Remove Advertisements

Massive Firelands Nerfs Starting Next Week

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Massive Firelands Nerfs Starting Next Week

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:37 am

lythac wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:Mannstein... don't ever read the Relationships thread... you'll be scarred for life if the above convo bothers you...

Note: there's a reason the relationships thread is in another forum.

Board?

There was something in the addons forum that Chloe made a post on. This is the trouble of navigating off of "View New Posts" and not realising what board you are currently viewing and respecting the tone of that board. Going from "Arkham Asylum" to "Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations" and not changing the tone of your posts can be bad.

Lets talk about Kodos in Theck's DPS Matlab thread \o/

well phpbb calls them "forums" not "boards" so I do too :p
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby lythac » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:51 am

Sabindeus wrote:well phpbb calls them "forums" not "boards" so I do too :p

I generally think of this as being the Maintankadin forum and then you have the boards (given you have the board index).

On reflection the board is the overall and the forums are plural. So "go take a loot on the Maintankadin forum", is incorrect as it should be plural and should be either "go take a look on the Maintankadin board/forums".
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby degre » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:55 am

If I can add to the confusion, I usually call the whole a forum and the various bits sub-forums.

Have I won something? (aside from a spam ban, I mean)
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby lythac » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:01 am

As a whole Maintankadin is a board. Calling it forums is also valid.

"General", "Arkham Asylum", "Offspecs", "Classic Strat Archive" are all forums.

"Karazhan", is a subforum of "Classic Strat Archive", it says so.
lythac

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:05 am

lythac wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:well phpbb calls them "forums" not "boards" so I do too :p

I generally think of this as being the Maintankadin forum and then you have the boards (given you have the board index).

On reflection the board is the overall and the forums are plural. So "go take a loot on the Maintankadin forum", is incorrect as it should be plural and should be either "go take a look on the Maintankadin board/forums".

Yeah the phpBB definition of those words is inverted from yours. It considers the entire installation the "board" and each individual collection of posts is a forum.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby lythac » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:13 am

We are all in agreement that Kodos are free to roam in AA, sometimes general if the grazing is good but never in Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations where they will be shot on sight?
lythac

Postby Malthrax » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:00 am

lythac wrote:We are all in agreement that Kodos are free to roam in AA, sometimes general if the grazing is good but never in Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations where they will be shot on sight?

Yes, and anything to do with "who's [the|] better [|on] [top|bottom]", if not specifically related to the Beth'tilac fight, should probably stay over on AA.
Malthrax

Postby theckhd » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:58 pm

lythac wrote:We are all in agreement that Kodos are free to roam in AA, sometimes general if the grazing is good but never in Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations where they will be shot on sight?

Pretty much. I tend to delete this sort of junk when it shows up in ATC.

I'd be more willing to stamp down on it in General, too, but I'm not a global mod so it's not really my place. But I think it's bad for the forums to let it run rampant. Allow me to briefly explain:

It's not that what is being said is particularly offensive or risque. Occasionally, even I find them funny. But it's the insular nature of the conversation that I'm opposed to. There's a small subset of posters, mostly from PK, that frequently go off into these clique-y tangents in General threads. What that does is temporarily turn the thread into their own private discussion, which makes everyone else on the outside feel less inclined to participate in the thread.

And to those of us on the outside, most of it just comes off as showboating. None of us really care about bldavis' bestiality urges, so at best you'll get a chuckle out of us if the insult was particularly inspiring. But most of the time we just roll our eyes and wonder why the tired old kodo joke hasn't died yet. You guys need some new material.

My advice would be to think about what you're going to post before you hit Submit. If it's a joke that only your guild-mates will get or care about, or it's something that's not relevant to the thread topic, consider whether it would make more sense as a multiple-recipient PM.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby bldavis » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:13 pm

theckhd wrote: There's a small subset of posters, mostly from PK, that frequently go off into these clique-y tangents in General threads. What that does is temporarily turn the thread into their own private discussion, which makes everyone else on the outside feel less inclined to participate in the thread.

And to those of us on the outside, most of it just comes off as showboating. None of us really care about bldavis' bestiality urges, so at best you'll get a chuckle out of us if the insult was particularly inspiring. But most of the time we just roll our eyes and wonder why the tired old kodo joke hasn't died yet. You guys need some new material.

My advice would be to think about what you're going to post before you hit Submit. If it's a joke that only your guild-mates will get or care about, or it's something that's not relevant to the thread topic, consider whether it would make more sense as a multiple-recipient PM.

well for the most part, we HAVE tried to keep it out of general and in PMs and the AA, plus we also have guild forums up so you wont have to read our inane cliquish chatter anymore :evil:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby theckhd » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:03 pm

bldavis wrote:well for the most part, we HAVE tried to keep it out of general and in PMs and the AA, plus we also have guild forums up so you wont have to read our inane cliquish chatter anymore :evil:

I'm not sure it's much consolation to get the, "Well officer, I only got wasted and flipped my car on the interstate once or twice, most of the times I get wasted and flip my car I do it in my backyard where nobody has to see it" defense.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby bldavis » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:05 pm

well in that case, im not sure what to tell you

dont worry i wont be posting that stuff anymore

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Mannstein » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:08 am

bldavis wrote:well in that case, im not sure what to tell you
dont worry i wont be posting that stuff anymore

Hey... chill gents...
From my point of View the "PK's bashing" on the foruns goes from "Funny and Friendly" to "Meh, 12 post between the on-topic discussion".
To be honest, at least for me, PK's "private very public Messages" are like salt, sometimes too many, sometimes too few, or just right.
I think the "We are all in agreement that Kodos are free to roam in AA, sometimes general if the grazing is good but never in Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations where they will be shot on sight?" should be on the Forum rules and it is the best policy, i for one wouldn't like to have them completly disapear from the forums.. :(

@Bldavis and theckhd, let's be civilized?
Arathi Basin 12 AM, Blacksmith... The loser can't post for a week?
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Sagara » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:17 am

Theck is probably in a better place to present is case, but I think the crux of the problem is that he doesn't like the concept of Maintankadin growing in PK Forum redux.

No because PK Forums is a bad thing per se, but more because that tends to drive non-PK posters out when out of hand. Avoiding the building of cliques, in a way.

DISCLAIMER: I can only interpret the current declarations, and in no way or forms do I daresay I hold the truth of the wishes and objectives of forum posters. The only objective of the current poster is the development of a thriving Tankadin community on this very forum, as a social group and as a platform for idea fishing and sharing where the Tankadin is concerned.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Shoju » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:03 am

theckhd wrote:
bldavis wrote:well for the most part, we HAVE tried to keep it out of general and in PMs and the AA, plus we also have guild forums up so you wont have to read our inane cliquish chatter anymore :evil:

I'm not sure it's much consolation to get the, "Well officer, I only got wasted and flipped my car on the interstate once or twice, most of the times I get wasted and flip my car I do it in my backyard where nobody has to see it" defense.

Do I understand this correctly?
You don't like that they post their cliqueish chatter, so they reference that they have their own board now, and say that they have made a conscious effort recently to not post as much of their guild banter on the forums, and now you are chastising them for their chatter even when you don't have to see it?

Tell me that I'm misunderstanding your point, because that comes off as just being a jerk because you don't like them, and are looking for a reason to chastise them. Because you aren't arguing that they haven't made an effort, or that you still see too much of the chatter. You are now directly pointed at the chatter itself whether it comes in PM form or in AA form...
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:05 am

can we just move on?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General