Remove Advertisements

Firelands dailies, how many toons will you do them on?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

How many toons will you do the Firelands dailies on?

10%
25%
25%
11%
4+
10%
CBH
13%
Firelands in Rift?
1%
Get off my lawn kid, don't play that game anymore.
5%

Total votes : 134

Re: Firelands dailies, how many toons will you do them on?

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:00 am

I am 4 things away from getting the meta and title, the behemoth has a super tiny hit box which makes it harder to run out of his melee ability.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:08 am

Uhm it's very easy, the stomp doesnt hit behind it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:13 am

Worldie wrote:Uhm it's very easy, the stomp doesnt hit behind it.

This is for the Ready for Raiding 2 achievement for the dailies that you can start doing after unlocking the Ancients. One is a behemoth who has a really tiny hit box who does an AOE pulse that hits melee, the rain of fire that attacks ranged can be interrupted, it has a short cast time so you have to be on the ball to get out in time to get credit for the achievement.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:02 pm

The behemoth is easy if you are patient.

I did this on my Holy Pally in Exodin spec the first week. Just go up a little to the area above the normal dailys. clear out scorpions if necessary. As a melee type, you get 1-2 melee swings before he starts casting stomp. Once he starts csting run don't back up, run forward away, and then turn around and run back in once he's done to control his location and minimize the risk of aggroing more trash. Take 1-2 ranged potshots on him before you are fully back in melee and repeat for like 5 mins.

With an actual dps class its trivial, and even a tank is pretty quick. Its best to do it when things are quiet so you don't get other people screwing up your solo.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:22 pm

Hrobertgar wrote:The behemoth is easy if you are patient.

I did this on my Holy Pally in Exodin spec the first week. Just go up a little to the area above the normal dailys. clear out scorpions if necessary. As a melee type, you get 1-2 melee swings before he starts casting stomp. Once he starts csting run don't back up, run forward away, and then turn around and run back in once he's done to control his location and minimize the risk of aggroing more trash. Take 1-2 ranged potshots on him before you are fully back in melee and repeat for like 5 mins.

With an actual dps class its trivial, and even a tank is pretty quick. Its best to do it when things are quiet so you don't get other people screwing up your solo.

Wrong Behemoth!

Talking about this one for this achievement.

His melee hit box pretty much requires standing inside of his model. He casts a rain of fire on ranged that will eliminate you getting the achievement. He'll also cast a ground fire for melee that will cause you to fail the achievement. The ground fire has a cast then a channel. The cast can't be interrupted but the channel can. Requires either precise timing or running out ASAP.
Flex

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:42 am

Not 100% sure it counts towards his "special attacks" but he always starts out with a set of boulder throws that I sometimes forget about (luckily I've already completed him for the ach, so don't have to worry so much about it anymore :D.)

I have 1 Lieutenant (Devout Harbinger) left and 1 Fire elemental (Hatespark) left to be finished with all the FL dailies achievements. I have a bombing run today, so if I'm lucky maybe I'll be able to finish them both.

FYI, I'm not a big fan of the Gay Hippopotamus Gryphon mount (what? flaming hippogryph? whatever...) except that it looks freaking awesome in shadowform :) (as does the Flame druid transformation item, and pretty much anything that makes shadowflames :D)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:31 am

Flex wrote:He casts a rain of fire on ranged that will eliminate you getting the achievement. He'll also cast a ground fire for melee that will cause you to fail the achievement. The ground fire has a cast then a channel. The cast can't be interrupted but the channel can. Requires either precise timing or running out ASAP.

Just reading on wowhead there are small white air pockets around that give you the jump boost (have to be running else you go straight up). If it is tauntable (or you get lucky positioning) possible to position him 2-3 yards away from one? Should be quicker to escape out of melee range as opposed to running.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Torias » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:54 am

He's stunnable with HoJ, you can use that to block groundfire long enough to run away. I honestly can't remember how I did that part of the achievement but the fact all of the elites are stunnable has trivialised most things so far. Biggest trouble I had was with Devout Harbinger.
Torias

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:55 am

lythac wrote:
Flex wrote:He casts a rain of fire on ranged that will eliminate you getting the achievement. He'll also cast a ground fire for melee that will cause you to fail the achievement. The ground fire has a cast then a channel. The cast can't be interrupted but the channel can. Requires either precise timing or running out ASAP.

Just reading on wowhead there are small white air pockets around that give you the jump boost (have to be running else you go straight up). If it is tauntable (or you get lucky positioning) possible to position him 2-3 yards away from one? Should be quicker to escape out of melee range as opposed to running.

Aye, there are two up at any given time and they give you a 100% haste buff as well as the jump buff (same as if you take the "hard" way up to the firebirds area.) Works really nice for spriests/afflocks and likely any other class that has haste as a high secondary stat (dks come to mind.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Chicken » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:31 am

lythac wrote:
Those are only there if you've done the Druids of the Talon dailies that day. If you've done Shadow Wardens there are some portals you can use instead, using one instantly takes you to the other and there's always one close to the center and somewhere at the edge.
Chicken

Postby sahiel » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:40 pm

If you're having real trouble you can always cheese these with a friend, group up, get the tag, friend stays in, you ride away, fight ends, you get achievement regardless of whether friend avoided stuff. Switch roles, repeat, cheesey achievements for all! ;)
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:42 pm

I did get the behemoth one that day, after a few tries. Running out into a rock makes for a lame way to lose out on it =(
Flex

Postby yappo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Another trick:

Solar Core Destruction quest.

Ride in, bubble, profit.
yappo

Postby Shathus » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:45 pm

yappo wrote:Another trick:

Solar Core Destruction quest.

Ride in, bubble, profit.

You shouldn't even have to bubble. Just mount up, ride in and right-click. Only like a .5 second open time
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:14 pm

Done. No way am I touching it on another toon.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General