Remove Advertisements

Ventrilo security question

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Ventrilo security question

Postby Geaux » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:59 am

Hey guys,
I run a small raiding guild and believe that an ex member is using some kind of program to listen to current members and officers conversations in ventrilo without our knowledge of them showing logged onto our server. What information does anyone have to combat this problem? I have known of people bypassing channel passwords and listening in to our officer channel meetings and private discussions without actually being in our channel. Also is it possible for someone to be logged in our server in a "ghost mode"?

Any information would greatly help. I have searched the web to see what information I could find but have not had the best luck thus far. I would really like to get this person with too much free time on their hands blocked so the drama will stop.

-Thanks
Geaux

Re: Ventrilo security question

Postby cerwillis » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:23 am

If you are the server admin, you should have direct access to a list of IPs that are connected to your server, which you can then ban one by one. If you don't have that kind of control, switch hosts.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Return to General