Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Well i remember on Aion you could change the appearance to an item to the one of another one, but you needed a pretty costy mat, and the "source" item would be destroyed in the process.

So if you wanted your shield to always look like Bulwark of Azzinoth, you'd need to get a new bulwark everytime you get a new shield.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:02 am

Oh yeah I remember that mechanic!

Pretty neat in fact!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Passionario » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:39 am

Random guess: the Transmogrifyer is a Horadric Cube in NPC form.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:45 am

Passionario wrote:Random guess: the Transmogrifyer is a Horadric Cube in NPC form.

Brb getting Wirt's leg
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:49 am

Hmm. If this is about cross-realm movement of BoA items, perhaps it's a vendor that allows you to exchange heirlooms of the same slot for different types?
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:03 am

Worldie wrote:
Passionario wrote:Random guess: the Transmogrifyer is a Horadric Cube in NPC form.

Brb getting Wirt's leg

dont forget the tome of town portal

why go halfway to the cow level when you can take over Thunder Bluff!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby bldavis » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:03 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Hmm. If this is about cross-realm movement of BoA items, perhaps it's a vendor that allows you to exchange heirlooms of the same slot for different types?

i would love that!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:17 am

bldavis wrote:
Worldie wrote:

Brb getting Wirt's leg

dont forget the tome of town portal

why go halfway to the cow level when you can take over Thunder Bluff!

Wirt's leg + Portal = ???

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:38 am

Worldie wrote:Wirt's leg + Portal = ???

SCIENCE!

Next thing we know, the FOrsaken build an freakin' zombie of sorts that manages the whole Undercity, before needing to add a morality core after it flooded the Undercity with a deadly plague, to make it stop flooding the Undercity with a deadly plague, so get comfortable while it warms up the plague preaders.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Orthien » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:19 am

The easiest fix for the PvP silhouette issue is just to have PvP gear un-morgrifiable. I would assume you would need to have the original to make a something look like it but I hope it does not destroy it or you could never copy anything that's no longer in the game.
Orthien

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:24 am

If the item doesnt get destroyed or doesn't require a very hard to get reagent / very high money cost, then the whole "look" of people would be fucked as everyone would be changing their gear.

It just wouldn't make sense to make it a easy-to-use feature.

If you put a high price (either gold, reagent, or the item itself), people will think about it 10 times before changing the look of an item.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Hrobertgar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:19 am

What if the 'destruction' required only a current item model rather than an original item model.

Say you liked having a Lvl 60 epic whatever (probably wouldn't destroy an actual legendary) you could transmogrify its model to a lvl 85 version, destroying the lvl 60 original in the process. Then when you get a T13 piece you Transmogrify your Trans-T12 into the T13 thus retaining the model while destroying the previously modified piece. So you would only ever have 1 item of that model type per original that you sourced, but you could adjust which item it was.

Alternatively sawpping item models works if the gold cost (either in gold, or in units of vendor/farmable reagent) is related to iLvL. A scaled cost would even allow lower level players to adjsut their gear models. Currently, reforging is related to item vendor value so that is a potential economic model for them to follow for Transmogrification.

I can only imagine how many people would farm AQ40 for the Leia Slave Girl Outfit (cloth chest, I forget the item name) if Transmogrification would actually go live.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:32 am

Some thoughts.

Transmorgrification or however you spell it
If transmogging is added to the game, and it allows you to make changes to the appearance of gear, The loical solution for 'costing' an item would be to consume the item that you are going to take the stats 'from'. So, if i wanted to for some reason make my Akirus the Wyrm Breaker look like my Warmaul of Infused Light it would consume My Akirus, and not my Warmaul. At least, that's how I see it working.

Honestly, there are very few time that I would transmog my gear. In TBC, I liked T4 kinda, and T6, but hated T5. In Wotlk I loathed T7, loved T8, wanted to burn T9, and liked T10, in Cata, I hated Paladin T11, but loved my DK T11 and T12. So, out of 8 Tiers, I would only have Tmogg'd 4 sets of gear.

On the other hand, I'm a big weapon guy, and Tmog-ing weapons would be REALLY cool, and something that as a DK who looks at NPC DK's who have names for their weapons, and bonds with their weapons, something I am 100% totally all about.

Void Storage
I have 2 hopes for this storage, but I'm sure at least 1 hope will be crushed.

1.) Personal Vault. How many people have a bank alt with a guild bank? I have 2 on my main server, and 1 each on 2 other servers. Think of Void storages as a personal vault that all of your characters can access on the same server. It would need a large cost (10k sounds good, or 1k per character to access) Allow it to "store" your gold as well, and you are set.

2.) Cross Realm BoA transfer. Allowing Cross realm BoA transfer could also be facilitated through this service.

I would limit the amount of things that could be sent to only BOA heirloom items, non combat pets, and mounts? if needed. Opening it to all BoA items means faction enchants, CTA satchels, etc... would be able to be sent, and I think that is a bad idea.
Shoju

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:53 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Another issue with the idea of cosmetic changes to gear: Recognisability.

They're comitted to having recognisable silhouettes for races. Another part of that is having classes recognisable by their gear sets. In PvP especially, it's often pretty easy to recognise a character's class from the way they look. Being able to tell the gear level matters, too - there are noticable differences in appearance between players at varying gear levels in both PvP and PvE.

Does Blizzard want people to have the ability to totally hide themselves inside armor that looks nothing like what they're actually wearing?

So it only works on PVE gear?.. simple solution.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:18 am

WILD SPECULATION
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

PreviousNext

Return to General