Remove Advertisements

Brewfest 2011

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Brewfest 2011

Postby Chicken » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:45 am

degre wrote:
Mukat wrote:If you make a fresh start on Brewfest this year, how many total tokens can you get by doing every daily every day and every quest (excluding when quests reset), and killing coren every day? Is that number enough to get a hat, chest, and shoes, along with the elekk pet, the goggles, the pony keg, and the keg pony? Well, how about before the bags started giving 10-20 tokens each? I know they added it in halfway through, but it could still make the difference for someone trying to get the fun stuff AND doing the achievements for the meta. When I saw a new item, one that was visually distinctive (keg pony) I actually worked at the tokens to get them. I was a little disappointed with the pony since it wasn't much of a MLP reference that I was expecting it to be, but having what's essentially a walking pony keg following me is fun. I appreciate any effort to token aquirement for whatever holiday that allows you to finish the meta in one year as well as get the fun stuff too.

I seriously doubt you can buy everything, but surely you can get enough just for the achievements, which would mean 350 tokens for the set to get drunk with, which you will buy all at one time, get smashed in Dalaran and sell back before the 2 hours are over for a full refund to spend 200 tokens on the BOTM club.
If you want to keep the Brewfest set raise the bar to 550 plus 2 (or5?) for the hops to change your mount in case you don't drop it.
You don't even need that achievement for the brewmaster achievement any more. In fact Brewmaster now only requires 202 tokens, or 200 if you get lucky and have a mount drop from Coren. You just need the Wolpertinger, eating all the food/drink from the brewfest vendors, a Coren kill, successfully holding off a Dark Iron invasion, and either having a brewfest mount or having turned your mount into one using hops.

The rest of the Brewfest achievements are all just worth points and not needed for the title or the proto-drake.
Chicken

Postby djlar » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:02 am

4th shanker drops, 3rd tankard (at 200g now).. my hunter has 2 daggers for LOLz.. 2 i365 agility daggers are worse than ONE i353 agi staff.. math is failing there..
djlar

Postby halabar » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:08 am

djlar wrote:4th shanker drops, 3rd tankard (at 200g now).. my hunter has 2 daggers for LOLz.. 2 i365 agility daggers are worse than ONE i353 agi staff.. math is failing there..

Sadly that will always be the case now... :cry:
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby cerwillis » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:29 am

Somehow I got the dagger on my rogue. I take back all of my rants I think it's GREAT that its BoP...
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Mannstein » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:33 am

cerwillis wrote:Somehow I got the dagger on my rogue. I take back all of my rants I think it's GREAT that its BoP...

Yup, also droped for my main... it was great, i mean it would be if it wasn't a paladin... :P

Well it still was good for my Vendor spec.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:04 pm

I just got a Kodo, only loot I've seen so far. Which made me wonder how I'd ended up running this daily when I'd decided not to get into mounts, achievements, and all that stuff on the new account.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Malthrax » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:51 am

Two more days to go... nothing but tokens so far.
Malthrax

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:53 am

Malthrax wrote:Two more days to go... nothing but tokens so far.

You have the worst luck in the world.

I've done pretty well on the toons I wanted stuff for. Got the ram for my main, which I didn't have from previous years. Got the kodo for my dk, so she can SOMETHING other than that awful DK screaming mount. And got a few random mounts on other toons.

Tankards though... holy GOD. I can't even give them away. I've got 6 sitting in my bags that I'm holding off selling until after the event is over. The price of them is so low on the AH right now that it just isn't worth selling them.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Malthrax » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:35 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Malthrax wrote:Two more days to go... nothing but tokens so far.

You have the worst luck in the world.

Most likely payback for nabbing both the Matrix Destabilizer and Choker of the Vanquished Lord from my first Rags kill.
Malthrax

Postby Nothan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:02 am

Finally got a dagger on my rogue last week, which was the only thing I cared about. It's boosted my rogue dps a lot, which I'm quite happy with considering I don't really intend on doing any raiding on her seriously, so I wouldn't expect to see BiS daggers anytime soon, unless I offer some gold to my 10man to buy the daggers off H shannox/alysrazor =p

Also nabbed ram/kodo on some other toons.
Nothan

Previous

Return to General