Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Newsom » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Just tried transmogging on the PTR and you can totally mog axes to maces or swords, main hand to one hand works as well! :D
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Koatanga » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:54 pm

Newsom wrote:Just tried transmogging on the PTR and you can totally mog axes to maces or swords, main hand to one hand works as well! :D


Mixed feelings here. While I love the flexibility of it all, my Teebu's Blazing Longsword will become a commonplace mog from a dungeon drop.

I'm using a look mostly based on looking great, but also enjoyed because of the rarity of the pieces. The Vanguard set is very hard to farm, and Teebu's is pretty darned exclusive.

I like that some exclusive looks are extremely difficult and/or expensive to have. It's one of the few challenges left in the game.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga
 
Posts: 1665
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Newsom » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Huh? How does being able to mog an axe into a sword change that?
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:16 pm

Yeah seriously.

Did they reconsider on the GM Claymore yet?
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 6043
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:56 pm

Koatanga wrote:
Newsom wrote:Just tried transmogging on the PTR and you can totally mog axes to maces or swords, main hand to one hand works as well! :D


Mixed feelings here. While I love the flexibility of it all, my Teebu's Blazing Longsword will become a commonplace mog from a dungeon drop.

I'm using a look mostly based on looking great, but also enjoyed because of the rarity of the pieces. The Vanguard set is very hard to farm, and Teebu's is pretty darned exclusive.

I like that some exclusive looks are extremely difficult and/or expensive to have. It's one of the few challenges left in the game.


Yeah, but so many of those rare models are unusable currently due to the dearth of weapon choices. A lot of the old MH models can't be used currently.

This will greatly improve choices.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Newsom » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:14 am

Exactly. It was a pretty stupid restriction to begin with, though I think it was mostly because many MH weapons didn't have OH models and it'd be weird for dual wielding.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:41 am

If I were playing, I would go back to wearing T12 (normal, not heroic) while Dual Wielding Great Sword of Horrid Dreams for DPS, and using my Troll Wood Plate with Skull/Spine Mace for tanking all the time.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:48 am

Shoju wrote:while Dual Wielding Great Sword of Horrid Dreams for DPS

I loved that weapon. I remember the first time I saw it I was like "oh wowwwwww".
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8400
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Era » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:03 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Shoju wrote:while Dual Wielding Great Sword of Horrid Dreams for DPS

I loved that weapon. I remember the first time I saw it I was like "oh wowwwwww".


I remember keeping that sword on a bank alt for ages just because of the skin, and then when transmogrification arrived I was overjoyed that I had saved it - And then equally frustrated when I couldn't because of MH restrictions. :(

Will definitely pick it up again should I return to WoW at some point.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway/Japan

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:50 am

I tanked with that sword for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. I even used it at times simply because I loved the model after I had better weapons (and the content was heroic Pugs where threat wasn't an issue.)

When I main changed to Onisu, I went back and did lots of the old stuff for achieves, and then later for mogging. I had always held out hope that they would allow what they are doing now, and saved it for that very reason.

It's probably one of my fav Sword Models in the game. Simplistic, but very cool. There is a 2h'd model of it that you can get from the Botanica. If I were a Warrior, I'd probably have both models so that I could go Fury, and people would never know if I were Titan's Grip, or SMF. Sort of like the Silver-Edged Axe (2h'd) and the Axe of the Judgement Day use the same model, but are 1h'd/2h'd models.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:52 am

Oh maybe I'm thinking of the 2H. I don't remember it being only for one hand.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8400
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby halabar » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:55 am

Shoju wrote:If I were playing, I would go back to wearing T12 (normal, not heroic) while Dual Wielding Great Sword of Horrid Dreams for DPS, and using my Troll Wood Plate with Skull/Spine Mace for tanking all the time.


Did you see they are also bringing back the old ZA and ZG gear that was made unavailable when those raids were converted to 5-mans?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:01 am

halabar wrote:
Shoju wrote:If I were playing, I would go back to wearing T12 (normal, not heroic) while Dual Wielding Great Sword of Horrid Dreams for DPS, and using my Troll Wood Plate with Skull/Spine Mace for tanking all the time.


Did you see they are also bringing back the old ZA and ZG gear that was made unavailable when those raids were converted to 5-mans?

Whoa really? Where/how?

I ticketed a GM last expansion trying to get my old ZA shield back (I even tried to offer him screenshot proof I'd had it) but they refused. :(
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8400
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Archeth » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:04 am

They do? I really wanted the Tuskbreaker gun on my hunter, ran ZA almost every lockout before they turned it into a heroic, but that thing was a chest reward and never dropped for me. I got pretty much everything else I wanted, although not necessarily on every alt. The recolors they added to the heroic ended up being kind of ugly though.
Image
Archeth
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 4:14 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby twinkfist » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:15 am

halabar wrote:
Shoju wrote:If I were playing, I would go back to wearing T12 (normal, not heroic) while Dual Wielding Great Sword of Horrid Dreams for DPS, and using my Troll Wood Plate with Skull/Spine Mace for tanking all the time.


Did you see they are also bringing back the old ZA and ZG gear that was made unavailable when those raids were converted to 5-mans?


that is so freaking awesome. jin'rokh...zin'rokh..whatever the one was called from the ZA 10 man...i loved that thing...could never get it to drop. that and the 1h mace for tanking.

i personally love the gladiator's gavel...the white rock on a stick...thinking about getting that for my warrior as well...going dual-wield. actually, if i stay titans grip...dual-wielding the burning crusader looks awesome sheathed on your back.
User avatar
twinkfist
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:02 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby halabar » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:30 am

They are doing it similar to what they did at the beginning of Panda. The old models are being brought back as green drops and/or quest rewards. Wowhead has an article on it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby twinkfist » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:34 am

excellent, excellent, excellent. kicking myself because i picked the 1h sword from that starting quest instead of the one that looks like reckoning from the crusader of crap instance. didn't make that mistake on my warrior.

i'm too lazy to go to northrend...but did try to 2-man 25 man faction champions for that 2h axe...f that.
User avatar
twinkfist
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:02 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Shoju » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:36 am

Nikachelle wrote:Oh maybe I'm thinking of the 2H. I don't remember it being only for one hand.


2h'er is from Warp Splinter in Botanica
1h'er is from Murmur in Slabs

Some other Main Hand Weapons I'm curious to see in use.

Spine of a Thousand Cuts (if you were lucky enough to see it drop in DS)
Seethe (because blue is awesome)
The Turning Tide
Maw of the Dragonlord (I think that's be pretty awesome on a DW DK,
Twilight's Hammer
Andoros Fist of the Dragon King
Glorious Scepter

And I'm curious. Does anyone have a Supposed Mace, or a Skullstone Hammer? It looks like a Monkey Wrench? I'm curious if it is moggable. Would be a pretty cool Engineer themed Mog.

Goggles,
Armor that looks like it could be in or from a junkyard
That mace
And one of the Scrap Metal Shields that looks pieces together, or a Force Reactive Disk.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Newsom » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:43 am

twinkfist wrote:excellent, excellent, excellent. kicking myself because i picked the 1h sword from that starting quest instead of the one that looks like reckoning from the crusader of crap instance. didn't make that mistake on my warrior.

i'm too lazy to go to northrend...but did try to 2-man 25 man faction champions for that 2h axe...f that.


Sorry to disappoint but they're bringing back old troll models (ZG/ZA), not ToC ones.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby halabar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:54 am

Newsom wrote:
twinkfist wrote:excellent, excellent, excellent. kicking myself because i picked the 1h sword from that starting quest instead of the one that looks like reckoning from the crusader of crap instance. didn't make that mistake on my warrior.

i'm too lazy to go to northrend...but did try to 2-man 25 man faction champions for that 2h axe...f that.


Sorry to disappoint but they're bringing back old troll models (ZG/ZA), not ToC ones (because they already did them).


Fixed.

They already brought back the ToC ones. The first quest green weapons on the Alliance gunship were ToC models. My hunter has the one that's the same model as the BRK-1000. Allthough I don't think they did them all.

Wowhead had an article on it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby twinkfist » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:32 pm

yeah, i meant that when i saw the TOC models i was pretty happy and then passed on the 2h sword because i'm an idiot. picked the 1h sword that is red. now i have to go to TOC 10 man to get that sword on my pally.

i like the 2h axe from that place...but getting people that want to go there is a pain.

went to black temple on my pally for the first time since BC to see what i could get. jack sh!t.
User avatar
twinkfist
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:02 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Shoju » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:18 pm

A friend asked me to design a set for his fresh 90 Troll Monk.

Probably not Monk enough but definitely screams "I'm A FREAKING TROLL!"

EDIT:
Once he is done being mad, I'll send him This set and tell him to pick one.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Gab » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:23 am

Need a little help. I really like the look of Swiftsteel Shoulders but it has been difficult putting together a matching set. I think I'm pretty close to where I want it.

I'm trying to find some boots and possibly a belt (although the judgement one seems to be a decent fit) to bring the set together. Current boots are just too gold, looking for something slick/minimalist as a replacement.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azgalor/Gabora/advanced

Thoughts? I could change the legs/hands as well I suppose but I kinda like the Grimscale legs and the fingerless gloves.
User avatar
Gab
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:54 am
Location: Wish you were here

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Newsom » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:57 am

halabar wrote:They already brought back the ToC ones. The first quest green weapons on the Alliance gunship were ToC models. My hunter has the one that's the same model as the BRK-1000. Allthough I don't think they did them all.

Wowhead had an article on it.


The reason they brought some of them back was because they became unavailable when they removed the attempt based tribute chests. You can still get all the other models from there by just running the raid.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:28 am

Gab wrote:Need a little help. I really like the look of Swiftsteel Shoulders but it has been difficult putting together a matching set. I think I'm pretty close to where I want it.

I'm trying to find some boots and possibly a belt (although the judgement one seems to be a decent fit) to bring the set together. Current boots are just too gold, looking for something slick/minimalist as a replacement.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azgalor/Gabora/advanced

Thoughts? I could change the legs/hands as well I suppose but I kinda like the Grimscale legs and the fingerless gloves.


Here are some boots I would check IN GAME because the colors of the model viewer get weird on gold sets.

1.) Blues Greaves of the Righteous Gaurdian.
The question here will be is the gold gold enough, and are the accents too distracting.

2.) Vicious Gladiator's Greaves of Alacrity.
The question here is simply, do the colors match you armor. Looks like a good choice, maybe.

3.) Lawbringer Boots.
A long shot. I don't think they'll match.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest