Remove Advertisements

Massive Firelands Nerfs Starting Next Week

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Massive Firelands Nerfs Starting Next Week

Postby Threck » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:52 am

Sagara wrote:
theckhd wrote:I have nothing to say, but feel obligated to post here given the names of the last two posters.

Being the unwilling father of this abomination of a handle, I am now feeling pressured to also post for no good reason.
Hear me, theck/threck/treck? This is aaaaaaall your fault!!

You were not prepared....
Threck

Postby lythac » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:02 am

Threck wrote:
Sagara wrote:
theckhd wrote:I have nothing to say, but feel obligated to post here given the names of the last two posters.

Being the unwilling father of this abomination of a handle, I am now feeling pressured to also post for no good reason.
Hear me, theck/threck/treck? This is aaaaaaall your fault!!

You were not prepared....

I am imagining a three add fight of Theck/Threck/Treck. The names would break disorganised pugs.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:04 am

kill the paladin! no wait, the other paladin!
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Dantriges » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:06 am

Well it seems a bit early to nerf it.
Dantriges

Postby Jeremoot » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:11 am

Wait, let me just get this straight... No new raid with 4.3? Just another patch of Firelands, but now 20% weaker?

Holy letdown, Batman.
Jeremoot

Postby RedAces » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:35 am

Jeremoot: what?! Who said that? Next week all T12 bosses will be nerfed by ~ 20% and in November there will be the 4.3 with the deathwing raid and T13.
RedAces

Postby Mukat » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:45 am

RedAces wrote:Jeremoot: what?! Who said that? Next week all T12 bosses will be nerfed by ~ 20% and in November there will be the 4.3 with the deathwing raid and T13.

Passionario wrote:Clearly, they should have just used the same solution as last time:

By now you’ve seen that the new Ethereal NPCs and the revamped Darkmoon Faire are on the PTR, featuring all-new transmogrification and Void Storage mechanics, updated replicas of the classic sets, and new horses for worgen players to ride.

You may be asking, "where's Deathwing?”

Our goal with each major patch release, and especially with each expansion, is to learn from the past and use that knowledge to improve the game as we move forward. One of our biggest regrets in the pacing of Wrath of the Lich King was the Crusaders' Coliseum. The Trial of the Champion 10- and 25-player raid was released while many raiders were still busy with Ulduar, which meant a premature end to Ulduar raiding -- and a lot of players didn't get a chance to experience all of Ulduar's content during the normal expansion progression.

Having learned that lesson in pacing from Wrath of the Lich King, we don’t feel Cataclysm needs a new raid tier just yet. We’re close, though, and Deathwing's Lair will be part of patch 4.4, which is expected to hit the PTR very soon after 4.3 goes live.

One of our long-standing development goals has been to release more regular content updates for you to enjoy. Our plan is to package features like raids, dungeons, and daily quest hubs into smaller content updates and release them as soon as possible, rather than wait and release them as large but infrequent updates.

This new flexible approach to updates allows us to release content like Transmogrification and Darkmoon Faire so that you'll have more challenges to overcome while we make the shadowflames of Neltharion even hotter and the final showdown with the Aspect of Death even more climactic.

Development for both patches is currently well in progress.

I was wondering why no one else acknowledged this post! It seems I got trolled too but stayed quiet about it. Damn the trolls for having good spelling and grammar!
Mukat

Postby RedAces » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:51 am

Link to official source? Because the PTRs are currently down (so "Youve seen transmog on the ptr" is definitly faked).
RedAces

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:53 am

SIGH

don't let Passionario troll you guys, seriously.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2179759307
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby lythac » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:58 am

That was sarcasm/mock saying the fight against Deathwing is coming to soon and Blizzard should stall it, doing what they have before - a one (well two) room raid instance of 5 bosses that really has no bearing on the expansion.

1) Many Jormungers
2) Something
3) Faction Paladins
4) Undead Twin Emperors
5) Onyxia

Edit - wait I didn't read Passionario's post fully.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Malthrax » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:13 pm

lythac wrote:That was sarcasm/mock saying the fight against Deathwing is coming to soon and Blizzard should stall it, doing what they have before - a one (well two) room raid instance of 5 bosses that really has no bearing on the expansion.

1) Many Jormungers
2) Something
3) Faction Paladins
4) Undead Twin Emperors
5) Onyxia

Edit - wait I didn't read Passionario's post fully.

#2 could be something involving a goblin warlock attempting to summon a gigantic DreadLord Milhouse Manastorm.

First fight would be "Magmaw... unchained". Unchained Magma-lody?
Malthrax

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:14 pm

Or it could straightly be Milhouse Manastorm himself
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Malthrax » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:18 pm

Worldie wrote:Or it could straightly be Milhouse Manastorm himself

Hahaha, alriiight! Who ordered up an extra large can of whoop-ass?
Malthrax

Postby Arianne » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:00 pm

My main problem with the nerfs coming now is that they're coming right after summer. Summer is a typically bad time for raiding because people want to go out and do something in the sun and the college kids are off for 3 months and doing who knows what. Every guild that I've been in has had a huge slump in summer due to this (whether it was a non-ranking guild or a ranking guild). I think the only people immune to this are the top 50 guilds. If they'd nerfed T12 at the middle of October then that would have been fine, but as it is my guild is only now getting back to having a stable roster through no fault of our own (we've been continually posting everywhere to recruit people and haven't had much luck). It's not that we haven't cared enough; we've been trying to do heroic baleroc and heroic beth with 23 people. There's just very little incentive to raid 25 mans anymore. As for joining a higher rated guild there are only 25*2 = 50 tank spots in those guilds and those tank spots don't tend to turn over.

I also agree with what Treckie said about the timing of the nerf announcement. We're trying to do heroic rag now (we started this past week) and now it feels like we have 1 week in order to kill him (which isn't going to happen). So that makes attempting to kill him now feel pretty useless. Why not wait for the nerf and not put ourselves through so much misery? If they're not going to nerf him next week, then they should have laid out a more specific nerf plan so that people could prioritize what they're going to do with their raid schedule. It's almost worse to have just a little information than no information.

Obviously they're doing this for PR reasons. Blizzcon is the middle of next month, so they want to have the content nerfed and have people succeed and have people be done with T12 so that at Blizzcon they can make announcements about Deathwing and 4.3. Then theoretically they should have a 4.3 PTR up after Blizzcon, so the people who are 'done' with nerfed T12 can go test on the PTR.

My guild is 120 US for 25 and we only just started Heroic Ragnaros. We could probably get it in a month or two (maybe?). The 100 guilds above us are all working on Ragnaros because only 20 guilds in the US have killed it. 25*20 = 500 players. There are 65 guilds in the world that have done it. 25*65 = 1625.

The reason why they have to continually nerf stuff is because they're designing for the top two thousand players. What they don't realize is that continually nerfing stuff is not how the game began and isn't how the people who are playing it want to play. If you don't kill something before it gets nerfed then you feel like you've failed. It doesn't make the game fun to play if you continually fail at the game.

There's no other game type that goes through successive nerf rounds. Single player RPGs have 4-5 levels of play (easy, normal, hard, nightmare). I don't know of anyone who doesn't pick a particular level and stick at it through the entire game (though I do know some people who play the majority at one level except for a few fights that are too hard that they play at the level below that and then go back up to their previous level). Typically what they do instead is reload and try that fight over and over at their chosen difficulty until they beat it (reminds you of wow right?).

Nerfing things makes people not want to play. The reason why ICC was so popular and well played was because it was a buff to you rather than a nerf to the content. It's more pleasant to say to yourself 'we played better this week' or that people finally got the random gear drop they needed, even if the reason you beat the boss wasn't because of better playing but was because the zone wide buff got bumped up. Nerfs are never explainable to yourself that way and beating a boss after a nerf is always easily dismissed by everyone else.
Arianne

Postby Jeremoot » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Guess I took Passionario's post a bit too seriously.
Jeremoot

PreviousNext

Return to General