Firelands dailies, how many toons will you do them on?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

How many toons will you do the Firelands dailies on?

10%
25%
25%
11%
4+
10%
CBH
13%
Firelands in Rift?
1%
Get off my lawn kid, don't play that game anymore.
5%

Total votes : 134

Re: Firelands dailies, how many toons will you do them on?

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:10 am

Shoju wrote:I'm a pet collector. I would rather sell bracers.

If you were lacking only 10 pets to 150 you'd think different :<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby rodos » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:14 am

Worldie wrote:

I'm only 3 short and have the last 3 BoEs waiting in an alt's bags on my old server. I think I'd rather pay the $25 than keep grinding out MF dailies once I finish the bombing and lieutenant achievements there.
rodos

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:01 am

rodos wrote:
Worldie wrote:

I'm only 3 short and have the last 3 BoEs waiting in an alt's bags on my old server. I think I'd rather pay the $25 than keep grinding out MF dailies once I finish the bombing and lieutenant achievements there.

Yeah, while the dailies yield decent gold, doing 1.5 days of dailies for a low chance at a pet.. reminds me of the Oracles all over again...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:50 am

You earn enough marks per day to buy a bag. 31 marks per day and the bag costs 30.

Worldie wrote:

I'm at 153 yet I still want. Holiday pets are my bane. Four years to get a mid summer drop. Two years for the Halloween one. Not seen the Valentines one yet.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby djlar » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:22 am

I stopped at 51 marks towards the third of 125's.. I don't see the point to get going, maybe when I'm 99 mounts and 99 pets in.. (at 68/78 right now), and these won't come cheap either.. maybe I do a few dailies until I hit the 3 vendors, buy the pet/mount and never do them again..

There's no gear upgrade or anything interesting, the recipe I can buy is for an inscription bag, that's it..
djlar

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:40 am

Achievement points mon!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby djlar » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:29 am

Well there are some missing achieves..

Druids of the talon side kill thingies with their own thingies thing.. (LOL)
Ready for raiding II, long arse one depending what big "boss" you get that day (so far it's been the same guy)
The bird collecting speed thingie.. never seems to get a good run, lots of people stealing my birds to get the required stacks.
The /wave thingy, it's a patience one, be on the quest, stand there spamming /target "NPC you're missing" until one comes, I've only gotten Chromie on my own party, 2 on others' parties.. never stood to look/wait for the rest..
djlar

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:41 am

The /wave achievement was easy.

I built a targetting macro with their names in it and flew around till I acquired one, waved and removed him. A couple mins per day doing the dailys easily got me all but 1 cross faction guy in a couple days. The last guy took over a week. (Large population imballance on US-Medivh Alli>Horde, so it can be difficult to find a horde that can spawn those)
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Flex » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:49 am

djlar wrote:The bird collecting speed thingie.. never seems to get a good run, lots of people stealing my birds to get the required stacks.

Once you finish the quest don't exit the "vehicle" fly around and collect birds you will no longer be limited by quest rules.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:32 pm

When I got the Ludicrous Speed achievment, I did it right after a raid while still in the raid group, although I have since gotten above 60 while doing the quest normally.

Doing it while in a raid rocked, you get the speed buff but it doesn't add to the quest total, so you can ignore the small little pokers and focus on the medium and big birds for the bigger plus ups. In general it helps to not try it during prime time.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby djlar » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:44 am

I'm still working on not being hit by the big guys "special attacks", there's one you click a lock portal to get ported away, clicked it and didn't work.. arrggh..

The rest I have no idea.. WTB a guide.. Pst
djlar

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:49 am

djlar wrote:I'm still working on not being hit by the big guys "special attacks", there's one you click a lock portal to get ported away, clicked it and didn't work.. arrggh..

The rest I have no idea.. WTB a guide.. Pst

I find wowhead has the best "guides" because the comments section always goes through what does and does not work for people.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=5873#comments
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:55 am

Spider guy: stand in melee range. His special attack is ranged only, the spiderlings don't count.
Behemoth: interrupt rain of fire. Stun him on Ground Flare or run out.
Fire Elemental: Very easy, just avoid fires and stuff.
Flamewalker: lots of melee hate. Run out for spear toss, stay away for flame lines.
Devout Harbinger: don't have this one yet. Something about needing to jump and stay out of fire lines.
Flex

Postby rodos » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:38 pm

Flex wrote:Spider guy: stand in melee range. His special attack is ranged only, the spiderlings don't count.
Behemoth: interrupt rain of fire. Stun him on Ground Flare or run out.
Fire Elemental: Very easy, just avoid fires and stuff.
Flamewalker: lots of melee hate. Run out for spear toss, stay away for flame lines.
Devout Harbinger: don't have this one yet. Something about needing to jump and stay out of fire lines.

Here's a few tips:

1. You have to get first tap on the mob to get achievement credit
2. You don't have to get quest credit for achievement credit. I.e. you can try as many times as you like while the miniboss is up until you get the achievement.
3. For the "harder" ones, tap the mob and run out of range of the attacks but not far enough to drop combat (over by the sleeping dogs is generally good). Wait for the NPCs or other players to wear it down, then run in for the kill (last part may not even be necessary).
rodos

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:04 am

rodos wrote:3. For the "harder" ones, tap the mob and run out of range of the attacks but not far enough to drop combat (over by the sleeping dogs is generally good). Wait for the NPCs or other players to wear it down, then run in for the kill (last part may not even be necessary).

For the Devout Harbinger... it's usually easier if you have a group...

1. Tag the mob.
2. Run away from the group (towards the hounds worked well for me) and do your best to just avoid the fire you spawn (otherwise trying to avoid the fires of 2-5 people is a pain.)
3. Get achievement credit, stay for the rest of the group to get theirs.

Doing that, I didn't have to do any sort of jumping or whatever to avoid her abilities, just run as soon as it targeted the area I was standing in. Also, you don't necessarily have to continuously keep moving, as you can run faster than the fire chases, just keep an eye on it. Running in a circle around it can keep it better contained as well.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General