Need a new game!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Need a new game!

Postby Shyrtandros » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:23 am

If you're looking for a new MMO to try I can recommend hopping onto City of Heroes / City of Villians.

It was my very first MMO and I've always been a fan of it still. The game has 100x more customization than most games whether it's your character, class build, spell effects and so forth.

I never expected to like COH/COV because it's set in a modern / hi-tech time but I still found it to be a really nice game.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:07 am

Shyrtandros wrote:If you're looking for a new MMO to try I can recommend hopping onto City of Heroes / City of Villians.

It was my very first MMO and I've always been a fan of it still. The game has 100x more customization than most games whether it's your character, class build, spell effects and so forth.

I never expected to like COH/COV because it's set in a modern / hi-tech time but I still found it to be a really nice game.

Is that shit f2p yet?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Shyrtandros » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:17 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Shyrtandros wrote:If you're looking for a new MMO to try I can recommend hopping onto City of Heroes / City of Villians.

Is that shit f2p yet?

No. They still charge just like other MMO's.

That's how you get your veteran rewards afterall!
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Invisusira » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:46 pm

Invisusira

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:49 pm

Thats just evil! :)
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Gerunna » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:42 pm

World of Tanks has been taking up what little spare time I've got these days, way more addictive than I thought it would be.
ImageImage
Gerunna

Postby Gracerath » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:13 pm

Shyrtandros wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

Is that shit f2p yet?

No. They still charge just like other MMO's.

That's how you get your veteran rewards afterall!

It actually should be F2P soon. Also, Star Trek Online will be F2P along with DCU.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:14 pm

Gracerath wrote:It actually should be F2P soon. Also, Star Trek Online will be F2P along with DCU.

Yes I am eagerly awaiting both of those as I am a Star Trek and DC fanboy
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Crimsonheart » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:33 pm

Dominion Classic Text based game! It was created back in 2001 i think. www.kamikazegames.com (the website), I played this back in highschool.
Crimsonheart

Postby Passionario » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:41 am

I recommend Doom the Roguelike.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Shyrtandros » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:00 am

Gracerath wrote:It actually should be F2P soon. Also, Star Trek Online will be F2P along with DCU.

That's interesting.. if they are making it F2P then I will probably start playing that again.. I miss alot about that game..

I made a TANK named Tyrael and made him look as closely to Tyrael from d2 as I could.. even got a special cloak and some special effects to give it the look of his "tenticle wings"
Shyrtandros

Postby Gracerath » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:06 pm

Shyrtandros wrote:

That's interesting.. if they are making it F2P then I will probably start playing that again.. I miss alot about that game..

I made a TANK named Tyrael and made him look as closely to Tyrael from d2 as I could.. even got a special cloak and some special effects to give it the look of his "tenticle wings"

I just had a small foray back into CoV in June and July. I tend to resub every 2-3 years for a month or two at a time. This time I got a Fortunata to level 50 and did some of the "end game" and let me tell you, for as long as CoV has been around, you'd think their servers would be less lagged than they are. Their stuff is not designed to handle swarms of mobs + 16 or more players at once. It was a real letdown. The events are decently fun when it isn't a lagged fuckfest, though that isn't often.

A few of my friends and I made /fire brawlers in order to farm and PL in the mission architect. We'd make alts and PL eachother when bored. You could get a brand new character from 1-30 in less than an hour. Something neat that they have is a level pact, which allows you to sync up your levels to another character from level 1 and then any time one character earns exp, so does the other, even if the other character isn't online. The thing is, you have to be under level 5 to join into a leveling pact and once you break it, you can't join one again. You might be able to if you were still under level 5 but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm just glad that the next time I play the game, it will be free. I can pop in and see what is new without having to drop 15 bucks for the month.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Nothan » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:39 am

Not sure if you like FPS games with RPG elements. If so, Deus Ex Human Revolution is a good game to play. Mass Effect series as well. Waiting for Elder Scrolls 5, Battlefield 3, and Modern Warfare 3 this fall when I come back from Hong Kong :P
Nothan

Postby Shyrtandros » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:38 pm

Correction: City of Heroes now has FREE TO PLAY options. You can play like 70% of the game, classes, features for free and then have to pay for a "VIP Account" to access EVERYTHING the game has + a few bonus features previously not included.. I'm going to check out the "Free side" and see if they dumbed down the game mechanics, engines or anything that is common sometimes when games become "free".

Example: Free Play gets 2 Character Slots (not sure if thats per server), the basic games (no expansion), and access to 10 of the 14 "Classes".
Shyrtandros

Postby semp » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:39 am

Never played Diablo 2. Is it worth buying it still? Is it F2P?
semp

PreviousNext

Return to General