Remove Advertisements

Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:53 am

Heal ranges? You can eyeball if you're close enough to a person and judge the difference between 40 and 45 yards? Or are you talking about something like our aoe heal and making sure people are close to you?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:56 am

Nikachelle wrote:Heal ranges? You can eyeball if you're close enough to a person and judge the difference between 40 and 45 yards? Or are you talking about something like our aoe heal and making sure people are close to you?

Both. Also my buttons change color when I get in range of someone I have targetted, but I have to see them to run in the right direction. :p
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:58 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Heal ranges? You can eyeball if you're close enough to a person and judge the difference between 40 and 45 yards? Or are you talking about something like our aoe heal and making sure people are close to you?

Both. Also my buttons change color when I get in range of someone I have targetted, but I have to see them to run in the right direction. :p

Oooo that's kinda neat.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:21 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

Oooo that's kinda neat.

I'm pretty sure that's built-in to the action bars so if you think that's kinda neat maybe you should look at your bars once in a while... <_<
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby cerwillis » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:25 am

I look at my screen to see positioning for range, healing rain and SLT positioning. I will also stand and watch dps to see if they will move out of stuff. I can then let them sweat a bit before I heal them if I know it's entirely avoidable. I don't go so far as to have nameplates up or mouseover macros, but I certainly couldn't heal with nothing but a 5x2 set of unitframes.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:32 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:Both. Also my buttons change color when I get in range of someone I have targetted, but I have to see them to run in the right direction. :p

Oooo that's kinda neat.

I'm pretty sure that's built-in to the action bars so if you think that's kinda neat maybe you should look at your bars once in a while... <_<

It might be, but it might've also been turned off somewhere. I find my bars do really bizarre things a lot of times (and I use the standard Blizzard bars). For example, when I'm tanking, often the judgment key will be lit up as if I'd pressed it and it was about to cast - but more often than not it's NOT been pressed and it still sits there, highlighted. (I'm going to laugh when this is some built in mechanic I've never noticed before...)

And I think you guys are pigeonholing me into a healing role here. I'm not saying I DON'T look up from Grid, obviously you can't heal properly if you don't know where people are standing, but there's nothing efficient about trying to find the tank in the middle of the melee pack and trying to select them based on what gear they are wearing.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Zalaria » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:44 am

Nikachelle wrote:It might be, but it might've also been turned off somewhere. I find my bars do really bizarre things a lot of times (and I use the standard Blizzard bars). For example, when I'm tanking, often the judgment key will be lit up as if I'd pressed it and it was about to cast - but more often than not it's NOT been pressed and it still sits there, highlighted. (I'm going to laugh when this is some built in mechanic I've never noticed before...)

Continuing the off-topic chat, I think the standard bars change the color of the binding when you're in and out of range. Most bar mods change the color of the whole button so it's more obvious (they also do things like blue-out the button if you don't have enough mana).

And I think the highlighting thing is a bug. I've noticed it too.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:45 am

cerwillis wrote:I look at my screen to see positioning for range, healing rain and SLT positioning. I will also stand and watch dps to see if they will move out of stuff. I can then let them sweat a bit before I heal them if I know it's entirely avoidable. I don't go so far as to have nameplates up or mouseover macros, but I certainly couldn't heal with nothing but a 5x2 set of unitframes.

this
Sabindeus

Postby Flex » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:45 am

Hilighting thing happens to me using Bartender and only for Holy Light.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:46 am

BACK TO GEAR YOU HEALERS!

Trying to figure out which Stalker set I should start farming for my hunters if a gear skinner does indeed show up on the ptr in a few weeks...

(and plotting the take-over of many AHs if you can swap more that BOAs via the Void to different realms..)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:46 am

Nikachelle wrote:And I think you guys are pigeonholing me into a healing role here. I'm not saying I DON'T look up from Grid, obviously you can't heal properly if you don't know where people are standing, but there's nothing efficient about trying to find the tank in the middle of the melee pack and trying to select them based on what gear they are wearing.

Sure, but I never said I did that. That doesn't reduce the important of having well recognizable gear sets.
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:47 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:And I think you guys are pigeonholing me into a healing role here. I'm not saying I DON'T look up from Grid, obviously you can't heal properly if you don't know where people are standing, but there's nothing efficient about trying to find the tank in the middle of the melee pack and trying to select them based on what gear they are wearing.

Sure, but I never said I did that. That doesn't reduce the important of having well recognizable gear sets.

CryptStalker will be very recognizable, even moreso because it won't change as gear is upgraded, I'll keep that look. (maybe demonstalker... need to go see how that looks on a orc and dwarf..)

halabar

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:50 am

Now, unrelated to healing, if you zone into a Random 5 man wearing what looks like T3, your teammates lose the ability to size you up instantly and know what content you've been through.

"but they can just inspect me!"

Sure but that is merely one feature of the entire experience that Blizzard has to consider here.
Sabindeus

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:56 am

For me, I would probably only keep my weapon the same look if possible. I like seeing new armor, when it isn't ugly.

But seriously though. If you are worried about being able to distinguish who is who based on gear,

How do you distinguish mage from warlock?

or

blood / UH / 2h Frost / Arms / Ret

or

resto from Ele?

There are already a lot of classes that can look almost exactly the same.

@Sab.
That would be the purpose of "own it to use". And under that type of system, if you zone in to a 5 man wearing full t3? Chances are you don't suck. At least... not on my server, where pugging Naxx at 70 was still a challenge.
Shoju

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:58 am

Sabindeus wrote:Now, unrelated to healing, if you zone into a Random 5 man wearing what looks like T3, your teammates lose the ability to size you up instantly and know what content you've been through.

"but they can just inspect me!"

Sure but that is merely one feature of the entire experience that Blizzard has to consider here.

True. But I generally don't look at their gear now anyway, because EVERYONE LOOKS THE SAME. 90% of lvl 85 hunters now have 2 of the same 5 weapons equipped. Exciting diversity it ain't.

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General