Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Brute » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:15 pm

Klaudandus wrote:I think its pretty sad that many of the gear is so over the top in the latest expacs that they're utterly atrocious? I keep trying to come up with xmog sets and I keep going back to my old set http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=1350

I agree, many of the tier sets are just... weird and ugly. I started doing BC raid for rep and discovered that Tier 6 paladin is really, really good looking. I finished it with the Cape of the Unworthy Wizard (PERFECT compliment to T6) and Armageddon (could be better but it's pretty cool in its own right) from Nax 25.

I was going to go T4, and I still may for prot gear, but the glove/helm token hasn't dropped yet from Kara. Amusingly enough, Gruul dropped both a 1h sword and the ALD for me at the same time that go great with each other and T4.
Brute

Postby Era » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:54 pm

I do love the older sets, but there's been some good ones among the newer ones as well. For paladin, I particularly like heroic Firelands, heroic Dragon Soul and the challenge mode set. Don't think I'll change out of the CM set for a looooong while!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby culhag » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:28 pm

The Mad Crusader !

culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:10 pm

Love it! Also, thank you for bringing some life back into my favourite thread.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Era » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:56 am

This thread deserves new life now that the character models have been revamped!

While I love the Challenge Mode sets, it's a fairly boring transmog as far as originality goes. However, I really feel like this polearm model goes well with the set (and the humongousness of being a Tauren).

Era

Postby culhag » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:44 pm

People generally agree that I'm the best looking Dwarf.

culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:31 pm

For the most part I still look pretty good, but they messed up the bikini top big time.

Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Era » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:52 am

culhag wrote:People generally agree that I'm the best looking Dwarf.

Your beard is very full.

Koatanga wrote:For the most part I still look pretty good, but they messed up the bikini top big time.

But it offers more protection now, right? :D
Era

Postby culhag » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:14 am

Looking at it now, it looks like the weight at the end of my beard could be dangerous for my private parts. -_-'
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:39 am

culhag wrote:Looking at it now, it looks like the weight at the end of my beard could be dangerous for my private parts. -_-'

Advantage: Dwarf, right? Small feet, small... Well, you know. Beard might miss!
Era

Postby Nooska » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:25 am

Isn't that waht the armor is for?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Jabari » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:27 pm

Disclaimer: I'm bad at mog - certainly open to suggestions for anything, especially on weapons that would match better. :)

Shaman:
- Resto: HoF/ToES LFR, looks great for a Tauren. Staff is a Swamp of Sorrows quest reward.
- Ele: Dark Shamans mog set.

Hunter:
- Ulduar 25 set, crafted boots from that instance. Bonus amazing tamed Clefthoof - ROAR!

Warrior:
- Arms: HoF/ToES LFR - love the bronze color, this set is awesome. Weapon is from Normal Lei-Shen.
- Prot: "Wooden Troll Plate" - stuff I bought with JP from Shattrath vendors. Some of the pieces have purple tints and some don't, I'm going to have to fix that at some point. Sword/Shield are from ZG (the original 15-man one, tyvm *laugh*).

Priest:
- Shadow: Normal ToT. Looks nice to me in shadowform (with glyph), the green glow is still there.
- Disc: These were from the Northern Barrens event. I think you can get that same pattern somewhere else but not sure where. I really, really regret not buying a Challenge Mode carry for this one - the CM priest set looks amazing on a panda female. :(

Druid:
- Resto: Ulduar 10-man. (The color on the 25-man is awful)
- Balance: ToT LFR. Spider-shoulders FTW! Not sure I like the new Glyph of Stars effect, though.

Warlock:
- I bought the Hibernal Robe long, long ago, and had very little luck putting together a look I liked with it. Recently found some of the old PvP vendors, and put this together for it. Shoulder/Gloves are S14(?) PvP, belt is ToT normal. Weapon/offhand are just SoO stuff, I need to find something decent for those. I'm actually finally happy with the main look though - I didn't think I'd ever get anything decent to match with the great dress.

Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Koatanga » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Era wrote:
Koatanga wrote:For the most part I still look pretty good, but they messed up the bikini top big time.

But it offers more protection now, right? :D

The rule of female fantasy armor is that the armor class is inversely proportional to the amount of skin covered. So in this case no, it offers less protection.
Koatanga

Postby Era » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:30 pm

Those are really nice sets, Jabari! Well done! I agree that the bronze warrior set is awesome, especially with your troll's orange hair. Out of curiosity, are those old screenshots, or did you decide to keep using the old character models?

Koatanga wrote:The rule of female fantasy armor is that the armor class is inversely proportional to the amount of skin covered. So in this case no, it offers less protection.

Ahh, shame on me, I forgot about that!
Sadly, I have a feeling there won't be a fix for it anytime soon. :(
Era

Postby Koatanga » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Yeah whoever did the redesign was clearly an ass man.
Koatanga

PreviousNext

Return to General