Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Era » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:04 am

Thanks for the sword suggestion! I prefer using swords, and that's a pretty cool match. Will definitely acquire it.
As for the shield: http://www.wowhead.com/item=110044/ogre-dinner-plate
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby culhag » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:08 pm

Stormwake should work well with it too !
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby valura » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:18 am

Era wrote:Thanks for the sword suggestion! I prefer using swords, and that's a pretty cool match. Will definitely acquire it.
As for the shield: http://www.wowhead.com/item=110044/ogre-dinner-plate

Thanks a lot, Era :)

Like you I also prefer swords over axes or maces. I am kinda stuck on the whole vanilla/TBC "Sword and Board" principle, only then could you really be a tank. Maces were healer sticks and axes were for rogues and shammies :P
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (100) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (100) Prot | Arishem (100) Frost | Hashishin (96) Combat | Maurgane (91) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (81) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (97) Destro | Dejiko (51) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (55) BM | Xiaohongquan (80) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:02 pm

I'm also partial to swords, but that's mainly because the vast majority of axe and mace models really suck, while there are so many viable sword options it's silly. Also because I have Teebu's Blazing Longsword which is good just from the rarity aspect.

The only time I've gone with a mace if my green "scarab" set:

Although I do quite like this hammer even if it's a bit overused.:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=11684/ironfoe#screenshots:id=243797
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Cutesy, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Arnock » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:10 pm

It's a bit cliche, but this is what I'm rocking with my tank set.

I still haven't managed to get the t2 chest to drop, so I'm masking it with a silvermoon tabard.

What would be a decent cloak that would match this set?

Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Worldie » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:27 am

For red/golden sets I've always been a fan of the A'lar cloak, Phoenix Wing something iirc
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arnock » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:47 pm

Do you know of anything that might have a red/gold/green scheme to match the shield?
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Worldie » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:13 pm

That's a very unique color pattern that I don't think exists in cloaks.

The only ones I can think that can "match" it are this and this
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:23 pm

Netherwane Cloak goes with everything http://www.wowhead.com/item=59395/netherwane-cloak
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:11 pm

Haha that's true I used it for several tmogs :D

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby valura » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:46 am

I would recommend Cloak of the Shrouded Mists which happens to drop from Ragnaros. It's a nice long (though not ankle-long) white cloak with a nice golden trim. It's subtle and matches the set quite nicely imho.
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (100) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (100) Prot | Arishem (100) Frost | Hashishin (96) Combat | Maurgane (91) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (81) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (97) Destro | Dejiko (51) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (55) BM | Xiaohongquan (80) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:09 am

Any weapon and transmog set suggestions for the Earthbound Shield: http://www.wowhead.com/item=116386/earthbound-shield&bonus=0?

I feel like I need to build a set around this thing for some reason.
jere

Postby valura » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:53 am

jere wrote:Any weapon and transmog set suggestions for the Earthbound Shield: http://www.wowhead.com/item=116386/earthbound-shield&bonus=0?

Might I suggest the following set:

Imho these are the only two sets that are both reasonably easy to obtain, and have the purple hue in the set.
Bohica (100) BM

valura
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:05 am

Thanks!
I do have the T5 set (actually currently wearing it, though I let a couple new pieces fall by the transmog wayside), but the shield feels much darker than the T5 set in general. Maybe if I had a matching weapon so the shield wasn't the only "dark" piece. I'll see what I can do about the justicar set. I don't have that one, but it shouldn't be hard to farm.
jere

Postby Era » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:42 pm

jere wrote:Any weapon and transmog set suggestions for the Earthbound Shield: http://www.wowhead.com/item=116386/earthbound-shield&bonus=0?

Not exactly the same shade either, but a cool option if you can get it:

Closer shade, and a decent set if you can find some better-looking shoulderplates:

Something built around the revenant green item plate set perhaps:

As for weapons, some of these might work (most of them have several items with same model, if one of them proves difficult to get ahold of):

Gatecrasher:

Lion's Maw:

Sageblade:

Bloodsurge:

Firethorn:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby jere » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:43 pm

Thanks! That gives me more to play around with.
jere

Postby Koatanga » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:34 pm

I'm not really into the way the horde-style "aged" gear fits with the Mr Roboto clean look of T17. Even the revenant lacks sufficient gouges and nicks to fit with the shield.

You might consider the ilvl 610 Oathsworn gear (shown here with shield):
http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=11 ... 9800:71454
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Cutesy, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Era » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:46 am

Koatanga wrote:I'm not really into the way the horde-style "aged" gear fits with the Mr Roboto clean look of T17. Even the revenant lacks sufficient gouges and nicks to fit with the shield.

You might consider the ilvl 610 Oathsworn gear (shown here with shield):
http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=11 ... 9800:71454

Good idea! That looks pretty sweet!
Era

Postby Daeva001 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:56 pm

Unfortunately, the Oathsworn set is only obtainable by warriors, as it's their Salvage Yard set. Paladins are out of luck there.
Daeva001

Postby Era » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:35 pm

Nothing too creative, but I actually like this set quite a bit.

Era

Postby Era » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:18 am

Era

Postby Shoju » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:10 pm

So, I've been going through WoWhead, just cruising the DK Armor Sets, and the Ogreskull set was pretty awesome. Cyclopean Dread looks like you shoot lazers from your shoulders, Lost Catacomb looks interesting, The Tyrannical Gladiators Desecration might have made be PvP, But the rest of it was pretty "Meh".
Shoju

Postby halabar » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:42 am

So the tmog changes.. assuming it's bound to you, it's auto-learned, and is available account-wide. Gonna be good for you guys that have sets going way way back lost on alts on other servers. Also going to be interesting for tmog sales..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:57 am

It was by fucking time (tm) honestly. Pretty much every other MMO already is on that transmog system since years.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:19 am

I just wish they'd make the transmog update happen NOW and not next year. I have WAY WAY too much transmog gear lying around. My banks and storages and bags and everywhere is just brimming with transmog gear. :(

On topic: Race changed. Sorry Worldie, female tauren didn't happen. Couldn't do it.
PvP set transmog, enjoying some ICC nostalgia. BOOOONESTOOORM. Divine Bonestorm, of course.

Era

PreviousNext

Return to General