Firelands dailies, how many toons will you do them on?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

How many toons will you do the Firelands dailies on?

10%
25%
25%
11%
4+
10%
CBH
13%
Firelands in Rift?
1%
Get off my lawn kid, don't play that game anymore.
5%

Total votes : 134

Re: Firelands dailies, how many toons will you do them on?

Postby yappo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:28 pm

PsiVen wrote:
I'll do the dailies on my paladin for the achievements/mount/plans, and enough on my 2 85 alts to buy the first few pieces of gear sold when you get 20 tokens. I dunno when I'll get around to even that, though.

I can't find the vendor selling anything after delivering those first 20 tokens.
yappo

Postby Vigilant » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:51 pm

yappo wrote:
PsiVen wrote:
I'll do the dailies on my paladin for the achievements/mount/plans, and enough on my 2 85 alts to buy the first few pieces of gear sold when you get 20 tokens. I dunno when I'll get around to even that, though.

I can't find the vendor selling anything after delivering those first 20 tokens.

I read on mmo-champ and the battle.net forums (reliable sources, eh? especially the latter) that there are 3 vendors, and that in order to be able to unlock 1 of them you have to unlock all the dailies leading up to that vendor, and turn in something to the effect of 125 marks of the world tree. All in all, I believe that unlocking a vendor takes ~2-3 weeks of completing dailies.

Could be totally wrong...
Vigilant

Postby PsiVen » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:10 pm

There's a vendor standing next to Malfurion in the first part of the Firelands who sells rep tokens, grab bags, and 4 pieces of 365 gear. That gear is available immediately and only requires gold. Unfortunately just like the 378 cloak, both tank pieces are poorly itemized (365 dodge/parry boots are arguably worse than the rep rewards, and the neck has a ton of expertise on it).

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=52822
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby yappo » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:31 am

PsiVen wrote:There's a vendor standing next to Malfurion in the first part of the Firelands who sells rep tokens, grab bags, and 4 pieces of 365 gear. That gear is available immediately and only requires gold. Unfortunately just like the 378 cloak, both tank pieces are poorly itemized (365 dodge/parry boots are arguably worse than the rep rewards, and the neck has a ton of expertise on it).

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=52822

Thanks for the info. I never thought about going back into the cave.

Despite the expertize that neck is an upgrade for us casuals. With agility gone my Don Rod lace took a rather hefty plunge, and shopping that one likely wasn't the standard reaction for a casual tank to begin with.

While the boots are indeed worse that the rep-rewards, they're still gorgeous for a new tank, and arguably they give better overall MDR, which comes in handy for clearing out five mans.
yappo

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:08 pm

Somewhere between Tuesday and today they buffed the number of Marks you get from the non-daily quests at the start of the chain. I just started them on my Mage and when I finished the chain and dailies I had 20 Marks already, meaning I'm into the next stage on the first day instead of the third.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Amirya » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:48 pm

They also changed the number of marks needed to unlock the shadow wardens and druids of the talon - instead of 125, it's now 150 (only a day extra worth of dailies, but still).

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:04 am

Amirya wrote:They also changed the number of marks needed to unlock the shadow wardens and druids of the talon - instead of 125, it's now 150 (only a day extra worth of dailies, but still).

I thought it was always set as 150 each for those, and 125 for each of the 3 vendors after.

In any case, I'm doing them all daily on my Pally main. Top priority now that Midsummer is gone, since I'm hanging out to make some money off the BS and Eng patterns, and I'm just a few pets shy of 150. Anyway, it only takes about 15 minutes to do them at off hours when there's no competition for mob tagging (tried at peak time over the weekend and had to camp mob spawns in molten front - ugh).

I should really be farming Troll heroics for VP, but I just can't bring myself to do it in weeknight pugs. Need to set aside a few hours to cap out with guildies on weekends.
rodos

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:54 am

What trouble are you having with mob tagging? I've gotten the impression that all mobs give full credit for even a single hit regardless of who tags (it's definately true for the named quest mobs, molten giants, and everything on Sendria's Roost - including drops for the Hamuul quests). The only things tagging seems to be relevant for are the achievements.

Edit: Just read your other post. I guess the regular elementals, the worms and dogs, and all the regular mobs in Hyjal don't.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Maverick13 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:17 am

rodos wrote:
Amirya wrote:They also changed the number of marks needed to unlock the shadow wardens and druids of the talon - instead of 125, it's now 150 (only a day extra worth of dailies, but still).

I thought it was always set as 150 each for those, and 125 for each of the 3 vendors after.

In any case, I'm doing them all daily on my Pally main. Top priority now that Midsummer is gone, since I'm hanging out to make some money off the BS and Eng patterns, and I'm just a few pets shy of 150. Anyway, it only takes about 15 minutes to do them at off hours when there's no competition for mob tagging (tried at peak time over the weekend and had to camp mob spawns in molten front - ugh).

I should really be farming Troll heroics for VP, but I just can't bring myself to do it in weeknight pugs. Need to set aside a few hours to cap out with guildies on weekends.

Just because im lazy and works computers block most other sites - do you need to recruit both 150 mark factions to get the blacksmithing pattern vendors?
Maverick13

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:25 am

You need to unlock both set of dailies and then pay 125 Marks to the correct vendor, amounting to a total of 425 Marks needed after opening the Molten Front to get the recipes.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Maverick13 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:37 am

Cheers :) ok molten front unlocked and a third of the way to first recruitment
Maverick13

Postby Aanar » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:45 am

I voted for 4+. I've done enough to unlock the 1st vendor on 5 toons for the quick upgrades, but I'm only trying to do them all every day on my main. When I have a little time to spend, I do a few on an alt that I'd eventually like to get through them all on.
Aanar

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:47 am

KysenMurrin wrote:You need to unlock both set of dailies and then pay 125 Marks to the correct vendor, amounting to a total of 425 Marks needed after opening the Molten Front to get the recipes.

Which one is the "correct" one for the BS patterns?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Amshel » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:55 am

"Neither gives a specialized vendor, and neither gives more dailies than the other. The only thing that could matter would be whose dailies are easier/more fun."

Damek Bloombeard <Exceptional Equipment> would be the merchant with the BS plans though.
Amshel

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:55 am

http://www.wowpedia.org/Mark_of_the_World_Tree
^ Has the details. It's Damek Bloombeard for the Blacksmithing and Engineering items.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General