LFR funnies, MMO Champ

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

LFR funnies, MMO Champ

Postby yappo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:04 am

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/245 ... 2#comments

Rogue legendary. Well, doesn't concern us.

Pre-nerfed LFR raids, 25 man only. Concerns those of us who share my membership with the pugging club. If I can run the pre-nerfed content without slamming the lock-out door on the 'real' content, well, I guess that's fine. Big if though.
yappo

Re: LFR funnies, MMO Champ

Postby Worldie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:09 am

It shouldn't concern you about the pugging, if you read the whole interview it kind of said the LFR system will have a separated lockout (i think i read that)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby yappo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:20 am

Worldie wrote:It shouldn't concern you about the pugging, if you read the whole interview it kind of said the LFR system will have a separated lockout (i think i read that)

Urrrm, no, not that I can see. I do read an implicit statement that you can LFR until you puke, but nothing about it kicking the lockout into effect or not. I'd assume not, but I dislike having to assume :D
yappo

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:38 am

Wonder what this means for gear scaling. Hope they don't wind up doing what they did for Normal/Heroic, having an even bigger ilevel gap between new tiers than before.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby yappo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:52 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Wonder what this means for gear scaling. Hope they don't wind up doing what they did for Normal/Heroic, having an even bigger ilevel gap between new tiers than before.

They made it explicit that pre-nerfed raids will come with pre-nerfed drops as well. Half a tierlevel nerf, ie six ilevels, ought to be a minimum. 13 ilevels lower sounds smarter. FL pre-nerfed would drop 365, the same as Molten Front dailies.

As I see it their main problem is an absolutely staggering gap between either five-man heroics (trolls versus Deathwing) or between new five-man heroics and raid.

With pre-nerfed Deathwing raid dropping ilevel 384 they could afford having the new five-man heroics drop 365 rather than 391. The latter would see the five-mans eat pugs for breakfast. With a system like this you'd have puggers walking around in 375 average gear, plus whatever comes with new dailies, quest-chains, yadda, yadda in 4.3. If you can push us casuals to around 380, then pugging 384 content seems viable.
yappo

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:00 am

My thought was about how they started out having the Heroic gear overlap the normal gear in the tier above, then decided somewhere along the line that they needed to put that 6-ilevel gap between Heroic Tier-X and Normal Tier-X+1. What are the chances they'll wind up bumping the gaps again to make this new gear feel like an upgrade to more people - not in this upcoming tier, but when they carry the design forward?

The unexpected gear inflation that resulted in Chill of the Throne came about because Ulduar and ToC had 3-4 seperate gear levels.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Invisusira » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:26 am

rogue specific legendary when they had expressed prior concerns about a tank legendary being "too specific"
completely new 25m pug raiding system with different loot (10m hodir hc anyone?)
per-patch firelands normal and heroic nerf
10m firelands legendary nerfed to impossible then buffed days latter

swear to god, at this point Blizz is just going
Invisusira

Postby Mannstein » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:11 am

Invisusira wrote:swear to god, at this point Blizz is just going

QFT...
I have the same feeling... Looks as the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing...
Tank Legendary is too specific... but rogue is ok.
Buff Vengeace -> "complain that threat stats are ignored" -> Buff threat generation.
pre-pre-pre-ptr-pre-patch nerf on the only Raid we have...
Nerf an non-proc ability to reduce the retri's excessive proc reliance.

What do you think are the future "planned developement" of Blizzard?
my bets are:
Crusader/hammer still generates on a parry/miss
Ad-hoc/hasted/bugged TOC/RS v2 raid, due to huge number of "fireboringlands" complains due to clearance.
Radiance debuff due to overrating on tanks...
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Invisusira » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:13 am

Tito: How does it fit into the lore?

Brack: We haven't decided on the name and how it's going to work, we just know that we really want a legendary weapon to come out of this tier and we really want it to be a rogue dagger. That's really all we know at this point.

This right here, this shit, is exactly why I've been getting more and more lineface about WoW development. They have completely abandoned the concept of lore dictating gameplay and are now almost entirely using gameplay to dictate lore. It is absolutely stupid. It's like watching George Lucas go from Ep 4-6 to 1-3. Somewhere along the way they forgot how to create engaging narrative, it kills the immersion, and, by association, the entire game itself is just not as entertaining.
Invisusira

Postby Malthrax » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:36 am

ffs... every god-awful pug rogue on the planet is going to be clamoring for a raid spot now. As if it wasn't already hard enough to find a spot for a 1-trick-pony melee DPS, now there's going to be 9000x more of them with "orange fever".
Malthrax

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:39 am

I'm at least glad we HAVE a rogue and it doesn't get wasted. Not impressed over the implementation of it (not that Blizzard even KNOWS what that implementation is anyway...) but uh... at least we can use it...
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Zalaria » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:03 am

Neither of the two guilds I run with have rogues, so this wonderful new legendary is completely wasted for us. Good thing there's not 6 tanks between them that would love a legendary...
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Malthrax » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:13 am

Zalaria wrote:Neither of the two guilds I run with have rogues, so this wonderful new legendary is completely wasted for us. Good thing there's not 6 tanks between them that would love a legendary...

!! Rogue 4 Hire !!

EU or US?
What days/times do you raid?

you think I'm joking?
Malthrax

Postby bldavis » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:58 am

thank god we have a rogue already in our raid group
if we actually ever get more then one completed, well we have alts of raiders we can swap out....

that mmo-champ thread made me /facepalm irl
"Rogues havent had any legendaries EVER!"
i started playing just before Wrath, and even i know better then that!
i honestly think they should make it a 1hd mace, axe, or fist weapon

if its a slow dagger, one spec
fast MH dagger - 2 specs
oh dagger? - 3 specs

slow axe/mace/fist - 2 specs

option to choose speed/weapon type (ie dagger or fist)
that would work for rogues and enh shamans, and if you add in a polearm option, you can add druids and hunters

my guess is it will be a fast oh dagger though...cause you know ...that is such a legendary slot :twisted:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Mukat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:13 am

2.6 dagger, everyone is happy, or something.
Mukat

Next

Return to General