Remove Advertisements

Firelands 10 v.s. 25 tuning / performance

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Firelands 10 v.s. 25 tuning / performance

Postby Treck » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:38 am

Im a lot more proud of the fact that all our kills have simply been with the people we have had.
We have an attitude thats actually closer to blizzards "bring the player not the class" than a lot other guilds.
Dont get me wrong, id rather class stack if it would lead to world firsts, but i do feel proud of taking it down without having to do so.
During progress, its not ofthen classes that stop us from killing the boss, its more learning the encounter.
Sure, "stacking" classes etc will make the learning curve a lot easier, and yes you could say were making it harder than it has to be by just beeing stubborn.
We couldnt even do what paragon did if we wanted, cuz we simply didnt have the players, thats why our strategy is very different from theirs.

Sure, we didnt bring a resto shaman when we have one, since frankly, they arnt that great for the fight since its a lot of movement, and not much stacking up when the shaman is effective.
We could say "we killed him a bit slower cuz we couldnt choose to dismiss a shaman", while thats true, elemental shaman isnt bad, and were actually a more prefered class to have than some others.

Its very funny people going about "they didnt use my class in a world first, my class is crap qq".
Sure, if your looking at paragons setup, that IS pretty much facts.
But looking at our setup?
If we didnt bring a certain class/specc, its cuz we simply dont have one xD
No enha shaman, no moonkin/feral, no dps warrior, no ret paladin, cuz we have none.
Only really the resto shaman can be debated, and they are great for static clumped up fights like Beth, alyzrazor and majordomo(if soaking the cleaves). But also keep in mind, we have 8 healers in the guild, we had 5 on the kill (6 actually one playing dps), and one away on vacation, and the restoshaman as the 8th, who we just didnt need to take cuz we needed the other classes (AMs/tranqs, and wanted a priest)
Treck

Postby Levantine » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:41 am

Omg do it.
Levantine

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:10 pm

Treck wrote:no ret paladin

Brb applying!

Nah jk, don't have the time eheh :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fafhrd » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:16 pm

Treck wrote:
stuff

Oh I wasn't saying you should say it because it's true, I was saying you should say it to troll the "OMG ANOTHER WORLD FIRST WITHOUT A SHAMAN" crowd that pops up every time someone (usually Paragon) kills something new without a shaman.

For the "bring the player not the class" thing, I think a lot of guilds do that, they just happen to have "the player" be able to bring well geared alts of multiple classes - so they can bring both the player AND the class. Like if you read Para's thing about their 10 man, they said they had a roster of 14 people for their 10 man clear, which is similar to many other 10H guilds. But they said that gave them 30 well geared characters, so on average each of those 14 players had over 2 geared characters they could switch between as desired - maybe the alts didn't have 391s, but they probably had full 372/379s and a decent set of 378s.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Treck » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:17 pm

Worldie wrote:Brb applying!

Fireland is estimated to take about 1-2hours tops during farm, one day a week.
Sad to see your time is so limited ^^
Treck

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:15 pm

Treck wrote:
Worldie wrote:Brb applying!

Fireland is estimated to take about 1-2hours tops during farm, one day a week.
Sad to see your time is so limited ^^

It's not the farm time i'd not have the time for, it's the progress time :) No idea what schedule you exactly follow, but more than 3-4 hours per day of raid-level concentration would seriously hurt my brain.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Treck » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:16 pm

Worldie wrote:It's not the farm time i'd not have the time for, it's the progress time :) No idea what schedule you exactly follow, but more than 3-4 hours per day of raid-level concentration would seriously hurt my brain.

Not so much.
Of the top of my head, going for baleroc was only a 20hour in a row (with 2x 45-60min breaks ofc).
Majordomo was smth like 10-12, and a break or 2.
And ragnaros was never longer than 10hours the same day, but 2 weeks, with everything from 3-4hours, up to 6-8hours.
Treck

Postby fafhrd » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:47 pm

20 hours in a row? Christ. That's like 1.25 weeks of progression in a day >.>

Curious to see how many new guilds kill heroic Baleroc and Domo on 25 now with the HP nerfs, or whether the mechanics differences like 3 shards at once on 25 would still keep 25 harder.

We did manage to kill Baleroc 10H tonight just ahead of the enrage with me lagging between 300ms and 1200ms so it's definitely a bit lenient on DPS if 2 healing >.> And Domo seems easier unless we start having tank survival issues again.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:17 am

Eheh if it was 5 years ago I would have liked those raid times, my vanilla guild was hardcore minded and we raided 6-7 hours per day (and I thought it wasn't enough!)

3 shards per time in heroic 25? Oh that's not gonna help us at all, already getting random deaths in 25 normal for that ahah :P

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fafhrd » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:04 am

Worldie wrote:3 shards per time in heroic 25? Oh that's not gonna help us at all, already getting random deaths in 25 normal for that ahah :P

Isn't it that many in 25 normal? Thought I saw that many up in a video. I assume it'd be the same for number in heroic, just more than the 1 that's up at a time in 10.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Treck » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:29 am

No, its always been 2, one in meele, and one in range.
His HP was nerfed, while the healing you put out on the tanks also is nerfed (you gain the healingstacks slower now)
I guess they intended you to do it with 2tanks 5 healers, rather than 4 healers.
I think overall its going to make it easier tho, as 4 healers brings some deaths to the Torment people from time to time, an extra healer and that shouldnt really happen.
Tank healing might get worse tho ^^
Treck

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:53 am

Watched the Method video. Lovely. Evade regen wipe must have been heartbreaking. Hopefully you killed him that night so that dude didn't have to dwell on it.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:10 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Watched the Method video. Lovely. Evade regen wipe must have been heartbreaking. Hopefully you killed him that night so that dude didn't have to dwell on it.

The 1% wipe was the day before, had to stop raiding cuz of one person DCd and couldnt come back, and we had none to replace him.
So we just said that EVERYONE, every single one online HAS to be there tomorrow to be able to raid.
Thankfully (with some delay) everyone was online, and we quickly did 4 p4 tries with bad luck with traps/breaths, then 5th try was the kill.
Was very smooth.
Its hard to know IF they would have managed to get him down, its "only" like 3million hp, 3people dpsing, its possible, but we will never know :P
Treck

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:40 pm

Treck wrote:Its hard to know IF they would have managed to get him down, its "only" like 3million hp, 3people dpsing, its possible, but we will never know :P

It would have made for an incredible video, monster bragging rights, and probably an "I soloed Heroic Ragnaros" t-shirt.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:20 am

Its hard to know IF they would have managed to get him down, its "only" like 3million hp, 3people dpsing, its possible, but we will never know :P

I dunno, 3 million hp and say, 60k rDPS from the three still alive (which would have dropped further still) means nearly a minute of kiting raggi around. I guess if a trap had come up it might have happened but I think it is unlikely.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Previous

Return to General