The 4.2 Is Out Now Thread

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: The 4.2 Is Out Now Thread

Postby Aerron » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:30 am

Not to mention those quests felt buggy as hell. I had to redo the water quest four times because Aggra would disappear instead of going into the bubble. I'd watched my wife do it on her comp, and knew what it was supposed to look like. But each time the bar filled, Aggra would do her emote/RP about being sucked in, and then ... nothin.

The fire quest too bugged out for us. Got through it all in the end, but what a cluster.
Last edited by Aerron on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aerron

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:31 am

Yup, even on our little server there were Horde deliberately hanging out flagged all over the Thrall questline. I managed to stay unflagged most of the time, but eventually I accidentally attacked a Hunter's pet (pet nameplates are the same color as NPC ones in my UI atm) and got flagged; tried to mind my own business, but a couple of minutes later a Warlock decided to gank me (this was outside in Hyjal, less people around - in the Thrall quest areas I'd've been killed in seconds).
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:41 am

All I know is that the idea of grinding for god knows how long to fully open the new Hyjal rewards (300 marks? 235 marks?) Finally made me say fuck it and bench my alt tank, which I would use for Raid B when they were short a tank.

So yeah, am down to just my main and my banker.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:47 am

on my server, which is pvp, there was surprisingly little PvP in the questing areas.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:54 am

Might start doing all the dailies with a pvp pet. All I ever use for raids these days is a windserpent anyway.. (grumble...)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby fafhrd » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:14 am

Pyrea wrote:on my server, which is pvp, there was surprisingly little PvP in the questing areas.

Yeah, there was a bit of a dustup around the Thrall NPC that actually starts the questline for the cloaks, but other than that, all the other places the quest takes you, even with a couple dozen horde and alliance milling around killing mobs, I didn't see anyone attacking anyone else - everyone who bothered to go to the quest areas was actually questing (probably because they're all at spots in the ass-end of nowhere, so the people who weren't on the quest wouldn't bother to fly/swim out there one they weren't on the quest themselves).
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Digren » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:24 am

Epimer wrote:I'm personally looking forward to the barrage of "Add-on x isn't working!" or "I'm getting a ton of lua errors!" in /gchat, followed by "Are all of your add-ons up to date?" "...no."

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

I updated every. goddamn. addon. Monday night, to versions that all said they were 4.2 ready, and yesterday when I logged on every. single. one. said it was out of date.

I guess I should crosspost in the frustrations thread.
Digren

Postby Digren » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:25 am

Now I know why the broke the beer goggles in 4.1. They were tweaking the code so we could open the map at the mailbox. It's still broken; posting auctions or getting cash from mail causes them to re-apply their effect, with the sound and everyone flashing as gnomes.

It's annoying, but obviously in an I'll-complain-about-it-but-not-take-the-goggles-off sort of way.
Digren

Postby Doz » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:24 am

Pyrea wrote:on my server, which is pvp, there was surprisingly little PvP in the questing areas.

Lucky. Impossible to do the quests on my server due to the pvp fest. Blizzard is mildly retarded for making a quest that takes forever, and you have to start over if you die. It's just asking for trouble. Will have to wait til things calm down a bit to get them done, hopefully the excitement will wear off for the gankers after a day or two.
Doz

Postby Flex » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:26 am

Each small elemental adds 5% to the bar, the big ones add 15%. This is hardly forever to complete.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Doz » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:34 am

Flex wrote:Each small elemental adds 5% to the bar, the big ones add 15%. This is hardly forever to complete.

So at the least I have to kill 7 bigs or 20 smalls. While fighting off 5-6 hordies at each totem (all pvp was at the firelands quest). Yes it takes a long time. You are either on a pve server, or noone was pvp'ing.

I don't mind fighting for it, but let me keep the 5% I just got if I die.
Doz

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:37 am

The only redeeming point is that you can kill an elemental that is already tagged and still get credit for it.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby yappo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:48 am

On a low-pop semi-balanced PvP server.

The Thrall questline started as a gank-fest, but after calling in the cavalry questing went somewhat smoother. Just wiped out anything actively targetting one of us and left the mob-killing alliance to their business. Most of them got the message.

I still wonder why people leave their brains at home. Ten horde swapping from PvE to PvP gear ought to be visually significant enough to give a broad hint that wearing PvE gear and attacking one of us is an epically stupid idea.

Still detracted from any epic questing feeling. All quest areas were swamped with players (for obvious reasons) and doing the quests turned into a semi-organized military action where we rotated anti-gank guard duty while doing the real quest more or less as a side-show.

Anyway, the tank-cloak was a fairly decent upgrade. It effectively kills the Hyjal rep cloak unless your mainspec is holy or ret.
yappo

Postby lythac » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am

yappo wrote:Anyway, the tank-cloak was a fairly decent upgrade. It effectively kills the Hyjal rep cloak unless your mainspec is holy or ret.

I am in a quandary over which cloak to take for my supposedly Holy/Ret paladin.

The Holy cloak isn't good being Haste/Mastery and the Avengers cloak at friendly being Spirit/Mastery and a higher ilvl is superior and quickly attainable.

Pretty sure the same applies to Ret, the extra strength from the Avengers cloak and when reforged Haste>Mastery looks to put it higher than the Vow cloak.

The Avengers tank cloak sucks and the Vow cloak is perfectly itemised and likely to be the best Prot cloak I could get my hands on this tier.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby culhag » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:59 am

Apparently there's a bug with the french client that makes WoW crash when we get to some of Bethilac's trashs.

Which means switching the game to english to get there, which means having to edit quite a few macros. :evil:
culhag
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General