Remove Advertisements

Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Newsom » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:33 am

Era wrote:Not too happy about having to use the warrior shoulders (too late I realised there's no off-set shoulder piece from the Firelands DK set), but I couldn't find anything that worked better.
Looked into the ICC25 Heroic DK lookalike, really want that set, but I loathe pugs. Maybe I'll look into this OpenRaid business as well!

I also hate that the enchant glow is going to ruin the sword... Might just Mongoose that thing up! It's farm time, anyway. :roll: :roll:

Those shoulders look awesome, matches the shield!

I vote minor beastslayer for your weapon! :D
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Era » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:07 am

Newsom wrote:I vote minor beastslayer for your weapon! :D

Yeah, I've been looking at the Blood Draining enchant from Wrath too. Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm ACTUALLY prepared to waste my weapon enchant. I doubt my healers would notice the difference, but you know... It just feels wrong! :roll: We'll see.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Shoju » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:13 am

Era wrote:Not too happy about having to use the warrior shoulders (too late I realised there's no off-set shoulder piece from the Firelands DK set), but I couldn't find anything that worked better.
Looked into the ICC25 Heroic DK lookalike, really want that set, but I loathe pugs. Maybe I'll look into this OpenRaid business as well!

I also hate that the enchant glow is going to ruin the sword... Might just Mongoose that thing up! It's farm time, anyway. :roll: :roll:

That is a great mog look. I have actually used that same (armor) look for a mog set (admittedly easier for me to acquire) That shield with sword look fantastic with it.
Shoju

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:56 am

What sword is that Oo?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zobel » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:35 am

Worldie wrote:What sword is that Oo?

Fang of truth.
Zobel

Postby Era » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:42 am

Shoju wrote:That is a great mog look. I have actually used that same (armor) look for a mog set (admittedly easier for me to acquire) That shield with sword look fantastic with it.

Thanks! Yeah, I was a little bummed out that I couldn't get the actual tier shoulders. It worked out great with the shield and sword, of course, but it wasn't what I was originally going for.

As Zobel said above, Fang of Truth, from Wyrmrest Accord rep vendor. :wink: There are other lookalikes, but that one was easy to get.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Shoju » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:55 am

Era wrote:
Shoju wrote:That is a great mog look. I have actually used that same (armor) look for a mog set (admittedly easier for me to acquire) That shield with sword look fantastic with it.

Personally, while I like the DK tier shoulders, and can understand the desire for the set, It was pretty cool to match the warrior shoulders and run around looking like that for a while.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:01 pm

Zobel wrote:

Fang of truth.

I want the blue one now!
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=27654
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Era » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:32 pm

What's your look then, Klaudandus? You blueish?
Era

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:54 pm

Yeah

I really liked blue-ish rare set from northrend, but used the dk shoulders

Sometimes I switch to the matching shoulders
http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=35 ... 4195;39249
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:40 am

Ugh, your coolness factor just dropped by 50 for being a male blood elf.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:52 am

That's one of the reasons I swapped back to Alliance after being Horde for a while... First I was a male tauren, then female blood elf, then... I realised I had ran out of viable options! :(
I actually tried making a male blood elf, going for something like this figure:

But whatever I tried, it was impossible to make the in-game male belfs look masculine. :(
Era

Postby Invisusira » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:06 am

Era wrote:But whatever I tried, it was impossible to make the in-game male belfs look masculine. :(

It's quite refreshing in Diablo 3 to see the characters completely switch stances when you equip different weapon types. Each looks unique, and everything from how they move to how they stand still, are fabulous looking. A vast improvement over WoW's action figure "this is me standing with my arms at my sides" "ok now this is me standing with my arms at my sides with generic weapon A stuck to my hand" look where everyone just looks kinda frumpy.
Invisusira

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:20 am

Invisusira wrote:
Era wrote:But whatever I tried, it was impossible to make the in-game male belfs look masculine. :(

It's quite refreshing in Diablo 3 to see the characters completely switch stances when you equip different weapon types. Each looks unique, and everything from how they move to how they stand still, are fabulous looking. A vast improvement over WoW's action figure "this is me standing with my arms at my sides" "ok now this is me standing with my arms at my sides with generic weapon A stuck to my hand" look where everyone just looks kinda frumpy.

the models being refreshed is gonna help a bit...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Era » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:07 am

Invisusira wrote:It's quite refreshing in Diablo 3 to see the characters completely switch stances when you equip different weapon types. Each looks unique, and everything from how they move to how they stand still, are fabulous looking. A vast improvement over WoW's action figure "this is me standing with my arms at my sides" "ok now this is me standing with my arms at my sides with generic weapon A stuck to my hand" look where everyone just looks kinda frumpy.

WoW could definitely need some artistic upgrades yeah, in terms of character models. Like Klaudandus says, updating those will help a bit, though they probably won't do anything about weapon/combat animations I guess.

I used a 2H samurai style sword with my Wizard in D3 for a while - The way she held it while running was absolutely fantastic! ^^ These days I'm using a huge 2H axe, not quite so graceful, but better than the clunky 2H hammer my Enchantress is using....

Dammit caster loot, y u so no staves or wands... :roll:
Era

PreviousNext

Return to General