Brewfest 2011

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Brewfest 2011

Postby Mukat » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:09 am

The first day of Brewfest, I did the pink elekk dispersion quest. The second day of brewfest I noticed all my quests were reset, so I got an easy keg pony with minimal dailies. Now just collecting mounts on alts.
Mukat

Postby Holyblaze » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:39 am

BAM! I was on my hunter going for the dps trinket and it droped the 1st time. Tank needed it right off and I was bout to say something when I clicked open my bag. haha got the Kodo mount & the Mug of UBER DESTRUCTION! Sweet justice I say! haha BAM!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Mukat » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:41 am

Holyblaze wrote:BAM! I was on my hunter going for the dps trinket and it droped the 1st time. Tank needed it right off and I was bout to say something when I clicked open my bag. haha got the Kodo mount & the Mug of UBER DESTRUCTION! Sweet justice I say! haha BAM!

Nice! BAM!
Mukat

Postby djlar » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:00 am

Yeah something buggy last night, I've done the "yellow" quests on Tuesday, even the Keg of Direbrew looted and turned in for 40 tokens.. and last night there it was again, the orc commoner had the yellow !, and re-did the quest, so that was another 10 or so tokens for doing nothing..
djlar

Postby Mannstein » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:31 am

Fix't for ya :D
Mukat wrote:GOGOGO! BAM!
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby cerwillis » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:36 am

I think it bears repeating how INCREDIBLY MORONIC it is that a dagger that is useful for 2 SPECS IN THE GAME is a once a day BoP drop.

And then I had to see Aly's Razor get sharded on my tank last night.../cry
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby firstamendme » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:12 am

Holyblaze wrote:BAM! I was on my hunter going for the dps trinket and it droped the 1st time.

I was considering going after that on my Hunter alt (in sig), but someone told me both of mine were better. Considering I've never set foot in a ZHeroic I found that sad. :(

Cbhips is using: http://www.wowhead.com/item=56394 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=70144. Sadness for this event.
firstamendme

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:54 am

cerwillis wrote:I think it bears repeating how INCREDIBLY MORONIC it is that a dagger that is useful for 2 SPECS IN THE GAME is a once a day BoP drop.

Because having a fun model flavor item that is tied to the history of the dungeon in which the holiday boss is in is oh so horrible.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby cerwillis » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:04 am

Flex wrote:
cerwillis wrote:I think it bears repeating how INCREDIBLY MORONIC it is that a dagger that is useful for 2 SPECS IN THE GAME is a once a day BoP drop.

Because having a fun model flavor item that is tied to the history of the dungeon in which the holiday boss is in is oh so horrible.

I'm not sure I get your point here. How is it "fun flavor" if the thing gets sharded or vendored by 99% of the people that get it?
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:10 am

cerwillis wrote:I'm not sure I get your point here. How is it "fun flavor" if the thing gets sharded or vendored by 99% of the people that get it?

Because it is a bonus flavor item that is tied to the history of BRD so complaining about it is lost on me.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby djlar » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:10 am

Yeah but the dagger should have been BoE or at least BoA, could use it to inflate my hunter's ilevel and that's it..
djlar

Postby cerwillis » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:30 am

Flex wrote:
cerwillis wrote:I'm not sure I get your point here. How is it "fun flavor" if the thing gets sharded or vendored by 99% of the people that get it?

Because it is a bonus flavor item that is tied to the history of BRD so complaining about it is lost on me.

Then why is the tankard BoE?
I suppose I'm complaining because 1. I have 353 daggers and, 2. Something that could potentially be useful is in fact, utterly useless. How many times when it drops will it go to a rogue? Out of that, how many will be assi/sub? Out of that, how many will have better already? They should have made the thing level 1 and been done with it.

Of course if we could get PK into Firelands more often, this might be a moot point...
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:39 am

firstamendme wrote:Cbhips is using: http://www.wowhead.com/item=56394 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=70144. Sadness for this event.

If you'd change the blue with the JP trinket, you'd have the best 2 trinkets available without raiding more or less:P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:12 am

cerwillis wrote:
Flex wrote:

Then why is the tankard BoE?

Because a 2.0 speed dagger is miles more important than yet another 2.6 speed mace?
Flex

Postby Mukat » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:37 am

Flex wrote:Because a 2.0 speed dagger is miles more important than yet another 2.6 speed mace?

Assassination and subtlety vs enhancement and combat. Two specs use each brewfest weapon. One uses tankard twice. Dagger should be BoE save for the fact that blacksmiths can make one of equal level, but can't make a mace, fist, or axe for enhancement.

I say just make slow daggers 2.6 instead of 1.8, and balance assassination and subtlety around that. Then make all rogue weapons daggers. Screw diversity. Better yet, balance rogues for slow offhands and remove fast offhands completely. Then you can have enhancement and all rogues share all weapons equally. This has been one of my biggest weapon headaches ever.
Mukat

PreviousNext

Return to General