Massive Firelands Nerfs Starting Next Week

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Massive Firelands Nerfs Starting Next Week

Postby Amirya » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:03 pm

I thought we did him first just to get the sacrificial druidfire out of the way first. It's not like he's hard to dodge...

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:25 pm

bldavis wrote:all teh little tiny rocks end up getting ppl trapped on them, getting traps under them, or just screwing us up somehow....

Hmm, sounds like the same place.

Maybe the real problem is you're dirty Alliance, and all your tiny dorf and gnoams are tripping on the pebbles the superiour Horde races don't even notice.

But if it truly is that much of an issue I'd really recommended doing Alys first and fighting Shannox in her arena, since you've likely cleared to her room anyway getting Shannox to spawn.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:53 pm

But if it truly is that much of an issue I'd really recommended doing Alys first and fighting Shannox in her arena, since you've likely cleared to her room anyway getting Shannox to spawn.

Well, my original comment about the rocks had to do with HM-Shannox and it is easiest to down him first for a HM run. It is also too easy to drop stacks on normal to worry about such things, so the rocks aren't as big of a deal. Also, with the nerf to Shannox spawn requirements you can just clear out large mobs, scorpions and a few elementals, without even getting close to the bridge by Alys and Rhyo.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby bldavis » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:56 pm

well actually its mostly my big bear ass that gets trapped on them while kiting the dog
it annoys the hell out of me that i can jump over it once, jump the exact same spot and get caught

and actually we just clear where we fight him, the 2 scorpion packs to teh east, and the pats on the east road, along with teh corehound closest to beth (where you can jump down after fighting her)

our typical kill order is Shann - Beth - LR - Alysrazor - Baleroc - domo (duh)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:34 pm

2 weeks of downing those bosses and it's become our "typical kill order" ...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:41 pm

Skye1013 wrote:2 weeks of downing those bosses and it's become our "typical kill order" ...

well its worked so far >.>

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Torias » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:48 pm

Why do you kill Shannox there? Maybe I'm just used to the way my group does things but we consistently kill every boss before Baleroc without killing anywhere near enough trash to spawn Shannox, so we end up having to farm the Flamewaker packs in front of Rhyolith (usually) and at that point Alysrazor's arena is just too convenient, as well as being perfectly sized and utterly clear of debris for the fight.

My favourite game with Shannox is to kite in circles while Riplimb is returning the spear so that Shannox never gets it back and Riplimb is effectively removed from the fight. Record as of last week was about a minute and a half before I lost focus and he caught up. :D Some day I'll solo tank that thing. Much more easily done when you don't have to worry about a one-in-a-million chance of tripping up on some awkwardly shaped pebble.
Torias

Postby Amirya » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:09 pm

Because disturbing the kill order causes our bear tank to die. On Shannox fire ruptures, to Alysrazor hatchlings, to Baleroc's Decimation Blade. If we maintain the kill order...wait, he still dies. :)

Actually, I think it's because he's trying to get a trash drop to appear. He doesn't yet realise they're mythical items.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:55 pm

i have not died to the hatchlin....oh wait yes i have cause YOU STOLE MY WORM AND I HAD TO KITE ACROSS THE FRICKEN RAID TO GET ONE

to be fair though, it was one of our first pulls and we hadnt figured out whose worms were whose yet

as far as shannox, i didnt die last week on our kill, and you solo tank baleroc now

as for trash drops, i think we need to say screw bosses we are only here for trash and then we will get one again
our only trash drop has been a xbow...before ami and i started school
the best thing we have had drop from trash since then was a 333 blue

bldavis

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:09 pm

I often eat Rhia's worms. D:
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:19 pm

well we have it worked out now that she has the east hatchling and worm, i have the other side

bldavis

Postby sahiel » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:11 pm

bldavis wrote:well we have it worked out now that she has the east hatchling and worm, i have the other side

Yep, that's exactly what we did after a humourous "my worm! NO! MY WORM!" exchange like you said, nowadays we just solo tank it which makes it obviously not an issue.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:17 pm

bldavis wrote:our only trash drop has been a xbow...

I thought we had 2 drops...? Pretty sure we've discussed that before. Can't remember what the other drop was though... been too long :P
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:15 am

I can't get him to understand that any worm I look at is MY WORM and any worm left over...can be his.

Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:58 am

Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

PreviousNext

Return to General