Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby benebarba » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:12 am

I can account for at least one tank who'll wield a Northshire Battlemace. That thing is dead sexy on the purple judgement recolor transmog set I've got set up... which I have to remember to actually mog back into :P
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby twinkfist » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:44 am

i did hyjal again last night trying to get cataclysm's edge. that sword did not drop...but got the rotating pink disaster from trash again.

Vendored it for about the 3rd time.

i really didn't use that many weapons for tanking as prot...i think all told it was three of them. that crystal sword thing, the merciless glad gavel and then the pink rotating mace.

then i went ret and now i tank heroics to get into a que faster. don't even tank lfr anymore.
User avatar
twinkfist
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:02 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:08 am

pfft...tempest of chaos > swirly purple mace.
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1137
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby twinkfist » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:47 am

i've never seen tempest of chaos or cataclysm's edge...when i did it in bc or when i run it now for transmog purposes.

and that's not just on my paladin either...going there on my warrior too...and yet to see it on that toon either.

that being said...love pissing off the two druids i know that have been trying to get that thing since bc. i've had to vendor it around 5 or 6 times.

we all make it a point to tell each other when we vendor things.
User avatar
twinkfist
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:02 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:19 am

Anyone build a nice set around the Pandaren hat? So far I've got this:
Image

I may have to give up Awesome Tabard :(

I'm hoping we get something nice in T16 (assuming it's final tier) for the traditional figureprint.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3447
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Maat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:35 am

I recently discovered Mogit, so I had to mess with it! I'd always thought the Klaxxi tabard had really nice colors, so I thought I'd make something of it. Sadly I don't own any of the pieces used, but they're attainable and would be a nice change of color from the Sunwell White Knight look.

Now if only I could persuade all the warriors/DKs to let me have a Scimitar for "research purposes"...

Image
User avatar
Maat
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:48 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:35 am

Not bad~
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9384
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Era » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:35 am

That's a very nice look, love the sea-green & gold combination!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1461
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway/Japan

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:57 am

Quite a good set indeed. Go get it!
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Maat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:11 pm

I'd love to but haha, man what a raid shopping list...

shoulder-LFR Ambershaper
glove-LFR Tsulong
cloak-25 Freya
shield-H25 ToTC Beasts (I never got that shield when it was current, either)
boots-H25 Zon'ozz

blarg! there's not really any substitutes that look "right" either. I was really going for the gradient darkening aesthetic from head to toe on the armor pieces too. The way that the pants transform the tabard into an overshirt is just badass though.
User avatar
Maat
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:48 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:50 pm

Playing around with tmog sets for my hunter again...

Image

Not happy with the gloves. Don't see anything in Mogit that matches, while still having full gloves. (I hate dwarven hands showing). May need to go back to my other dark set.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Newsom » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:55 pm

I'm quite happy with how this turned out:

Image

Not 100% sure about the sword, but since I refuse to wear anything that won't sheathe to my back it'll have to do.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:26 pm

Newsom wrote:I'm quite happy with how this turned out:

Image

Not 100% sure about the sword, but since I refuse to wear anything that won't sheathe to my back it'll have to do.


Yeah, you need a different sword. Have you considered axes or maces? There should be some 1-H axes that back sheathe.

Also brings up the point about the tmog rules being loosened.. might give a lot more options, especially in the 1-H department.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Newsom » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:32 pm

halabar wrote:Yeah, you need a different sword. Have you considered axes or maces? There should be some 1-H axes that back sheathe.

Also brings up the point about the tmog rules being loosened.. might give a lot more options, especially in the 1-H department.


Well, since I'm using a sword at the moment that's what I have to roll with for another few months. I've been trying to get The Unbreakable Will but it refuses to drop.

It'll be nice to have the option of using MH weapons once the patch hits, though!
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:06 pm

Newsom wrote:
halabar wrote:Yeah, you need a different sword. Have you considered axes or maces? There should be some 1-H axes that back sheathe.

Also brings up the point about the tmog rules being loosened.. might give a lot more options, especially in the 1-H department.


Well, since I'm using a sword at the moment that's what I have to roll with for another few months. I've been trying to get The Unbreakable Will but it refuses to drop.

It'll be nice to have the option of using MH weapons once the patch hits, though!


I cant wait for 5.2 so i can use http://www.wowhead.com/item=45990#. =P
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9384
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Newsom » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Just tried transmogging on the PTR and you can totally mog axes to maces or swords, main hand to one hand works as well! :D
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Koatanga » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:54 pm

Newsom wrote:Just tried transmogging on the PTR and you can totally mog axes to maces or swords, main hand to one hand works as well! :D


Mixed feelings here. While I love the flexibility of it all, my Teebu's Blazing Longsword will become a commonplace mog from a dungeon drop.

I'm using a look mostly based on looking great, but also enjoyed because of the rarity of the pieces. The Vanguard set is very hard to farm, and Teebu's is pretty darned exclusive.

I like that some exclusive looks are extremely difficult and/or expensive to have. It's one of the few challenges left in the game.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Newsom » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Huh? How does being able to mog an axe into a sword change that?
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:16 pm

Yeah seriously.

Did they reconsider on the GM Claymore yet?
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 6047
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:56 pm

Koatanga wrote:
Newsom wrote:Just tried transmogging on the PTR and you can totally mog axes to maces or swords, main hand to one hand works as well! :D


Mixed feelings here. While I love the flexibility of it all, my Teebu's Blazing Longsword will become a commonplace mog from a dungeon drop.

I'm using a look mostly based on looking great, but also enjoyed because of the rarity of the pieces. The Vanguard set is very hard to farm, and Teebu's is pretty darned exclusive.

I like that some exclusive looks are extremely difficult and/or expensive to have. It's one of the few challenges left in the game.


Yeah, but so many of those rare models are unusable currently due to the dearth of weapon choices. A lot of the old MH models can't be used currently.

This will greatly improve choices.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Newsom » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:14 am

Exactly. It was a pretty stupid restriction to begin with, though I think it was mostly because many MH weapons didn't have OH models and it'd be weird for dual wielding.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:41 am

If I were playing, I would go back to wearing T12 (normal, not heroic) while Dual Wielding Great Sword of Horrid Dreams for DPS, and using my Troll Wood Plate with Skull/Spine Mace for tanking all the time.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:48 am

Shoju wrote:while Dual Wielding Great Sword of Horrid Dreams for DPS

I loved that weapon. I remember the first time I saw it I was like "oh wowwwwww".
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Era » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:03 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Shoju wrote:while Dual Wielding Great Sword of Horrid Dreams for DPS

I loved that weapon. I remember the first time I saw it I was like "oh wowwwwww".


I remember keeping that sword on a bank alt for ages just because of the skin, and then when transmogrification arrived I was overjoyed that I had saved it - And then equally frustrated when I couldn't because of MH restrictions. :(

Will definitely pick it up again should I return to WoW at some point.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1461
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway/Japan

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:50 am

I tanked with that sword for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. I even used it at times simply because I loved the model after I had better weapons (and the content was heroic Pugs where threat wasn't an issue.)

When I main changed to Onisu, I went back and did lots of the old stuff for achieves, and then later for mogging. I had always held out hope that they would allow what they are doing now, and saved it for that very reason.

It's probably one of my fav Sword Models in the game. Simplistic, but very cool. There is a 2h'd model of it that you can get from the Botanica. If I were a Warrior, I'd probably have both models so that I could go Fury, and people would never know if I were Titan's Grip, or SMF. Sort of like the Silver-Edged Axe (2h'd) and the Axe of the Judgement Day use the same model, but are 1h'd/2h'd models.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest