LFR funnies, MMO Champ

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: LFR funnies, MMO Champ

Postby Flex » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:57 am

Teranoid wrote:Because we're used to being completely ignored by devs for tiers at a time?

Back in WotLK they messed around with Flame Shock because the glyph made the rotation work. I expect something similar for this.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Teranoid » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Yeah I agree.. either change the FE glyph to the set bonus or better yet scrap EQ as our garbage 31 point talent and put it in that spot.
Teranoid

Postby twinkfist » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:22 pm

that's actually a good idea. my other 85 alt is an ele and enhance shaman...and EQ stinks. it does have it's uses...but not enough to make it worth it for aoe. having FE for the 31 point talent would be a pretty awesome 31 point talent.
twinkfist

Postby Treck » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:49 pm

Wouldnt be suprised at all if they did end up making it so.
Its the 2set bonus, and i think every single raider uses his 2set bonus.
The 2set bonus is something everyone has access to a few weeks into a new tier, and once you have it, you dont loose it.
They kinda made 2set a bit to good, so that everyone is expected to have it to compete.
So when we step into t13, unless they make those tier parts overpowered aswell, your going to keep 2set t12, and i really dont think that is their intention.
So eather make t13 powerfull aswell, or make it baseline.
Treck

Postby Koatanga » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:46 pm

The 2-set is somewhat offset by the fact that the fire elemental is dumb as a post and will often just stand there picking his fiery nose instead of attacking anything. I hope they address his AI a bit in the coming patch.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Flex » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:57 pm

Koatanga wrote:The 2-set is somewhat offset by the fact that the fire elemental is dumb as a post and will often just stand there picking his fiery nose instead of attacking anything. I hope they address his AI a bit in the coming patch.

It is leashed to the totem, so tell your shaman to redrop totems. Like I pointed out, on the burn phase of Beth'tilac the elemental did 4.6K DPS. Huge potential DPS in that and on burn phases it should have close to 100% uptime.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Flex » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:30 pm

The way tier 13 pieces will be obtained in the 4.3 raid won't be unlike raids past, meaning players will still need to roll on multi-class set tokens. That said, we'll be tweaking the tier 13 10-player drop rates a little bit (for the better) relative to the 25-player version, given that these tier pieces can't be purchased from vendors for Valor Points.

In addition, due to tier pieces not being offered for Valor Points, another thing you'll see in patch 4.3 is a much wider array of desirable non-set loot (covering more slots than prior patches) available from the vendors, for those players who are unlucky with specific token drops, or who aren't interested in raiding -- although, once you get more details about the Raid Finder, we hope you'll find interest in having a go.
Flex

Postby Dantriges » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:33 pm

You meant dropping it better the first time? Unless there is some mechanism I am not aware of, after the totem is out, it´s on cd.
Dantriges

Postby Levantine » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:42 pm

It doesn't generally stay on cooldown for too long from what I've seen of the bonus.
Levantine

Postby Koatanga » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Regardless, it's still moronic that it is supposed to attack the mob that is affected by Flame Shock, and yet it doesn't. Re-casting is a workaround, but it needs a fix. The number of times I hear my wife bitching out her elemental (we play in the same room) makes it seem much more than a casual annoyance.
Koatanga

Postby Flex » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:59 pm

The elemental is tied to the totem. The totem has a range like all others.
Flex

Postby Koatanga » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:38 pm

Yes. It a range. It also sometimes just stands there picking its... flame. She's not doing it wrong; it's a known issue with the fire ele totem. It's buggy.
Koatanga

Postby Passionario » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:21 pm

Flex wrote:To put it in perspective on 10 man normal Beth'tilac burn phase our Elemental shaman does 21.6K DPS, toss in his elemental and he does 26.3K DPS. Basically going from worst to first.

Elemental shamans should be glad they didn't get the same solution to this problem as Shadowpriests. :x
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby tlitp » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:14 pm

Raidbots is pretty neat for getting a basic assessment of the melee/ranged performance disparity.
  • Baleroc 25N, two-weeks sample, all parses, 60th percentile ("average" players)
    melee
    ranged

Code: Select all
    median of the relevant melee specs : ~26.4k
    median of the relevant ranged specs : ~26.9k
    melee/ranged : 0.9814

Pretty similar performance, right ?
  • Baleroc 25H, two-weeks sample, top 100, 80th percentile ("good" players, deemphasizing RNG & cooldown stacking)
    melee
    ranged

median of the relevant melee specs : ~32.6k
    median of the relevant ranged specs : ~38.0k
    melee/ranged : 0.8579

All melee specs are below their (caster-only) counterparts.
  • Baleroc 25H, two-weeks sample, top 100, 95th percentile ("good" players, approaching the maximum potential of the specs)
    melee
    ranged

median of the relevant melee specs : ~33.9k
    median of the relevant ranged specs : ~39.9k
    melee/ranged : 0.8496

Again, all melee specs get owned by casters.

Nota bene : "all" actually means "all". Fury Warriors and Combat Rogues, while being (far) ahead of the melee crowd, are no exception. :P
tlitp

Postby Taeron » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:43 am

Teranoid wrote:
Flex wrote:How come no one asked about elemental shaman T12 2piece becoming a talent?
Because we're used to being completely ignored by devs for tiers at a time?

Be patient and you might get a legendary.
Taeron

PreviousNext

Return to General