Remove Advertisements

Longest boss encounters (at level)?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Longest boss encounters (at level)?

Postby Amirya » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:44 am

Depends on when you started raiding in PK :lol:
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:49 am

I'm awful at explaining quickly :( I'm trying to get better about it.
Shoju

Postby Amirya » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:37 pm

I tend to keep my explanations short, otherwise, I start droning.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:42 pm

Problem is, when I'm not specific and I just say.

Go here, kill these adds, don't stand in stuff, and keep it short and sweet Ihave people who find ways to ruin a clean and easy strat during execution
Shoju

Postby Amirya » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:45 pm

That's easy to fix.

Have bldavis spend 7 minutes yelling at them on Vent, while I take about 7 minutes to type my irritation in raid chat.

Worked wonders for us this weekend. If I read your guild armory right, we had Defender about 24 hours before you. :D
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:50 pm

As a guild, Yes, you had it 24 hours before us.

I killed Nef the week after 4.2 came out personally, but had to do so on a shaman to make the raid come together.

Its semantics really.
Shoju

Postby Amirya » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Damnit, don't burst my bubble. :(
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Astronomic » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:05 pm

Mass Dispel
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:10 pm

Shattering Throw is more appropriate for the purpose.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:15 pm

My greatest ever explanation of a boss mechanic came during one of the tree subbosses on Freya. "He does stuff, we counter it." I completely blanked on the mechanics it did and substituted that.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:18 pm

Amirya wrote:Damnit, don't burst my bubble. :(

No, PK had DoaSW before Lurkers.

There is no debating that.

I'm just merely pointing out that I, and several others in guild killed it previously.
Shoju

Postby Levantine » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:13 am

Amirya wrote:His is a long dissertation worthy of a PhD candidate.

That would explain why I stop listening about a minute in and go to sleep until the readycheck noise. O:
Levantine

Postby Chicken » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:46 pm

Flex wrote:My greatest ever explanation of a boss mechanic came during one of the tree subbosses on Freya. "He does stuff, we counter it." I completely blanked on the mechanics it did and substituted that.
Reminds me of when ToC was new. Our raid leader at the time was starting to go through explaining every single aspect of the Northrend Beasts fight which would take ages. I decided to just start the event and said "Let's just wing it", it was an easy one-shot. Not a clean one, but it got people the idea of how the encounter worked much quicker and got things over with.
Chicken

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:13 am

Levantine wrote:
Amirya wrote:His is a long dissertation worthy of a PhD candidate.

That would explain why I stop listening about a minute in and go to sleep until the readycheck noise. O:

I'm a visual/tactile learner... so I zone out for most of his explanations (I pick up enough bits and pieces {for Cho'gall} to know I'm supposed to attack the ice/earth guy, and he shouts when I'm supposed to attack the fire guy to remove his shield... I also caught the "run through fire if you get debuff X." Most of the rest of what he said didn't compute.) Most of the fights are like that for me... I just need a couple tries in each phase, and I'm usually good to go from there (sometimes picking it up without needing a wipe >.>).
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:56 am

Al'ar was pretty long considering that for the most part, you just stood there pew pewing.

It was enjoyable too, cause I'd keep winning 100g for topping damage as a Shadow Priest back then.
Darielle

PreviousNext

Return to General