Remove Advertisements

Enchantment Yes, or Enchantment No?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Enchantment Yes, or Enchantment No?

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Koatanga wrote:To be fair, enchanters never wanted the DE button, for the reasons I have previously outlined.

Don't presume to speak for all enchanters. I have had at least one -- and sometimes up to four -- enchanters since December 2004. I love the DE button. I'm pretty sure I posted a suggestion for it in the suggestions forum back in mid-2005.

@halabar: reportedly the DE button will not work if the enchanter does not have his rod in his bags. I have not confirmed this, but it was reportedly mentioned by a blue as a solution to enchanters who feel as if they are being used.

@amirya: I would be all for a roll for ore -- which, again, isn't exactly equivalent since a miner has to spend a few second mining. I couldn't care less about trade goods in dungeons -- frankly I wish they would remove all skinnable mobs and mining nodes and engiskinning objects from instances too. The time a gatherer takes to do his thing is time they're not helping the group clear the instance as quickly and efficiently as possible for (usually) purely selfish gain. I'd be happy if they got rid of gathering in dungeons entirely.

And again, I don't understand your argument re: Chaos Orbs, and how it applies to enchanting. Can you clarify?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Crimsonheart » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:18 pm

Greed on the item anyway even if you are an enchanter, the guild perk for bonus materials DOES NOT apply to auto disenchanted cause It wasn't physically DE'd by you. you are still getting a benefit out of it by self DEing.
Crimsonheart

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:21 pm

I love grouping with a random guildie when doing low level instance farming runs on my Enchanter Pallytank - one button DE as you go option speeds up the farming process nicely.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Amirya » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:28 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:@amirya: I would be all for a roll for ore -- which, again, isn't exactly equivalent since a miner has to spend a few second mining. I couldn't care less about trade goods in dungeons -- frankly I wish they would remove all skinnable mobs and mining nodes and engiskinning objects from instances too. The time a gatherer takes to do his thing is time they're not helping the group clear the instance as quickly and efficiently as possible for (usually) purely selfish gain. I'd be happy if they got rid of gathering in dungeons entirely.

But that's why I clarified that anyone could "loot" the node, much like everyone can loot the mob that has the green/blue/purple.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:24 am

fuzzygeek wrote:And again, I don't understand your argument re: Chaos Orbs, and how it applies to enchanting. Can you clarify?

It was brought up that enchanters shouldn't be upset about providing a free service because they don't have to do anything to provide that service - the button just appears when they are present. I pointed out that nobody has to do anything special for Chaos Orbs either, but people charge hundreds of gold for them.

I am sure the very idea that crafters should provide orbs for free since they come by them with no extra effort would be laughable.

So even though it requires no effort on our part, we can still be annoyed that people get our service for free.

This was particularly annoying at the beginning of Cataclysm, because levelling enchanting takes a lot of mats which are extremely expensive at the beginning of an expansion. Sure we get some from questing, but I didn't get enough from that to complete my enchanting. Instead, I had to buy materials that I and other enchanters like me DEd for people in instances. We provided a free service so people could sell us the results of that free service.

Contrast to a blacksmith in my guild who wanted to charge me full market value (1000k each) for chaos orbs gained from instances, 100% of which I tanked. The orb implementation sucked... orbs. I was fairly bitter about it at the time.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:56 am

Again, your point would only be valid if Enchanters were being forced to distribute for free an item they had already won, or would have won. When the other player wins the roll and gets the mats, the parallel to giving Chaos Orbs away for free is non-existant.

I have never received anywhere near enough mats from instances to keep me going making enchants. And I have also never passed on an item when I could greed it to vendor, and I have very, very rarely seen other players pass on items they could vendor. You would be losing these items regardless of the DE button, and you'd still be supplementing what you did get by buying more on the AH - except now the stuff on the AH is much cheaper.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Winkle » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:05 am

As an enchanter i relish the auto-de button. More mats for all with Zero hassle.

If you can't make gold using enchanting your doing something seriously wrong. Is probably my biggest gold maker atm and i have JC,Enchanting,LW,BS and Alch.
Winkle

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:07 am

Disenchanting an item is NOT equivalent to mining ore. Enchanting is a production profession, not a gathering profession. The proper analogue would be Prospecting for JC or Milling for Inscription. Comparing the Disenchantment of armor/weapons to the distribution of minerals/herbs is not a proper parallel in any way.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:38 am

Koatanga wrote:Contrast to a blacksmith in my guild who wanted to charge me full market value (1000k each) for chaos orbs gained from instances, 100% of which I tanked. The orb implementation sucked... orbs. I was fairly bitter about it at the time.

Your guildy is an unmitigated asshole.

I agree the Orb mechanic is dumb. I've got around sixty or so that I have no use for.

I can see your point wrt being forced to provide a "free" service, which is why I think Blizzard's out is amazing. I also think Blizz should either dissociate DE from the enchanting profession (which some people have said they are going to do, which I'd like to see a source for), or change random drops so mobs have a chance to drop enchanting mats.

As far as anyone being able to loot nodes -- if they aren't going to remove them, then this would make the most sense. But I don't remember the last time I saw a node inside an instance. Utgarde Keep? This is clearly unfair and biased against miners because Blizz favors skinners. WHERE IS MY PITCHFORK.
Last edited by fuzzygeek on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:41 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
Koatanga wrote:Contrast to a blacksmith in my guild who wanted to charge me full market value (1000k each) for chaos orbs gained from instances, 100% of which I tanked. The orb implementation sucked... orbs. I was fairly bitter about it at the time.

Your guildy is an unmitigated asshole.

Seriously. Goddamn is that harsh.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:43 am

I actually mock guildies who buy things from the AH that I could do for free using mats we have in the guild bank.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:18 am

I, Shoju, hater of all changes loved this change when it came out. I have 3 enchanters, lost tons of mats because of it, and don't care. I don't even play the scroll game. I just sell in trade / enchant for trade.

Normally, I make good gold just going where ever and enchanting. Except when someone makes me travel to Silvermoon City, for their Crusader enchant and then tips 50 silver. 50 SILVER. That was... irritating.

Tip your enchanters for enchanting your crap, be happy that people ahve that mats to have you enchant, and be happy.
Shoju

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:33 am

I think someone asking me to go to SC/Exodar/Darn would make me not go regardless of the tip. Even when I'm on my mage. Hell, I'd rather go to Dal than those.

If you have the crusader enchant though, those still sell well. Well enough to posting scrolls at least.
Cogglamp

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:39 am

Who enchants in trade?..

I just sell scrolls and enchant for guildies that need it. Go to a different city? YOYFM!
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:49 am

halabar wrote:YOYFM!

You Outta Yo Fuckin' Mind?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General