Remove Advertisements

Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:35 am

Heirloom gear has 0 Ilvl. BUT gear that is in inventory counts like if it's equipped.

I've entered heroic on my rogue at less than 310 ilvl since i had tank/cloth boe stuff in inventory that counted toward ilvl.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby lythac » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:44 am

Yes, I was wondering if this mod counts heirloom gear as ilvl 1 therefore giving players an average ilvl of 320. Or (as it is a mod) can count Heirloom gear as 333 as I think it is on par with 333 gear.

We had an alt in guild yesterday who was wearing some heirlooms, vendored all their quest reward greens from bags and found they couldn't do the RDF anymore :lol:
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Fetzie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:45 am

Heirloom items count as item level 1 for that slot if you have not got a higher item level replacement in your bags. Inventoried items count towards the item level check regardless of armor class and stats on the item itself. I got my rogue into random heroics with mail and plate 346s from reputation in various slots.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:13 am

Are you sure? I could swear items you can't wear are not counting for ilvl...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Torias » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:21 am

Even items in your bank count towards your ilvl, I believe. We boosted an alt hunter through some dungeons the other night by handing her a full set of crafted cloth PVP gear to get her up to 346 for Zuls, which she then gave back after we were done without ever having equipped it.
Torias

Postby lythac » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:46 am

Hunters can wear cloth, so they would count towards average ilvl.

The question is can a leather wearer boost their ilvl by having mail/plate gear in their bags.
lythac

Postby Torias » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:47 am

No, they cannot. Or at least not in any situation I've ever observed. I just leveled my rogue and have been gearing him up for troll heroics and haven't had any success with taking "heavier" gear, any way, though I admit I've never actively tried and just occasionally had a few pieces in bags from Greed rolls in regular heroics.
Torias

Postby Chicken » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:23 am

To get back on the original topic, a German fansite did an interview with Tom Chilton and Chris Robinson about patch 4.3, which included some stuff on the Void Storage and Transmogrifier. Rough translations since my German is pretty lousy:

- 4.3 will feature the Deathwing raid.
- There'll be three completely new 5-man instances as well. No rehashes this time.
- The Transmogrifier will be able to change the look of your gear into one of the tier armor sets of your class. They're still undecided on whether or not you'll have to actually have the old set to be able to change the looks of your gear to it.
- The Void Storage is planned to be a huge bank that can only store specific items; like old armor and weapons, etc. they haven't fully decided on its limitations yet.

Original article available here for those here who speak German or want to brave it using an online translator: http://wow.gamona.de/2011/08/17/wow-pat ... ter-traum/
Chicken

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:23 am

They just confirmed Transmogrifier doing exactly what we supposed it to do.

Also I hate Chicken for having been 0.1 seconds faster than me.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby lythac » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:30 am

BRB getting Banana Shoulders.

Yes really.

Edit - Also getting the recoloured red Banana Shoulders for my warrior.
lythac

Postby Turntail » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:52 am

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/241 ... id-Storage

New Raid - The Deathwing raid, making it very likely to be the last patch before the next expansion.
3 new 5-man instances - Including one in the Caverns of Time. (War of the Ancients was mentioned as a cataclysm instance a few years ago, but a lot of things have changed since then, who knows!)
The Transmogrifier NPC, which will let you change the appearance of any armor piece on you, while retaining the stats of your current gear. (= T12 stats, but with the Tier 2 look!)
Players won't be able to change the appearance of their armor into another armor type or class armor set, and you might have to own the armor before you can use it to swap the appearance of your existing armor.
The Void Storage is a new type of bank where players will be able to store their old armors in order to free up space in their regular bank.
The Abyssal Maw dungeon is gone for the moment, the storyline wasn't convincing enough/fitting.

I'm hoping the new appearance feature affects shields as well. Bulwark til new expansion.
Turntail Protection Warrior
SC2: RemnantToe 207
BF3: Remnant_Toe
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/RemnantToe
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/BigBlueCheese/
Turntail

Postby JoeBravo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:04 am

Turntail wrote:...

I'm hoping the new appearance feature affects shields as well. Bulwark til new expansion.

This!

(and hi,'I'm back after a 2+ year break)
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby culhag » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:05 am

Now pondering what appearance I'll take...
T2 is too obvious (but still tempting)
T6 looks like real plate, huge plus
T8 I like it's look, and feel that I didn't really get to enjoy at the time (mainly because the shoulders weren't BiS)

Really hope they allow us to change weapons and shields (Thunderfury! Sulfuras!), but I wouldn't be too surprised if we can't change the weapon type. (make a hammer look like a sword) (even though it has less impact than armor type)
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:08 am

I am tempted for T5.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:11 am

Ugh. Stupid. (Re: transmogrifier dude)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General