boss... and guess what? Couldn't loot because had that bug.... :S
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:11 am

Mannstein wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:"There is no loot" seriously bothers people that much? I barely even notice that pop up on my screen... and in fact I HADN'T noticed it until someone pointed it out on this forum. /shrug

Yes, very much...
Everytime i get a "There is no loot", my game freezes and i can't loot nothing at all until i log off/ log in...
What is the issue?
I.e. I run thru that caverns of time lvl70hc to get the drops of the second boss... and guess what? Couldn't loot because had that bug.... :S

Okay now that's just fucked up. Have you logged a complaint about it?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Malthrax » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:37 am

7/7, going for 8/8 tonight; wish me luck!
Malthrax

Postby Esilence » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:00 am

Mannstein wrote:

Yes, very much...
What is the issue?

I got that yesterday but didn't think much of it. I hadn't attributed it to the bag but after reading this it was the last thing I looted previously. Thankfully it has only happened once.
Eteyin - Resto Shaman
Esilence - Prot Pally
EU-Wildhammer
Esilence

Postby halabar » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:11 am

Mannstein wrote:

Yes, very much...
What is the issue?

I think they hotfixed something last night, because along with the "no loot" I was getting JP and brewfest tokens in each, so something was in the barrel each time now.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Mukat » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:16 am

If you make a fresh start on Brewfest this year, how many total tokens can you get by doing every daily every day and every quest (excluding when quests reset), and killing coren every day? Is that number enough to get a hat, chest, and shoes, along with the elekk pet, the goggles, the pony keg, and the keg pony? Well, how about before the bags started giving 10-20 tokens each? I know they added it in halfway through, but it could still make the difference for someone trying to get the fun stuff AND doing the achievements for the meta. When I saw a new item, one that was visually distinctive (keg pony) I actually worked at the tokens to get them. I was a little disappointed with the pony since it wasn't much of a MLP reference that I was expecting it to be, but having what's essentially a walking pony keg following me is fun. I appreciate any effort to token aquirement for whatever holiday that allows you to finish the meta in one year as well as get the fun stuff too.
Mukat

Postby djlar » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:40 am

Ran it yesterday with 5 toons
- Dagger (for a hunter)
- Tankard (at 249g now)
- JPs
- Brewfest tokens
- Brewfest tokens

Yeah it seems they eliminated the "no loot" for some tokens
djlar

Postby degre » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:31 am

Mukat wrote:If you make a fresh start on Brewfest this year, how many total tokens can you get by doing every daily every day and every quest (excluding when quests reset), and killing coren every day? Is that number enough to get a hat, chest, and shoes, along with the elekk pet, the goggles, the pony keg, and the keg pony? Well, how about before the bags started giving 10-20 tokens each? I know they added it in halfway through, but it could still make the difference for someone trying to get the fun stuff AND doing the achievements for the meta. When I saw a new item, one that was visually distinctive (keg pony) I actually worked at the tokens to get them. I was a little disappointed with the pony since it wasn't much of a MLP reference that I was expecting it to be, but having what's essentially a walking pony keg following me is fun. I appreciate any effort to token aquirement for whatever holiday that allows you to finish the meta in one year as well as get the fun stuff too.

I seriously doubt you can buy everything, but surely you can get enough just for the achievements, which would mean 350 tokens for the set to get drunk with, which you will buy all at one time, get smashed in Dalaran and sell back before the 2 hours are over for a full refund to spend 200 tokens on the BOTM club.
If you want to keep the Brewfest set raise the bar to 550 plus 2 (or5?) for the hops to change your mount in case you don't drop it.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Nothan » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:35 am

Skye1013 wrote:
Nothan wrote:Oh, to be honest, I have no interest in the mounts, it's just that I despise leveling through quests, but my ilevel is too low for GB/Lost City/HoO and I'm always getting VP/Stonecore and luck seems to be on my side for drakes from Stonecore. I've seen it a total of 3 times now, 2 of 3 which I've won :P

Tell me that's on two different characters... cause if not, that's kind of douchy to roll on something you already have (especially something that rare.)

lol it's on two different toons =p One is on my DK and the other is my rogue. I don't think the game lets you roll on a 2nd mount as they are unique anyway.
Nothan

Postby Mannstein » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:48 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Mannstein wrote:

Yes, very much...
What is the issue?

Okay now that's just fucked up. Have you logged a complaint about it?

Yup, and got my loot back, some goodam cloth legs that dropped 10times allready... i want the last piece of the purple judgment... :(
First time i noticed was because i couldn't DE after every run... :S
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Amirya » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:12 am

Currently sitting on 7 tankards so far...
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:19 am

You should send a couple to Shazta... I'll eventually want to try out enhance, and having some decent weapons to start with when I hit 85 wouldn't hurt :D.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General