Coming in Patch 4.3.2 -- Cross-Realm Raids

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Real ID Party Feature Now Officially Live (Still free)

Postby Treck » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:32 am

Aedh wrote:I dunno about Psiven, but I have a fairly unique name in the US, and people get very weird.

Im the only person in sweden with my name, sure sweden isnt as big as the US, but worldwide, theres like 10-15people with my name, and i really dont care.
Treck

Re: Real ID Party Feature Now Officially Live (Still free)

Postby PsiVen » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:47 am

I don't have a Facebook for much the same reason. My name is not especially unique, I simply have no interest in associating it with this one, and I despise every service that thinks I should be required to. I've seen popular articles about why certain groups are reluctant to release their real name like women being stalked, closeted homosexuals, celebrities etc. and that's all superfluous because you don't need an excuse for privacy.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Re: Coming in Patch 4.3.2 -- Cross-Realm Raids

Postby lythac » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:27 pm

I am semi necroing this post about Real ID party feature as this follows on from it.

This thread is now about "Coming in Patch 4.3.2 -- Cross-Realm Raids" (and BattleTag although that is still a long way away from happening).

Blue post
We previously introduced the ability to form cross-realm parties with Real ID friends, and now with Patch 4.3.2, we're adding the ability for players to use that same functionality to form raids to run older normal or heroic raids, or participate in Battlegrounds!

This will allow you to join up with your Real ID friends from other realms and:

Form a cross-realm raid and use Raid Finder
Jump in to any classic dungeon or raid and be automatically placed in the same instance
Join forces and dominate the Battlegrounds

Please note, you will not yet be able to run normal or Heroic Dragon Soul with cross-realm Real ID raids.

As we look forward to the BattleTag system, it’s a very exciting time for World of Warcraft. No matter what realm you and your friends are on you’ll be able to team up and take on group content throughout the game.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Re: New Real ID Party Feature Now Available for Testing (US)

Postby mavfin » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:38 pm

PsiVen wrote:I'd use this to play with my wife's characters, but it's not going to convince me to add internet friends to RealID.

WTB Battle.net 3.0: Death to Facebook.

Yeah, BattleTag is coming, though, RealID w/o real info. (You can grab your own BattleTag on Battle.net already, btw.)

And, LFR already works cross-realm RealID, I found out earlier this week.
Last edited by mavfin on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Mav
mavfin

Re: Coming in Patch 4.3.2 - Cross-Realm Raids

Postby lythac » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Not being able to do it for current tier raiding (yet) is interesting. The functionality should be in place as it is offered for older raids.

Also there should be a Maintankadin Rated Battlegroup team.
lythac

Postby lythac » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:43 pm

I just grabbed my Battletag. Not that I had many worries of it going.
lythac

Postby Treck » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:28 am

Theres no uniqueness in the battletags anyway, so dont worry about someone else taking your tag.
Treck

Postby Worldie » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:07 am

lythac wrote:The functionality should be in place as it is offered for older raids.

They don't want (yet?) people teaming up for current content. Probably because that would shorten even more the lifetime of it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby degre » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:17 am

Worldie wrote:
lythac wrote:The functionality should be in place as it is offered for older raids.

They don't want (yet?) people teaming up for current content. Probably because that would shorten even more the lifetime of it.

And you wont need to spend a truckload of money for trasnfers :P
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Shoju » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:26 am

They don't want guilds selling gear, achievements, and mounts
Shoju

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:33 am

Shoju wrote:They don't want guilds selling gear, achievements, and mounts

Well, right now, they can sell gear, achievement and mounts from all previous content.
I think Dragonslayer is worth something still.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Treck » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:27 am

Altho, does it allow for crossrealm gold transfer?
Or do you mean by out of game currency?
Treck

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:32 am

Well transferring a char and transferring again somewhere else is 2 transfers, transferring an alt with gold / equivalents is 1. Or there's always the out of game currency option which i hadnt considered.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby warden » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:52 am

TBH, I'm pretty damn excited for this. I can take my pally back to old raids to play with people on my old server, help the girlfriend wrap up raid achievements on her main in the old raids or work on her staff, and probably most of all....

That 2nd or 3rd Firelands 6/7H run each week trying to help guildies finish their staves on our alts will become a lot more bearable when we're able to run with Joe's realID friend who is cool to meet and play with rather than <mouthbreathing pug> from tradechat who "knows 6/7H" but doesn't know Alys has meteors filling the 9th and/or 10th spot. Seriously, sarcasim aside, this is probably a feature that I've looked forward to more than any other feature implimented this tier. Keeping it out of current content seems like a good balance.
Kudos Blizzard.

Also,

Yay!

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby twinkfist » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:03 am

well, if you are talking about people from availed...the guild is dead right now. just about everyone left or quit for star wars.
twinkfist

PreviousNext

Return to General