4.3 rumours on MMO Champ

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

4.3 rumours on MMO Champ

Postby yappo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:07 am

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/241 ... 9#comments

So, the biggie with next content patch.

Compared with WotLK they're skipping ToC, which arguably they should have skipped in WotLK as well :)

Still it ties in timewise. Assuming 4.3 in December they could have us running it for a year, with some kind of micro-raid later, just like in WotLK. That would mean this x-pac lacks pretty heavily on the number of encounters when compared with WotLK. Sure, Naxx was a revamp, but a lot of us had never seen the 40 man version. And it would also mean we'll see one tier-level less.

Everything assuming they'll stick to their Q4 X-pac releases.
yappo

Re: 4.3 rumours on MMO Champ

Postby Flex » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:25 am

as I mentioned in the transmogrifier thread...Deathwing is someone else's servant and Cho'gall was made more powerful by the spirit of C'thun so I'd wager another raiding instance.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Mukat » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:31 am

Is this a news post by Bibi? Could you transcribe it for the work-impaired?
Mukat

Postby thegreatheed » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:11 am

FYI, these aren't rumors, these are interviews done by the development team with other news sources. So this is real info.

mmochamp wrote:Patch 4.3 Interviews - Updated
Interviews keep hitting the web and we now know a few more things thanks to the interviews on Kotaku, Gamona.de, and Buffed.de!

New Raid
Deathwing raid will be the final raid of the expansion.
You will even get to ride on Deathwing's back during the fight, apparently to take him down over multiple phases.
The project for an Abyssal Maw is gone for the moment, the storyline wasn't convincing enough/fitting.

5-Man Instances
3 new 5-man instances will be added in this patch.
One of the instance will be in the Caverns of Time, for the War of the Ancients

Transmogrifier (Preview below)
The Transmogrifier NPC, which will let you change the appearance of any armor piece on you, while retaining the stats of your current gear. (= T12 stats, but with the Tier 2 look!)
Players won't be able to change the appearance of their armor into another armor type or class armor set, and you might have to own the armor before you can use it to swap the appearance of your existing armor.

Void Storage
The Void Storage is a new type of bank where players will be able to store their old armors in order to free up space in their regular bank.
It will hold 100-150 items. Anything stored there will lose all gems and enchantments.

Raid Finder
The Raid Finder will be introduced in Patch 4.3, it will work like the Dungeon Finder.

Darkmoon Faire
There will be a new Darkmoon Faire island with a bunch of new activities such as "Whack-a-Gnome"
thegreatheed

Postby sherck » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:25 am

Raid Finder
The Raid Finder will be introduced in Patch 4.3, it will work like the Dungeon Finder.

The new definition of FAIL.

This will be incredibly funny.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Shamora » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:31 am

yappo wrote:Still it ties in timewise. Assuming 4.3 in December they could have us running it for a year, with some kind of micro-raid later, just like in WotLK. That would mean this x-pac lacks pretty heavily on the number of encounters when compared with WotLK. Sure, Naxx was a revamp, but a lot of us had never seen the 40 man version. And it would also mean we'll see one tier-level less.

Everything assuming they'll stick to their Q4 X-pac releases.

According to the leaked and so far accurate time table, the next expansion would be out about 1 1/2 years after Cata. So this time next year we could be playing the expansion. Also we wouldn't have to suffer through another ICC where it is the only content for an entire year. I don't think anyone was happy with that situation.
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby Flex » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:32 am

How come no one mentions Black Temple as well? That shit was out for like [no]14[/no] 11 months before Sunwell was released and ICC was only 10 months.
Last edited by Flex on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:34 am

Flex wrote:How come no one mentions Black Temple as well? That shit was out for like 14 months before Sunwell was released and ICC was only 10 months.

Probably because ICC was a lot more accessible at the time than Black Temple was. (Also, for me, I started playing when BT was already out, so I was certainly didn't start paying attention to it until Wrath was almost upon us.)

Edit: And ICC was released December 7, 2009 (jesus) and we didn't get Cataclysm until December 7, 2010. So that's 12 months on the damn nose.
Last edited by Nikachelle on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Malthrax » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:36 am

sherck wrote:
Raid Finder

Cheers,

inorite?

I wonder how long the queue times will be for a DPS looking for hBoT...
Malthrax

Postby Mukat » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:52 am

Riding on Deathwing's back for the fight against him? So they ARE doing it kinda like the Sin fight on FFX? I'm kinda excited now, since that's how I wanted it done. He's so big, so we have to do stuff we've never done before to kill him.
Mukat

Postby Amirya » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:19 am

So I can't use the transmogrifier to make my tanking gear look like a Lovely Black Dress and bunny ears?

:cry:
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:22 am

So I can't use the transmogrifier to make my tanking gear look like a Lovely Black Dress and bunny ears?

No, but if you have a cloth wearer you could farm the Princess Leia Slave Girl outfit from AQ40...

Or you could just tank in cloth gear, prolly ok for noromal heroics, lol a clothadin tank :lol:
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Amirya » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:51 am

I remember the days of being a nakedin on demand.

I have a mage who is going to go Black Mageweave.

The priest is going with one of the blue sets whose name escapes me at the moment.

Warlock might go Red Mageweave.

Maybe the other mage will go slave girl.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Epimer » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:59 am

sherck wrote:
Raid Finder

Cheers,

No kidding. I'll be diving straight into this on an alt, with absolutely zero expectations of success. Worst case scenario, I get to witness some incredible scenes. Can't hurt.
Epimer

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:03 pm

RaidFinder should make BH easier to get done... no more sitting in town watching trade chat..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Next

Return to General