The 4.2 Is Out Now Thread

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: The 4.2 Is Out Now Thread

Postby fafhrd » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:59 am

Shoju wrote:I'm really curious to see how things go tonight. I hear the 372 geared saying really easy, I hear others saying ZOMG Trash wiped teh raidz... I'm hoping to get a couple of kills.

One of the ~7/13H 25 guilds on our server apparently spent most of their night wiping to the trash :/ I'm not sure how they managed this though, some of the trash is pretty nasty, but not THAT nasty. I'd guess they were not paying attention to pats and knockbacks and double pulling or something. There are several mobs that knockback, and a lot of pats that intersect packs or pass very close to them, as well as several that need you to pay a bit of attention (stacking debuffs, aoe when they die etc).

The 3 bosses we managed last night all had a bit of a burn phase at the end with a "can't keep healing through this" feel, so might take a while to get down in 359. In 372 those were mostly "phew, hard part is over, just zerg now" phases.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:02 am

KysenMurrin wrote:
fafhrd wrote:Recount seems fine. Make sure you update it to the latest release. I used http://static.wowace.com/content/files/ ... -r1153.zip

Is it just the combat log event change that needed fixing? I went through Recount manually and did that, didn't see an update avaialble at the time. Haven't been in a group to see if anything was still broken. Good thing is it prompted me to go ahead and fix the CC Breakers module while I was at it (removed all the obsolete rank 2/3 stuff and added in the missing spells).

All I know is last night the version I had wasn't recording damage done or dps, and I wanted to compare my new spec after the nerfs and see if anything was borked.

Checked the Curse client before I logged in and they didn't have an update yet. I'll have to try that link if Curse doesn't have it tonight.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Treck » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:05 am

Theres been roumors about people beeing able to access the new baradin hold boss, even tho hes not suppose to be killable untill the next pvp season starts.
Anyone know anything more about this?
Tried running into his room but he hasnt spawned at all.
Treck

Postby Shathus » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:07 am

halabar wrote:
Checked the Curse client before I logged in and they didn't have an update yet. I'll have to try that link if Curse doesn't have it tonight.

I don't know about Recount, Skada has a version that was updated a few weeks ago (maybe in May?) that still said it was for v4.1 but worked just fine once I upgraded (was broken prior to the update).

So I'd just make sure to get the latest, regardless of when it was updated to see if that fixes the issue.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:14 am

Treck wrote:Theres been roumors about people beeing able to access the new baradin hold boss, even tho hes not suppose to be killable untill the next pvp season starts.

Probably was hotfixed in the first 30 min.

halabar

Postby fafhrd » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:21 am

halabar wrote:
Treck wrote:Theres been roumors about people beeing able to access the new baradin hold boss, even tho hes not suppose to be killable untill the next pvp season starts.

Speaking of hotfixes, they stopped the guild banner things being usable in Firelands. :/ Wtf. The damn things were finally good for something, and they immediately stop it? What do they imagine people find them so useful for if not raid rep farming?
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:22 am

fafhrd wrote:
halabar wrote:

Speaking of hotfixes, they stopped the guild banner things being usable in Firelands. :/ Wtf. The damn things were finally good for something, and they immediately stop it? What do they imagine people find them so useful for if not raid rep farming?

Question meet answer.

halabar

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:26 am

In other news, world pvp seems to be coming back more. There was quite a bit of it in the questing zone where flagged people were running into aoe or simply running into where people were pounding on quest mobs, or just standing on the quest givers. Not sure if any of that is reportable. The NPC thing was really annoying.

halabar

Postby warden » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:39 am

Yep, I found this really annoying. At first, I just tried to do my dailies in peace, but ended up flagged from DS, holy wrath, SoR, or whatever else unaviodable aoe was going on while I was knocking out the quests. It didn't bother me getting clipped by a hordie or two doing their quests, but when they started actively trying to gank me, it got old fast and I just resorted to turning everything with an attackable nameplate into mush. If people want to pvp, that's fine. I'm not much of a PvPer, but its part of the game. What annoys me is why someone in blue pvp gear or whatever they were wearing would try to gank a mostly-372 ret, get obliterated a few times when they piss him off, and then whine and bitch and make me ignore them on their ally alts.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:53 am

I thought they changed non-targetted AoE to not flag you years ago?

/pvp server so this has never come up, people just kill me if they want to fight
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby warden » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:59 am

No idea, but something was clipping them and I was ending up flagged. Funny, because my brief stint playing on a PvP server I didn't really see the asshattery of random ganking that I see on PvE servers... It was more civilized IIRC. Like you said, if they wanted to fight you, they just walked up and attacked, not camping port areas to catch you on the loading screen or watching til you have several mobs before attacking.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:01 am

fafhrd wrote:I thought they changed non-targetted AoE to not flag you years ago?

/pvp server so this has never come up, people just kill me if they want to fight

Not sure, but people standing/dancing on the questgivers, or the spawned quest mob was going on a lot. (And in at least one case, the jerk doing it had 3 flagged buddies waiting in back as soon as someone did flag.)

halabar

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:01 am

Being Alli on an Alli dominated normal server, I felt only a little guilty.

I levelled all my toons on various PvP servers that were all Horde dominated, and they were ugly. All my PvP-ganking skills come from having suffered at the hands of the horde. I only xfered because Alli raiding was so por with such a low population.

I DID gank any and EVERY flagged horde I saw while grinding all three of my toons through. and I enjoyed it. I saw some Alli trying to live and let live (and I will let live for fishing in IF for example), but for quest grinding ganking was TOTALLY called for. :twisted:
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:08 am

Hrobertgar wrote:Being Alli on an Alli dominated normal server, I felt only a little guilty.

I levelled all my toons on various PvP servers that were all Horde dominated, and they were ugly. All my PvP-ganking skills come from having suffered at the hands of the horde. I only xfered because Alli raiding was so por with such a low population.

I DID gank any and EVERY flagged horde I saw while grinding all three of my toons through. and I enjoyed it. I saw some Alli trying to live and let live (and I will let live for fishing in IF for example), but for quest grinding ganking was TOTALLY called for. :twisted:

Fighting in the open is fine. Standing on the NPC to force someone to flag is asshatery.

halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:16 am

halabar wrote:
Hrobertgar wrote:Being Alli on an Alli dominated normal server, I felt only a little guilty.

Fighting in the open is fine. Standing on the NPC to force someone to flag is asshatery.

IAWTC -- Seriously, it annoyed me trying to do the thrall and available hyjal quests.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General