Remove Advertisements

Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby RedAces » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:06 am

I'd like to transmogrify my weapon to Thunderfury hoping it won't be destroyed in the process :D That would be epic!
RedAces

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:12 am

IF (always assuming this transmogrifier thing is what we think it is) it was possible to freely change the appearance of items to other stuff... would you REALLY like seeing 70% of the people running around in T2 with a thunderfury?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:16 am

Worldie wrote:IF (always assuming this transmogrifier thing is what we think it is) it was possible to freely change the appearance of items to other stuff... would you REALLY like seeing 70% of the people running around in T2 with a thunderfury?

You really think 70% of the people will manage to farm a TF?..

This kind of change could diminish future tier designs, unless they step up their game a bit.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby RedAces » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:18 am

No - but if you can only trans your items into other items you have - that would be (more?) fair.
RedAces

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:42 am

RedAces wrote:No - but if you can only trans your items into other items you have - that would be (more?) fair.

This seems like a reasonable least requirement.

Also: they could make the gear change appearances to just yourself. To everyone else, it looks like whatever it is.

This sidesteps the problem of silhouette identification, and gives people who WANT THEIR FUCKING BULWARK BACK their fucking Bulwarks. :D
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby RedAces » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:44 am

So making client-side model swapping legal? That would be a neat idea.
RedAces

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:44 am

Worldie wrote:IF (always assuming this transmogrifier thing is what we think it is) it was possible to freely change the appearance of items to other stuff... would you REALLY like seeing 70% of the people running around in T2 with a thunderfury?

Absolutely not. I don't want to see anyone wearing replica gear at all. I don't support recolours either, but I'd accept that a lot more over seeing someone in their fake gear just because they thought it was pretty.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:56 am

Nikachelle wrote:

Absolutely not. I don't want to see anyone wearing replica gear at all. I don't support recolours either, but I'd accept that a lot more over seeing someone in their fake gear just because they thought it was pretty.

I would go along with your sentiments Nika if Blizzard was in the habit of making new and interesting models for all the classes each tier. There is sadly at least 2 classes per tier that I look at and say "Seriously, WTFF were they thinking." I can completely understand people who are unhappy with their appearance.

Hell, as a Prot Paladin I was always irritable that warriors and or DK tanks could end up in a suit of armor that LOOKED like it went together. Prots were always wearing a belt and boots and bracers (thought rarely visible) that looked like they didn't belong. No matter how epic the raiding prot paladin is, no matter how many times over they kill H:Rags, A Prot Paladin is going to have to wear a healing belt and boots to make his set look "right".

And yes. Visuals are important to me. I essentially QUIT playing my very first level 70 after my 2nd or 3rd heroic when I got his legs and they looked awful. I'm not alone in thinking that aesthetics are important.

Don't think of it just as a "Vanity Old School" gear thing. Maybe you just really want to wear your T13 gear, but as usual the Pally is some crazy color and design that doesn't mesh with Dk / Warrior. So instead you are wearing your super awesome T13 blue paladin gear with a flaming orange warrior set tank belt, and violent red dk set tank boots. But! Then you win the plate healing Belt and boots. You walk over to the tmog guy and BLAM! Now you too can look super cool and not clashing.

For everything they did to make aesthetics better from the TBC paint fight to now, Paladin tanks (and to an extent ENH Shaman, and Feral Druids) get stuck wearing off set gear non tier piece item slot gear that looks FUGGING AWFUL with their tier gear.

Besides, this is all free range conjecture until we hear what it is all about.

Oh and @worldie.

If 70% of the populace has TFury, I might go punch a blizz employee.

/stomps off grumbling about 3+ wasted years of farming.
Shoju

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:00 pm

Hrobertgar wrote:I can only imagine how many people would farm AQ40 for the Leia Slave Girl Outfit (cloth chest, I forget the item name) if Transmogrification would actually go live.

Hahahahahah

For some reason I've had this outfit in my bags for years. (Wildheart boots btw)
Last edited by fuzzygeek on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:02 pm

Shoju wrote:If 70% of the populace has TFury, I might go punch a blizz employee.

/stomps off grumbling about 3+ wasted years of farming.

You'd be surprised of how common it is.

In my guild even some casters (who can't use it) have it. And it has been like that in every guild I joined since halfway in WotLK.
I thought TF was rare when I made mine, but I soon found out that everyone and their grandmom has it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:11 pm

My biggest gripe is that offset pieces are the exact same model as a tier piece or, as you said, another class' tier. The fact that they don't even recolour them now is a bit shocking, particularly since they have even less gear to create now that there is no difference between 10 and 25 man gear. I'm not so much concerned about matchy matchy colours, I'm more disturbed by hideous models. But, that being said, while I loved my T8 from Ulduar, I don't want to wear it forever - I'd get bored of it!

Actually, thinking about it all... I would be okay (and possibly happy) if you could create your OWN gear. Not have it morph into something that has already existed, but rather draw your own. That way it's unique to you (until someone copies you and you scream bloody murder) and it's not derived from pre-existing gear.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:22 pm

*Newfound respect for Fuzzygeek and interest in all her posts*

One or both those things could also just be to store appearances without eating up bag space, people have been asking for that for ages too.

Alternatively, it could mean nothing, blizzard has random funnily named NPCs that don't exist in-game in many screenshots. Maybe they just wanted a screenshot for Facebook and made that scene for it.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Flex » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Equipment Sets: Bunny

Mine is black mageweave, bunny ears, basket and flowers.

Equipment Sets: Playboy
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby culhag » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:50 pm

Nikachelle wrote:offset pieces

That made me think that we could finally match boots and belts with our sets by copying the holy pieces.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:57 pm

culhag wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:offset pieces

That made me think that we could finally match boots and belts with our sets by copying the holy pieces.

just one of the many advantages.
Shoju

PreviousNext

Return to General