Remove Advertisements

Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Cronus » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:04 pm

If i could Transmorgrify a weapon...THUNDERFURY will be my new tankin weapon! WOOT!!! I hope hope hope....I want to actually use my T-FURY again. PLZ PLZ PLZ BLIZZ!!!
Cronus

Postby Shoju » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:51 am

Yrma 2.0 is a more realistic suggestion, and one that I'm surprised hasn't been discussed more. It would logically be the more 'realistic' explanation of the NPC based on past behaviors by blizzard. I was never able to raid SWP as progression, could someone who did comment on how well received that NPC was? Did you use it a lot?
Shoju

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:02 am

Shoju wrote:Yrma 2.0 is a more realistic suggestion, and one that I'm surprised hasn't been discussed more. It would logically be the more 'realistic' explanation of the NPC based on past behaviors by blizzard. I was never able to raid SWP as progression, could someone who did comment on how well received that NPC was? Did you use it a lot?

But why would the place that vendor there? Wouldn't they place him next to the Heroic Upgrade vendor just outside the Firelands portal? (Unless it's not for this raid tier).

But after looking back at past raid tiers.. only Tier 4 hunter would be interesting for me to go back if I I was able to recast my gear. I would like to change my dwarf hunter's gun to the Core Marksman's rifle, assuming he actually had a raiding gun to transmogrify, but sadly, Blizz doesn't do raiding guns anymore...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Shoju » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:23 am

Because it is part of 4.3, which means it wont be a part of firelands raiding.

Because if they do it where it requires a piece of gear and a sunmote style drop, you can always head to the same vendor in the same spot to do the same thing from 4.3 on.

If it isn't a Yrma style vendor, and is instead changing gear looks, I really can't find any gear that I would want to Tmog my DK's gear into. Now, his weapons on the other hand... There are tons of awesome weapon models out there.
Shoju

Postby benebarba » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:59 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Does Blizzard want people to have the ability to totally hide themselves inside armor that looks nothing like what they're actually wearing?

I don't think they do, but I do think that there are a lot of players who would like that control.

However I do wonder if much QQ could be solved simply by making it not apply in BGs/arena, or at least in rated ones, where I'd assume the margins rely on being able to recognize that the 85 paladin in front of you is, in fact, not wearing a lvl 60 PVP set. Or perhaps making it so you can only use sets you have or only use those of the same or lower ilvl.

To be honest, don't unit frames and recognizable spell effects take care of a lot of that guess work already ? I can understand the idea behind folks saying that silhouettes are important, but how important can they be in a BG where folks can't even wrap their heads around not fighting in the roads?
Last edited by benebarba on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
benebarba

Postby Nordix » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:41 am

Void Storage = Banker
Transmogrifier = Hairdresser

Ethereals like to have complicated names for everything:P
I think this is outland revamp.
Nordix

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:44 am

Nordix wrote:Void Storage = Banker
Transmogrifier = Hairdresser

Ethereals like to have complicated names for everything:P
I think this is outland revamp.

rofl
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby bldavis » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:18 am

benebarba wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Does Blizzard want people to have the ability to totally hide themselves inside armor that looks nothing like what they're actually wearing?

I don't think they do, but I do think that there are a lot of players who would like that control.

However I do wonder if much QQ could be solved simply by making it not apply in BGs/arena, or at least in rated ones, where I'd assume the margins rely on being able to recognize that the 85 paladin in front of you is, in fact, not wearing a lvl 60 PVP set. Or perhaps making it so you can only use sets you have or only use those of the same or lower ilvl.

To be honest, don't unit frames and recognizable spell effects take care of a lot of that guess work already ? I can understand the idea behind folks saying that silhouettes are important, but how important can they be in a BG where folks can't even wrap their heads around not fighting in the roads?

inorite!

i mean any serious pvper will have unit frames and nameplates
combine that with the recognizable spells/armor looks and you SHOULD be able to tell them apart

if not, a silhouette wont help

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nordix » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:37 am

Sabindeus wrote:rofl

Nordix

Postby Jeremoot » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:47 am

Nordix wrote:Transmogrifier = Hairdresser

Troll of the year if Blizzard does this.
Jeremoot

Postby Shamora » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:49 am

As suggested before you could always disallow players to customize PVP armor. Both changing the looks of PVP armor and changing non-PVP armor into looking like PVP armor. Or you could take a page from LOTRO. When you go into a PVP area it shows your original armor instead of your cosmetic set. Of course this wouldn't help any with world PVP, but does anyone really care about world PVP?
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:56 am

Jeremoot wrote:
Nordix wrote:Transmogrifier = Hairdresser

Troll of the year if Blizzard does this.

Seriously.

I really think they should just let the transmogrification affect the player only. This would probably satisfy the vast majority of people who want this ability, and we can all laugh at everyone else who gets angry because other people can't see their pretty pretty princess outfit.

There used to be a program that would futz around with local cache files to swap models. I miss this program.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Chicken » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:27 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:There used to be a program that would futz around with local cache files to swap models. I miss this program.
You can still do this kind of stuff, so long as you have some way of creating MPQ files and know what to replace; similar to how Invis's old high-resolution tier 8 legs fix worked. Make sure to follow the proper directory structure within the MPQ, replace the models and textures you want with other models, then replace one of the 1 kb SoundCache-Patch-#####.MPQ files in your World of Warcraft\Data\Cache folder with your custom MPQ and voila, you can still do the old-fashioned model and texture swapping.

Just keep in mind that it's technically a bannable offense to do so, since replacing models can allow you to do such fun things like skipping every boss in AQ40 except the Prophet Skeram if you're looking to kill C'Thun.
Chicken

Postby Mukat » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:26 pm

Chicken wrote:Just keep in mind that it's technically a bannable offense to do so, since replacing models can allow you to do such fun things like skipping every boss in AQ40 except the Prophet Skeram if you're looking to kill C'Thun.

could you elaborate on how this would work? not how you do it.
Mukat

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:31 pm

Nordix wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:rofl

because that shit was hilarious
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

PreviousNext

Return to General