4.3 rumours on MMO Champ

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: 4.3 rumours on MMO Champ

Postby Jeremoot » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:52 am

Worldie wrote:
Jeremoot wrote:Nah, they'll just throw her into WotA.

There's absolutely no sign of Azshara in the War so no :P

Considering she's the one that first communicated with Sargeras and began opening the portal, yeah, she was a huge part of it. :P
Jeremoot

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:54 am

Jeremoot wrote:
Worldie wrote:
Jeremoot wrote:Nah, they'll just throw her into WotA.

There's absolutely no sign of Azshara in the War so no :P

Considering she's the one that first communicated with Sargeras and began opening the portal, yeah, she was a huge part of it. :P

Yes but if you read about it, during the War Azshara didn't fight at all. In fact, she didn't leave her palace.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:30 am

PsiVen wrote:If the plan is seriously to follow up Deathwing's demise with "Mists of Pandaria" featuring some bullshit plot about panda-men, there will be a backlash that makes mandatory RealID look like a popular well-liked idea.

Depends. I would personally love an expansion where the end game doesn't revolve around saving the world but is instead clearing a new land of its evil to make new settlements.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Dantriges » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:01 am

Well the whole World saving from villains who want to conquer and destroy the world is getting a bit silly.

Villains who want to invade and destroy Azeroth, draw a number get in line, current one is Deathwing... :wink:
Dantriges

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:58 am

The two expansions (wrath, cata) were announced some time in advance to allow for development and Beta testing. Unless they announce enrollment for a Beta (and I am not expecting it) at Blizzcon, I will go with the Aug-12 to Nov-12 time period for the next xpac.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Hrobertgar wrote:The two expansions (wrath, cata) were announced some time in advance to allow for development and Beta testing. Unless they announce enrollment for a Beta (and I am not expecting it) at Blizzcon, I will go with the Aug-12 to Nov-12 time period for the next xpac.

Far too early for Beta. Let's say a 9-month cycle for Announce-Beta-PTR-Release. Once they annouce, they clock starts ticking. We'll see what happens at Blizzcon. If they announce, the late-summer release is realistic.

It also depends to some degree, on what they are doing, and how big the changes are. The more things get retooled, the longer it will take.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby fafhrd » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:07 pm

Koatanga wrote:Having said that, it'll be interesting to see how that pans out, given that if the raid wipes on the 2nd boss and bails, you are stuck with the first boss saved and then I presume you wouldn't be able to queue, or could only be placed with others who have also downed that boss.

They've already made it possible to merge into raids with the same bosses down on normal so the latter would probably work automatically. Maybe they'll also offer the option of "2/7 bosses down, do you want to join?" on the entry window so other people can decide to join inprogress runs (based on the raid ID of the person initiating the group).
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:48 pm

halabar wrote:It also depends to some degree, on what they are doing, and how big the changes are. The more things get retooled, the longer it will take.

I don't think there are major engine changes in the works (look! new water effects!), so with a pure "content" xpac, in theory development should be faster. We can hope, yes?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby yappo » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:16 pm

fafhrd wrote:
Koatanga wrote:Having said that, it'll be interesting to see how that pans out, given that if the raid wipes on the 2nd boss and bails, you are stuck with the first boss saved and then I presume you wouldn't be able to queue, or could only be placed with others who have also downed that boss.

They've already made it possible to merge into raids with the same bosses down on normal so the latter would probably work automatically. Maybe they'll also offer the option of "2/7 bosses down, do you want to join?" on the entry window so other people can decide to join inprogress runs (based on the raid ID of the person initiating the group).

Or they just make 7 queues. Add an option to join a more 'progressed queue' where you don't lose your position in your 'less progressed' queue if you decline.
yappo

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:50 am

Just have a checkbox that says whether you want in-progress runs to be included, and have it automatically checked when you're saved; the system would only let you in runs that were as progressed or more than your current save. They could make the accept/decline window pop up the list you usually get when you zone in to an in-progress, and let you stay in queue if you decline anything that had more bosses down than your own save.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby yappo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:01 am

Anothe side effect to the LFR is that we'll get the answer to: What were they thinking?

And I don't mean that question in a derogatory way. Simply as an evaluation, and most likely as a confirmation. Ten man raids are designed for A tanks, B healers and C dps, probably with a division into K ranged + L melee dps = C dps. Same for 25 man raids.
yappo

Postby oldboyz » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:33 am

Random Raid epic fail !!!

what Blizz need is to improve the already existing Raid windows...
it is almost no used by anyone for several reason :
-no one register because zero RaidLeader go there to pickup 1-2 missing guy (gogo spam /2)
-you can't go on an alt while you registered with an another toon
-you can't register in advance
-no stats with ilvl and boss down which would allow RL to easily pick the right guy (it should rank good players to motivate them and guarante them that the best available raid will choose them. Newcomers should recognize and group between themself, accepting chain wipe to learn)

if Blizz want more running raids to involve and retain more players, Blizz need to help the RaidLeaders, they are the key guys
today, as a 10RL, i cancel raid if we miss 3+ players. 2 random pickup is the max as it take time to find (and most of the time it is weaker player than my average raid). And when we are 15+ connected, i don't even lost 1 sec figuring if we can find enought ppl and go 25 (while i remimber i used to lead very large raid even with just a core guilde base of 20-30%, it was a time where random raiders were easy to find&group. Boss's strat were also a lot of more simplier :mrgreen: )

yappo wrote: Ten man raids are designed for A tanks, B healers and C dps, probably with a division into K ranged + L melee dps = C dps. Same for 25 man raids.

except that some boss need your raid to adapt and have a tank switch to dps
oldboyz

Postby yappo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:09 am

oldboyz wrote:
yappo wrote: Ten man raids are designed for A tanks, B healers and C dps, probably with a division into K ranged + L melee dps = C dps. Same for 25 man raids.

except that some boss need your raid to adapt and have a tank switch to dps

What is in reality the best approach doesn't correspond to 'how was it designed'. I'd be thoroughly surprised if the raids weren't designed around the concept that the players entering should be able to finish it without resorting to respeccing.

That it's probably a bad idea doing it is another matter :D
yappo

Postby Khanakazi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:25 pm

Might be interesting to see an *actual* MS/OS field in the LFR interface and have it prioritize more based on what your main spec is, rather than what the list is lacking at the time. have a prot/ret pally? tic MS tank, OS dps and land a role as tank. Frost/Blood DK? MS DPS, OS tank and actually get to DPS. ect.
this could also be combined with a way to alleviate the loot drama of OS needs and the subsequent QQ storm.

stumbling blocks would be just how effective is your OS relative to your MS, be it gear level or skill level, and it might just devolve into what we have with RDF at present. I queue in for tank/dps and 99.9995% of the time i get tank, same when i used to heal, the only way to get to dps is to solo queue as dps.

edit: clarity
Khanakazi

Postby Teranoid » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:11 pm

What I still cannot believe about the Raid Finder is after the pages and pages just on this site about how many terrible people they come across in the RDF that people are seriously considering using this.

Why would you even want to waste your time?
Teranoid

PreviousNext

Return to General