Paladin T13 Predictions-Now with actual T13

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Paladin T13 Predictions-Now with actual T13

Postby Malthrax » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:39 am

A legendary cloak. Everyone can wear a cloak.

+X Stam
+Y MoarStam (take the item budget for +str/agi and give it more stamina)

+Dodge
+Mastery

Equip: Chance on taking damage to proc XX% damage shield - causes wearer to increase in size 5%, stacks to 20, 15 second duration
Equip: Chance on taking damage to reflect YY% of damage at attacker - causes wearer to pulse with [insert good-guy theme] light.
User avatar
Malthrax
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:23 am

Re: Paladin T13 Predictions-Now with actual T13

Postby Shoju » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:40 am

Treck wrote:Blizzard has been pretty good in the past to try to equalize the tanks, even tho its a major failure with DKs atm, the other 3 are not far from eathother.


You know you're jealous of my ability to be a god at content that is irrelevant.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6388
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Paladin T13 Predictions-Now with actual T13

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:42 am

I don't think I could possibly be less excited about a non-visual legendary (and that goes for a cloak too). BORRRRRRRRRRRING.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11003
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Paladin T13 Predictions-Now with actual T13

Postby Malthrax » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:51 am

Nikachelle wrote:I don't think I could possibly be less excited about a non-visual legendary (and that goes for a cloak too). BORRRRRRRRRRRING.


"non-visual"? Are you kidding me???

No way... by tweaking the "growth" percentage, we could wind up with main tanks the same physical size as the boss s/he is allegedly tanking.

IT'D BE AWESOME!!! :lol:


The cloak would be a fire-engine red, of course, with a gold "L" on it (for Legendary, obviously)
User avatar
Malthrax
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:23 am

Re: Paladin T13 Predictions-Now with actual T13

Postby halabar » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:53 am

The biggest problem with a tanking legendary is bears. What do you do for bears, so they see their legendary in use?

Seems like it would have to have a secondary visual effect, like the agi staff does for cats.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Paladin T13 Predictions-Now with actual T13

Postby Malthrax » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:56 am

halabar wrote:Seems like it would have to have a secondary visual effect, like the agi staff does for cats.


Image

Only more pulsating-y, and golden-ish, and as big as Festergut. Also replace their snout with a howitzer, so they look like real tanks.
Last edited by Malthrax on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Malthrax
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:23 am

Re: Paladin T13 Predictions-Now with actual T13

Postby Jeremoot » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:57 am

How about a trinket that turns us into a tank!

You know. Like the maintankadin logo.
User avatar
Jeremoot
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Re: Paladin T13 Predictions-Now with actual T13

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:03 am

Treck wrote:Obviously enchants wouldnt transfer, so you dont wanna do it every now and then.


They fixed this for the Benediction (eventually -- at first changing the Benediction to Anathema used to eat the enchant. This irritated me to no end, because I actually needed the additional stamina from Anathma on Ebonroc, back in the day), so enchants *can* stick.

Treck wrote:Third choice is obviously to have an epic questline where you gather some stuff from bosses, and at the end you simply choose what item you want, 2hander for dk/druid, and a shield (preferably) for warr/paladin.


There was a big thread asking them why they didn't just use the QD mechanics with Legendary items. The blue response was something along the lines that they felt this "diluted" what made Legendaries so great, which seems like a perfectly reasonable response. I don't know that turning around and making something completely rogue-specific is as reasonable a response, but them's the breaks.

Looking at the history of items:
-Classic
T1: Thunderfury, Sulfuras
T2:
T3: Atiesh

-TBC
T4:
T5:
T6: Glaives
T6.5: Thori'dal

-WotLK
T7:
T8: Val'anyr
T9:
T10: Shadowmourne

-Cataclysm
T11:
T12: Dragonwrath
T13: Batman Regalia

I'm wondering if they're going to continue with the 3-tiers/2-legendary items per expansion, or if every tier will have "something."

In a wild lurch to try to get back on topic: I predict lots of "hey we don't know how to make this fight interesting so we're just going to shit all over the raid" encounters, judging by the tank/healer set bonuses.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: Paladin T13 Predictions-Now with actual T13

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:08 am

fuzzygeek wrote:In a wild lurch to try to get back on topic: I predict lots of "hey we don't know how to make this fight interesting so we're just going to shit all over the raid" encounters, judging by the tank/healer set bonuses.


They will prolly have a raid wide aoe damage aura going on for the deathwing encounter. 5 or 10k damage to everyone every 2 secs
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Paladin T13 Predictions-Now with actual T13

Postby Passionario » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:12 am

fuzzygeek wrote:In a wild lurch to try to get back on topic: I predict lots of "hey we don't know how to make this fight interesting so we're just going to shit all over the raid" encounters, judging by the tank/healer set bonuses.

Solution: Stack cat druids with the 4pc bonus.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
User avatar
Passionario
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Paladin T13 Predictions-Now with actual T13

Postby Treck » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:17 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
Treck wrote:Obviously enchants wouldnt transfer, so you dont wanna do it every now and then.


They fixed this for the Benediction (eventually -- at first changing the Benediction to Anathema used to eat the enchant. This irritated me to no end, because I actually needed the additional stamina from Anathma on Ebonroc, back in the day), so enchants *can* stick.

Nonono, i meant they should obviously make it specificly NOT transfer the enchant.
Firstly it would make warrs/pallys think twice before swapping it for a 2hander (if the procc didnt make you "worse" at dpsing like i also suggested)

Passionario wrote:Solution: Stack cat druids with the 4pc bonus.

This sadly seems very reasonable ;(

Jeremoot wrote:How about a trinket that turns us into a tank!

You know. Like the maintankadin logo.

I support this idea fully.

halabar wrote:The biggest problem with a tanking legendary is bears. What do you do for bears, so they see their legendary in use?

Seems like it would have to have a secondary visual effect, like the agi staff does for cats.

Yeh, they clearly made an epic look for cat druids, so it should be easy to do the same with some legendary for Bears.
Its funny they made that staff make you a firecat, but nothing at all in bearform? :P
User avatar
Treck
 
Posts: 2129
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:10 am

Re: Paladin T13 Predictions-Now with actual T13

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:21 pm

Treck wrote:
halabar wrote:The biggest problem with a tanking legendary is bears. What do you do for bears, so they see their legendary in use?

Seems like it would have to have a secondary visual effect, like the agi staff does for cats.

Yeh, they clearly made an epic look for cat druids, so it should be easy to do the same with some legendary for Bears.
Its funny they made that staff make you a firecat, but nothing at all in bearform? :P


It's obvious that if the internet saw a burning bear coming at it, the internet would shit on itself and pass out.

It's the only reason why there's no firebear
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Paladin T13 Predictions-Now with actual T13

Postby Zobel » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Klaudandus wrote:It's obvious that if the internet saw a burning bear coming at it, the internet would shit on itself and pass out.

It's the only reason why there's no firebear

Image
"Raaaar."
User avatar
Zobel
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:31 pm

Re: Paladin T13 Predictions-Now with actual T13

Postby Relwynd » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:37 pm

The pic reminds me of Tibbers from League of Legends... and now I'll have nightmares tonight.
Relwynd
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Paladin T13 Predictions-Now with actual T13

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:24 pm

Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6970
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest