Remove Advertisements

Firelands dailies, how many toons will you do them on?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

How many toons will you do the Firelands dailies on?

10%
25%
25%
11%
4+
10%
CBH
13%
Firelands in Rift?
1%
Get off my lawn kid, don't play that game anymore.
5%

Total votes : 134

Re: Firelands dailies, how many toons will you do them on?

Postby Cogglamp » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:29 am

Yes, that's right. I did my three this morning giving me 20 (oh by the way, punting turtles into the water was hilarious) which opened up the firelands which gave me another 4 or 5 inside the burning inferno. They were easy enough and relatively painless.
Cogglamp

Postby Chicken » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:33 am

The first three steps basically double the amount of dailies available. 4 to start with, unlocking the Molten Front adds another four (On the PTR it took a day for some of these to become available, make sure you re-check the Shrine of Malourne once the Molten Front is unlocked). Unlocking either the Shadow Wardens or Druids of the Talon adds 7 (I think) more dailies, and any additional unlocks past that add one more daily.

As for punting turtles, make sure you punt one against one of the fire elementals nearby once too.
Chicken

Postby Flex » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:24 am

http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=191465/ ... -day-guide is a good breakdown of how it goes.

6 a day from Malorne and 8 a day from Firelands, so 10 days from unlocking Stage 2 to unlocking Stage 3.

If you're a pet collector stop and do the Joust daily quest as well. Do it ten times to get a new pet.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Raeli » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:47 am

Dantriges wrote:What does CBH mean?

Oh, how I would love to know that too!

I probably won't be doing them on any character. It's so so dull. Perhaps I'm just picky and snobby, but the quests just seem terrible, and even Thralls questline was making me facepalm at how bad it is. Then again, I've been playing SWTOR for the past week so far, which I think has affected me - in comparision, it's like the Thrall questline was made by a drunk 5 year old.
Raeli

Postby halabar » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:10 am

Raeli wrote:
Dantriges wrote:What does CBH mean?

Oh, how I would love to know that too!

Child Bearing Hips. It's a MT tradition in polls.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:16 pm

Priest will do them as close to daily as possible. She's my ally main and a tailor, so I get some benefit out of it (plus some gear upgrades, since I'm primarily in 353 gear.) I might work on them on my DK (horde main) but he's a scribe, so no profession benefits as far as I know.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:02 am

My Priest will end up doing them. Not because there's anything really in it for her outside of the trinket and vanity items, since the itemisation on most of the other stuff is fucking horrible, but because they're easy and I want guild rep, dammit. PS fuck TB I hate those dailies so much.
Levantine

Postby Aubade » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:40 am

So, because of this post, I feel I haven't been doing my job here on the general forums of informing people since I quit WoW.

CBH ARE CHILD BEARING HIPS. THE BEST FEATURE A WOMAN COULD EVER HAVE.

<Insert Reason why casual people suck, starts flame war, and why I'm better than you'll ever be here.>
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Levantine » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:53 am

I feel really really old for knowing what CBH are considering the amount of people cropping up that don't. :/
Levantine

Postby Mannstein » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:35 am

Levantine wrote:I feel really really old for knowing what CBH are considering the amount of people cropping up that don't. :/

Well, the fact that you are almost receiving the "it's over 10 Thousand" achievement for the posts, should be a god pointer on "how old you are"...

You shouldn't need a bunch of us, newbies, to tell you that.... :D
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby sahiel » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:39 am

Aubade wrote:So, because of this post, I feel I haven't been doing my job here on the general forums of informing people since I quit WoW.

CBH ARE CHILD BEARING HIPS. THE BEST FEATURE A WOMAN COULD EVER HAVE.

<Insert Reason why casual people suck, starts flame war, and why I'm better than you'll ever be here.>

You have let us down Aubade, we relied on you to spread to word of the CBH and now... people don't even know what they are?!

It feels like the world is ending :(

On topic... annoying how poorly itemised for prot pallies the Hyjal rep boots are, I would have liked to replace my Dragonmaw rep boots (since I passed on our only heroic pair of massacre treads to drop, as the ret needed the expertise badly) =/
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:07 am

Related, a certain someone has been bitching about the 378 tanking cape, and how terrible it is, but I have to say that the hunter cape that I got last night was nicely itemized, even if I'll need to reforge away some of it's +hit later.

halabar

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:12 am

Levantine wrote:I feel really really old for knowing what CBH are considering the amount of people cropping up that don't. :/

you should

You realize you're the OP of the longest thread on the forum?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:24 am

Also, after having done day 3 of these dailies, a few thoughts...

1) They are really trivial compared to the BH dailies. Those could get you killed, these... not so much.

2) Considering I got 9 V Fire in three days of the dailies without trying, I see a negative impact for the AH for volatile prices. I could see a geared tank with decent AOE going in and farming V Fire quite easily. I might even try it on my hunter.

halabar

Postby PsiVen » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:29 pm

I can't see wasting time farming volatiles unless the demand goes way up. Fire will be crashing pretty hard from people throwing random stacks on the AH without much concern about profit.

I'll do the dailies on my paladin for the achievements/mount/plans, and enough on my 2 85 alts to buy the first few pieces of gear sold when you get 20 tokens. I dunno when I'll get around to even that, though.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

PreviousNext

Return to General