Remove Advertisements

Firelands dailies, how many toons will you do them on?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

How many toons will you do the Firelands dailies on?

10%
25%
25%
11%
4+
10%
CBH
13%
Firelands in Rift?
1%
Get off my lawn kid, don't play that game anymore.
5%

Total votes : 134

Re: Firelands dailies, how many toons will you do them on?

Postby halabar » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:28 pm

Amirya wrote:I don't know of the firehawk hatchling quest either, then.

Big firehawks are on the ground, and use the thermal vent buff to jump up and down.

Fallen druids are easy to spot, and spawn pretty quickly. I just camp a spot.

Firehawk egg is at the top of the island, just vent jump to top, mount up, ride down, use a vent buff to jump from island to main spot.

Yeah, none of the others are the problem. Perhaps you'll be blessed with this new one tonight.. :-)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Amirya » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Hmm, there is one other possibility. You turn in the egg, and the next day, the guy gives you the quest to ride the firehawk and do some bombing.

That firehawk is standing right next to him. It's a vehicle bombing thing, you just use either 1 or 2. And hit 6 when you're done.

That one, maybe?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:38 pm

Amirya wrote:Hmm, there is one other possibility. You turn in the egg, and the next day, the guy gives you the quest to ride the firehawk and do some bombing.

That firehawk is standing right next to him. It's a vehicle bombing thing, you just use either 1 or 2. And hit 6 when you're done.

That one, maybe?

No, there is a third quest I've never seen.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:01 pm

Yeah, tiny little hatchlings flying high, usually close to the thermal vents but you have to jump in an odd direction, and time your click on the tiny target.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Epimer » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:13 pm

There are live ones on the ground at the summit. Much, much quicker than messing around with the vents.
Epimer

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:14 pm

Unlocknig the Moonwell gives you a long quest chain about Leyara, and an item which transforms you into a Druid of the Flame for 5 minutes. It's one of the good costumes, too - it lasts during combat.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:08 pm

Nothing neat when unlocking the Ancients. Just a daily worth 3 marks needed for the meta achievement.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:04 pm

3? That seems a bit unbalanced. Armorer gives a 2 mark daily and the Leyara quests give a one-off reward of 10 marks (which given it's 5 days to unlock each one means they both give 10 marks before you get to the next unlock).

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Marblehead » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:55 am

halabar wrote:speaking of getting birds.. how the F do you get those stupid hatchlings?

"Interact with target" keybind.
Life is not difficult, people are.
Marblehead

Postby Chicken » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:43 am

KysenMurrin wrote:3? That seems a bit unbalanced. Armorer gives a 2 mark daily and the Leyara quests give a one-off reward of 10 marks (which given it's 5 days to unlock each one means they both give 10 marks before you get to the next unlock).
It sounds unbalanced but it makes very little difference in the long run actually... At least assuming you've never missed doing a quest. Regardless of the route you take, you end up unlocking the next vendor five days after your first one, and your final vendor four days later.

Let's examine the worst and best case picks for marks:

- The worst case scenario is picking the moonwell first, armorer second and ancients third.
- While you have just the moonwell you'll have 12 marks after doing the (one-time) quests, you'll earn 26 marks a day meaning you'll eventually end up with 142 marks.
- Subtract 125 as payment for the armorer and we're at 17 marks, and add 2 that day for being able to do the armorer daily once putting us at 19 marks
- We're now earning 28 marks a day. Since we already have 19 that puts as at 131 marks 4 days later.
- Subtract 125 for the ancients, and after doing the new daily that gives you'll have 9 marks.

- The best case scenario is picking the ancients first, armorer second and moonwell third.
- With this combination you'll have 5 marks on the day you unlocked the ancients. You're earning 29 marks a day however, eventually putting as at 150 marks.
- Subtract 125 as payment for the armorer and we're at 25 marks, and add 2 that day for being able to do the armorer daily once putting us at 27 marks.
- We're now earning 31 marks a day. We start with 27, meaning 4 days later we'll have 151 marks.
- Subtract 125 for the moonwell, add 10 from the one-time quest, and you end up with 36 marks.

There's certainly an advantage to people hunting for pets to go for the optimal route of ancients > armorer > moonwell, but regardless of your chosen path you'll end up unlocking the vendors at the same speed.
Chicken

Postby Ghastard » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:10 am

I'll do them on both my 85s. Mainly for the mount. Been doing them on Ultronic while waiting in dps que for heroics, kind of a fun mini game to get them all done before que pops.
Ghastard

Postby Staatt » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:32 pm

halabar wrote:
Staatt wrote:There are also hatchlings around the lava pools (on the ground). I found it MUCH easier to just run around and find them after getting frustrated with the wind gusts. If someone has a clever trick, I'm all ears!

I didn't see any on the ground.. and I was tired of aggroing all those elementals.

Yeah, the elementals are a bit of a pain, but I just run through them and train them until I find the hatchlings. Then I hunker down, AoE any that are still with me and take the hatchlings.

Note, I've only had that quest once. It's not very common.
Staatt
Maintankadonor

Postby djlar » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:35 pm

Man I've fallen behind big time, most people are on the unlock a vendor by now.. I'm on the Shadow Wardens side, I get, I think 25 marks, at this pace it will take 4 full days to unlock the vendors.

So are you saying I only will make 26 a day? so after finishing with wardens those dailies dissapear? man I thought I would get double dailies from both factions.. I guess not..

Well at least I won't get that bored of killing spiders and collecting eggs and stuff.
djlar

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:10 pm

They don't disappear, you simple can choose between Wardens and Druids quest, you can't do both. Every day you get to choose again.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:09 am

Ok... so I had the bombing run yesterday... is there only one of the elemental guys (for the ach) up each day? Or do you have to actually kill him to get a different one? Anyone know?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General