Remove Advertisements

4.3 rumours on MMO Champ

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: 4.3 rumours on MMO Champ

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:23 pm

Teranoid wrote:What I still cannot believe about the Raid Finder is after the pages and pages just on this site about how many terrible people they come across in the RDF that people are seriously considering using this.

Why would you even want to waste your time?

Hope springs eternal. There's still the offchance that you'll end up in a super experience group that's killed all the bosses and just needs an extra player or two to fill their raid. Happens once in a blue moon, but it's generally enough of an incentive for people to give it a shot.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:58 am

Another *potential* is the very small guild that wants to find a PuG or two to fill up slots.

*shrug* more of a side-benefit, but better to have glasses half-full.
But honestly? I'm am waitng with this huuuuuuuuuuuuge smirk on my face, becaue this is going to be one. HELL. of a wipefest.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Dantriges » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:01 am

Yeah I find this whole thing not helpful for the social side of the game. Most of my FL contacts are from BC still. And Real ID doesn´t replace the "Random meeting, let´s chat for a while thing"

I know it´s a time issue but wel if I go pugging, I need much time.

And well after a while, you know the guys who sign up regularly and build up a core. Itemlevel is only one thing. The bigger pool means more it´s more anonymous.
Dantriges

Postby Passionario » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:53 am

The Deathwing raid will be smaller than Ulduar

:roll:
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:55 am

Passionario wrote:

And bigger than... a 5-man?...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Amirya » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:25 am

halabar wrote:
Passionario wrote:

And bigger than... a 5-man?...

No, it'll be ToC all over again.

Walk in, listen to Deathwing Guardset A talk for about 10 minutes, then kill them.
Listen to Deathwing Guardset B talk for about 10 minutes, then kill them.
Listen to Deathwing Guardset C talk for about 5 minutes, then kill them.
Special appearance by Alexastraza and Korialstraz, as they try to convince Deathwing to Step Upon the Path of the Titans
Engage Deathwing when he laughs at them, tank and spank allll the way.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Malthrax » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:30 am

Amirya wrote:No, it'll be ToC all over again.

Walk in, listen to Deathwing Guardset A talk for about 10 minutes, then kill them.
Listen to Deathwing Guardset B talk for about 10 minutes, then kill them.
Listen to Deathwing Guardset C talk for about 5 minutes, then kill them.
Special appearance by Alexastraza and Korialstraz, as they try to convince Deathwing to Step Upon the Path of the Titans
Engage Deathwing when he laughs at them, tank and spank allll the way.

... and in phase 3, the floor falls away and the entire raid plummets toward their death, only to land on the backs of a flight of red drakes. Combat with Deathwing, now glowing with an arcane blue aura, re-commences, with a somewhat familiar 1-1-2 attack sequence.

The Eye of Eternity was merely a set-back.
Malthrax

Postby Amirya » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:32 am

No lies, whenever I did the Blood Council fight in ICC, I laughed my head off when it opened with, "Naxxanar was merely a setback!"

Also, I'm kinda tired of the whole floor falling away crap. For once, JUST ONCE, would it be too much to ask that the raid get sucked up in a vortex through the goddamn ceiling?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Malthrax » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:35 am

Amirya wrote:No lies, whenever I did the Blood Council fight in ICC, I laughed my head off when it opened with, "Naxxanar was merely a setback!"

Also, I'm kinda tired of the whole floor falling away crap. For once, JUST ONCE, would it be too much to ask that the raid get sucked up in a vortex through the goddamn ceiling?

Perhaps Deathwing chould swallow random members of the raid, who then have to DPS their way out of his stomach, before the corrosive acids dissolve them into goo. They could even add a few hostile tentacles (polyps?) in his gut, as a homage to all the Old God minions that preceeded him.
Malthrax

Postby Dantriges » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:36 am

Falling mechanism already in place, vortex sucking needs programmer time.
Dantriges

Postby Shoju » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:37 am

I have a feeling that Deathwing's Death fight monster hootfest of superfluous bad guys and amazing assaults will need to be completely epic, and mind blowing to keep from losing a large portion of their player base. 12 months into the expansion they are releasing the final raid for the expansion. To me, it feels like "sorry, we know things didn't go right. Lets move on."
Shoju

Postby RedAces » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:56 am

Dantriges wrote:Falling mechanism already in place, vortex sucking needs programmer time.

Alakir-Slipstreams say Hi :)
RedAces

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:03 am

Shoju wrote:I have a feeling that Deathwing's Death fight monster hootfest of superfluous bad guys and amazing assaults will need to be completely epic, and mind blowing to keep from losing a large portion of their player base.

Reasons I have seen given by people who have quit or have threatened to quit the game this expansion only:
Too easy
Too hard
Too grindy
Not grindy enough
Gear is too hard to get
Gear is too easy to get

Hopefully you can see the pattern.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Malthrax » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:09 am

Shoju wrote:I have a feeling that Deathwing's Death fight monster hootfest of superfluous bad guys and amazing assaults will need to be completely epic, and mind blowing to keep from losing a large portion of their player base. 12 months into the expansion they are releasing the final raid for the expansion. To me, it feels like "sorry, we know things didn't go right. Lets move on."

5k gold says Nefarion and Onyxia make a (re)(re)appearance.

Bonus points if the raid features (corrupted) Therazane, (corrupted) Neptulon, (reanimated) Al'akir, and an Elementium-Plated Ragnaros for the mandatory "Council Fight".
Malthrax

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:22 am

Council fight involving multiple elevators
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General