Remove Advertisements

Divine Shield not dropping stacks in Firelands?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Divine Shield not dropping stacks in Firelands?

Postby Treck » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:46 pm

Worldie wrote:
Treck wrote:Strong tanks solotank Baleroc :P

I really can't imagine what kind of monster healers can 2 man-heal Decimation Blade on a tank with 1kk+ HP.

What you talking about? i got 3.5kk hp at the end of the fight :P (with Rallying cry atleast ^^)
Ok, only about 1.4kk, with only the proper buffs :P
But even so, the first decimationblade is the hardest one, since you will have a bit more hp, but healers will hardly have any stacks of the living flame or whatever, that makes them heal harder.
In the end, with 30buffs or so, the paladins were doing 900k divine lights, rejuv ticks for +100k, its pretty ok.
In the beginning, you have like 300k hp, and healers are doing like, 100k divine lights, not as safe ^^
Treck

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:16 pm

P.S. watching the sub-2% wipes on Bale was tear inducing, but seems to have been made up by the ventgasms on the kill.

I remember when people were excited about boss kills. :[
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:53 am

Treck wrote:In the end, with 30buffs or so, the paladins were doing 900k divine lights, rejuv ticks for +100k

o_O you must have a better way of stacking Vital Spark than our as our healers got nowhere close to those numbers in a normal kill :O
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:56 am

I guess you could bloodlust at the pull and PI the holy paladins when they start healing a player with torment.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Chicken » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:28 am

Is it just me or does practically every single tier of content have one of these topics spring up where someone noticed Divine Shield not working on something?
Chicken

Postby Treck » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:20 am

Pyrea wrote:I guess you could bloodlust at the pull and PI the holy paladins when they start healing a player with torment.

They are not casting anyway, just spamming holyshock with 1HP WoGs.
The ammount of stacks the healers get is dependant on how many stacks the people they heal have.
Meaning its a lot more usefull having one person taking 20-25 debuffs with CDs and survive, rather than 2 people swapping at 10-15.
Treck

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:53 pm

They are not casting anyway, just spamming holyshock with 1HP WoGs.

When I heal this on my Holy Pally, that is exactly what I do.

At first I found my normal rotation caused a mana issue standing with the other healers (ie out of SoI range). I tried melee range for SoI and that was total fail. So when I rejoined the other healers I temporarily replaced Flash of Light with Holy Light (this is classified and I will never admit to using Holy Light elsewhere) and switched from spamming Divine Light to Holy Light.

So now I spam Holy Shock on CD followed immediately by WoG, then fill with Holy Light till Holy Shock is off CD. When I am on tank duty, I spam Holy shock with my massive stack count until a special ability, then blast Divine Lights, and try to build a 3 HoPo finisher if needed. I never have a problem reaching well over 100 stacks, and I usually help tank heal on EVERY special ability which cuts down on the time I can build stacks. I am thinking maybe I could use Flash of Light for the special abilities, but sometimes its nice to have a really big heal.

Recount generally puts me at like 30k+ heals or so given all the shard healing pulling the number down.

My biggest risk is focusing too exclusively on tanks and not helping the shard folks as their stacks build.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Previous

Return to General