Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Pala » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:12 pm

I liked this red shield when I got it. It's something to shove in the dragon's face when you meet him. http://www.wowhead.com/item=19348
[Palatinus] & [Kury] - Earthen Ring US
Pala
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:18 pm

culhag wrote:
rodos wrote:Aside: Anyone good good ideas for a full steam-punk/engineer (plate) set?

Apart from the engi googles, I don't know for the armor. I suppose you have to find something that really looks like metal. Nothing too shiny.

The gnomish weapons from T9 should fit the theme. (mace, sword) There's also some engi themed shields you can find. (drop, engineering)

Yeah. Mekkatorque wears BC goggles, FRD and the ToC caster mace in his new incarnation. That's not a bad starting point. WTB Mimiron's Head.
rodos

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:51 pm

I just found this shield in my bank... its Freakin awesome! http://www.wowhead.com/item=17066
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby melisandyr » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:57 am

It's been mentioned earlier in the thread, but http://www.wowhead.com/item=30889 matches gold and red nicely.

If you have a male character or a tauren, this shield with http://www.wowhead.com/item=34214 actually works for horde tier 9. It's trash for blood elf females though, as the texture areas just look a mess because they are so small
melisandyr
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:51 am

melisandyr wrote:It's been mentioned earlier in the thread, but http://www.wowhead.com/item=30889 matches gold and red nicely.

If you have a male character or a tauren, this shield with http://www.wowhead.com/item=34214 actually works for horde tier 9. It's trash for blood elf females though, as the texture areas just look a mess because they are so small

Yeah, I never figured out why weapon models looks insanely small with female blood elves, heck, even two handers look insanely small. I remember a two-hander sword from the icc5mans that looked smaller than 1-handers I was using on my male BE pally at the time.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:07 am

Now that we've got transmogrification, the next thing I want them to implement is character scaling. Alter character height and size within a, say, 10% range.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:25 am

New Darkmoon Faire preview includes "replicas of long-lost suits of armor that we’re offering for your Transmogrification needs" - guessing this will be how they'll give access to T3 for transmogrification, among other things - possibly other tier sets, so people don't have to farm?
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby melisandyr » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:30 am

Oooh,Naxxramas shields?
melisandyr
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:34 am

KysenMurrin wrote:New Darkmoon Faire preview includes "replicas of long-lost suits of armor that we’re offering for your Transmogrification needs" - guessing this will be how they'll give access to T3 for transmogrification, among other things - possibly other tier sets, so people don't have to farm?

I'd venture more Death Knight starting armor and Dungeon set 1 and 2 unsure of Tier 3.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:37 am

I find it very hard to believe they'll add T3 back in. Possibly only the ability to purchase what you once owned, although I don't know how robust T3 tracking was (I suspect not at all).
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Kerriodos » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Sagara wrote:I'm starting to fall in love with tier 6.5 (sunwell stuff), but I can't for the life of me find a shield matching the dark gold motif. Any ideas? For reference, Sunward crest is too yellow/bright, and Dawnforged Defender is too red/dark for the set to match.

Here's a pic for those wondering:

I'm going to be using the spirit shield from the chess event, alongside Hailstorm for my T6 set, which is... similarly coloured, if a bit brighter.
Kerriodos

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:05 pm

Just pants missing from the T2 purple set~
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:44 pm

Sagara wrote:Image

If you haven't picked out a cloak, IIRC there's a nice one off Al'ar that matches the motif.

Edit: here it is http://www.wowhead.com/item=29925
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:51 pm

Once again thanks everyone ^^

FOr cloacks I'll use the guild cloack (Guild master FTW \o/)
And for shield I'll probably go with either the Kara one, or simply back to the Quel Danas one.

Thanks for the inputs :)
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:53 pm

How bout my circular one with a ring of fire?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

PreviousNext

Return to General